Chip Kelly of Oregon, GONE... NOT GONE...

au75

Oregon coach Chip Kelly is finalizing a deal to become the Bucs head coach, sources confirmed to the Tampa Bay Times Sunday??????????????????????

slmandel Stewart Mandel

RT @NFLSTROUD Oregon coach Chip Kelly is finalizing a deal to become the Bucs head coach, sources confirmed to the Tampa Bay Times Sunday

19 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Retweeted by auburnbeat

Looks like the NCAA is hot on Oregon. Time for Kelly to hit the fire escape.

LOL a la Pete Carroll... get out of town just before the Ducks get thrown in the NCAA pokey.

LOL a la Pete Carroll... get out of town just before the Ducks get thrown in the NCAA pokey.

Gotta be. Kelly is too arrogant to be an NFL HC. He would get put in his place quick by his players.

As a Bucs fan I just don't know what to think about this....geez.

I'm with you. I lived in Tampa for three years and just don't see how they can run his system. Hey, at least he and Blount will be reunited.

There are rumors on Twitter of Malzahn to Oregon.  I could see that.

I would lose a lot of respect for Gus if he did that. He hasn't even been at Arky St. long enough to vacuum that house, in the gated community, on the golf course.

Who could blame him?  Sure, it sucks, but an opportunity is a opportunity and Oregon would be a HUGE one for CGM.  He would light up the Pac 12. 

He would be a good fit at Oregon IMO.

And rereading the texts, many are saying "CBSSPORTS" reporting....I think it could be in regards to their premature reporting of Paterno's death  :dunno: and I just let it fly over my head.

Forgive me, I am a blond.  ;D

FWIW, I've seen that, if Kelly is indeed gone, two of the first calls Oregon would/could make would be to Gary Patterson and Chris Peterson.

Though, if sanctions are indeed on the way at Oregon, I don't know that they could get a big name like that. And I think Gus would be smart enough to know that it would/could be a tough deal stepping into that.

This is the worst coaching hire in NFL history

I don't know about that....there have been some trainwreck hires out there.

There are rumors on Twitter of Malzahn to Oregon.  I could see that.

Wow that seems like a pretty perfect job for Malzahn.

And he already wears a visor  :)

Word this morning is Kelly changed his mind in the middle of working out some details and is staying at UO.

BSPN is reporting that Kelly turned Tampa down...

Word this morning is Kelly changed his mind in the middle of working out some details and is staying at UO.

BSPN is reporting that Kelly turned Tampa down...

yep said he decided to stay. Guess he feels ok about future sanctions. People are so quick to jump to conclusions when they are on the outside looking in.

Wouldn't it be nice to have those inside sources at the NCAA like Danny 'bagman' Sheridan that would keep you up to date with who they are investigating, what they know, and what they suspect in real time?

Archived