2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

This would be a huge pull. (Pun intended) It does make me wonder if Adams commits to us if Foster flips back to AU. I won't count on it but will be interesting.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Clemson chat is saying Adams is calling staffs saying he has committed to Auburn.

@ChatClemson

Reports are saying that #Clemson target Montravius Adams is contacting each coaching staffs letting them know he's choosing Auburn.

I posted that a couple of pages back lol

IBut it is cool seeing it twice!

I'll take adams for foster trade all day

Not into recruit swapping, personally. I wish we could have both.

It's not NSD yet, still a chance at Foster ;)

Im with you on that... Not trying to be a homer but Foster did seem pretty unconfident with his decision. As long as Adams, Alexander, and Daniel are All In, I can see Foster swapping back to the good guys...

If he writes this down on paper....

Lawson DE 5*

Foster ILB 5*

Daniel DE 5*

Adams DT 5*

Alexander CB 5*

He will realize he could be apart of a GREAT defense in the future!

The show that hosted Reuben's decision had Lawson as a 4* which is beyond me. Also at this point Foster doesn't going to UA doesn't bother me. i think we will have a stellar class whether he signs with us or bama. We need guys that are committed to Auburn and the rest will just take care of itself.

They were using scout's recruiting rankings, lawson is a 4* there for some unknown reason, they have him as the seventh best DE which is ridiculous cause just about every other recruiting service has him as a top 7 recruit overall...

This would be a huge pull. (Pun intended) It does make me wonder if Adams commits to us if Foster flips back to AU. I won't count on it but will be interesting.

The giant master plan is for RF to wait until Monty faxes in his LOI, THEN he calls saban to inform him that he just sent his LOI to Auburn ;D

Some Clemson chat is saying Adams is calling staffs saying he has committed to Auburn.

@ChatClemson

Reports are saying that #Clemson target Montravius Adams is contacting each coaching staffs letting them know he's choosing Auburn.

Whoops my bad :D

@ChatClemson

IBut it is cool seeing it twice!

This is true.

Im with you on that... Not trying to be a homer but Foster did seem pretty unconfident with his decision. As long as Adams, Alexander, and Daniel are All In, I can see Foster swapping back to the good guys...

Lawson DE 5*

Foster ILB 5*

Daniel DE 5*

Adams DT 5*

Alexander CB 5*

The show that hosted Reuben's decision had Lawson as a 4* which is beyond me. Also at this point Foster doesn't going to UA doesn't bother me. i think we will have a stellar class whether he signs with us or bama. We need guys that are committed to Auburn and the rest will just take care of itself.

I believe they use Scout rankings, which list him as the 7th best DE. While Rivals has him ranked as the 4th best player in the nation. 247 has him at the 24th best, but the #1 DE.

Lawson DE 5*

Foster ILB 5*

Daniel DE 5*

Adams DT 5*

Alexander CB 5*

I believe they use Scout rankings, which list him as the 7th best DE. While Rivals has him ranked as the 4th best player in the nation. 247 has him at the 24th best, but the #1 DE.

I never look at Scout so thats why I wouldn't know haha.

The giant master plan is for RF to wait until Monty faxes in his LOI, THEN he calls saban to inform him that he just sent his LOI to Auburn ;D

Payback would be great!

I was trolling some Clemson message boards. Alot of the posts are now starting to read something like "guys don't be bummed if Adams goes to Auburn". Good news for us.

I was trolling some Clemson message boards. Alot of the posts are now starting to read something like "guys don't be bummed if Adams goes to Auburn". Good news for us.

This feeling is all from the gut but I have a feeling NSD will be a good one for Auburn!

This feeling is all from the gut but I have a feeling NSD will be a good one for Auburn!

Yeah there's chatter on Bama, Georgia, and Clemson message boards Adams will pick us.

Payback would be great!

Now, why would anyone think that RF would pull something like that?

:drippingsarcasm7pa::drippingsarcasm7pa:

I have to say this..I genuinely believe that CGM would rather Foster had disappeared and not been a part of Auburn's recruiting this year. However, since his name was already in "play", he had to just let the process play itself out. Coaches are not allowed to comment of course, but anything that CGM would have done to "discontinue" contact with Foster would have brought the wrath of the press down on Auburn.

I want Foster gone for good! He can drive his momma to Tuscaloosa in his new Escalade in time this weekend to deposit his daughter's newly aquired college endowment funds in the First National Bank of Tuscaloosa and still have time to get to his appointment for his new suit fittings at Ttown's favorite clothier..

I have to say this..I genuinely believe that CGM would rather Foster had disappeared and not been a part of Auburn's recruiting this year. However, since his name was already in "play", he had to just let the process play itself out. Coaches are not allowed to comment of course, but anything that CGM would have done to "discontinue" contact with Foster would have brought the wrath of the press down on Auburn.

I want Foster gone for good! He can drive his momma to Tuscaloosa in his new Escalade in time this weekend to deposit his daughter's newly aquired college endowment funds in the First National Bank of Tuscaloosa and still have time to get to his appointment for his new suit fittings at Ttown's favorite clothier..

Pfft, whatever...

Talk about sour grapes. Every coach in the country wanted Foster and not signing him after he was so committed he got an Auburn tattoo is a legendary failure. The class may still be great (several pieces need to fall into place however) but you're cracked if you think this staff thought of Reuben Foster as unwanted baggage from the previous administration.

I thought this thread was about Montravius Adams?

Talk about sour grapes. Every coach in the country wanted Foster and not signing him after he was so committed he got an Auburn tattoo is a legendary failure. The class may still be great (several pieces need to fall into place however) but you're cracked if you think this staff thought of Reuben Foster as unwanted baggage from the previous administration.

I disagree. I think the staff cleaned house with the coaches and did the same mentally with recruits. If a showboating recruit signed with Auburn, good, if he didn't, we'd save a lot of $ on advil from the headaches he might cause.

The same premise could be used for Adams. Auburn wasn't pushing hard for him, and Garner famously passed on him when he was at UGa. Now all of a sudden he's an Auburn lean? I think when you get new people in the room, ideas and perceptions of recruits change, just as defensive and offensive schemes change. It is entirely possible for Auburn's staff to be ok that Foster, or any potential problem, passed on us.

I disagree. I think the staff cleaned house with the coaches and did the same mentally with recruits. If a showboating recruit signed with Auburn, good, if he didn't, we'd save a lot of $ on advil from the headaches he might cause.

The same premise could be used for Adams. Auburn wasn't pushing hard for him, and Garner famously passed on him when he was at UGa. Now all of a sudden he's an Auburn lean? I think when you get new people in the room, ideas and perceptions of recruits change, just as defensive and offensive schemes change. It is entirely possible for Auburn's staff to be ok that Foster, or any potential problem, passed on us.

You're confusing Monty with Carl brutha

Montravius already had a connection to AU regardless of staff. Adams has the demeanor closer to a Carl Lawson. Lawson and Adams both attended their Clemson official visit together. The Lawson/Adams/Barber picture at midfield with Gus is a good glimpse of a recruiting lean. Tomorrow we will know.

As of this morning....Clemson boards are in meltdown mode. Georgia still thinks they have a shot but are conceding Auburn is Even if not in the lead for Adams.

Why would random posters on those boards have any inside info at all?

As of this morning....Clemson boards are in meltdown mode. Georgia still thinks they have a shot but are conceding Auburn is Even if not in the lead for Adams.

Why would random posters on those boards have any inside info at all?

Don't bring logic into recruiting.

Archived