SEC Tourney- Ole Miss Game

jwmboom7

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we're still in the ballgame. Could have been much worse given the circumstances. Gotta continue the D and avoid the scoring droughts.

AU is lucky to be down five, obviously. these distractions are getting to them. imagine practicing everyday, then fighting in games with a fellow teammate, then this gets dropped on you. do you guys think this effects trust/chemistry?

AU is lucky to be down five, obviously. these distractions are getting to them. imagine practicing everyday, then fighting in games with a fellow teammate, then this gets dropped on you. do you guys think this effects trust/chemistry?

I think Auburn's season ends tonight and that might be for the best considering.

I think Auburn's season ends tonight and that might be for the best considering.

No that would not be for the best. losing is not a good thing FYI

Auburn sophomore guard Varez Ward has privately acknowledged that federal authorities have questioned him about point-shaving allegations in games he played for the Tigers this season and he has denied those allegations, according to a source familiar with Ward's version of events.

Ward has said that federal authorities seized his phone through a court order and questioned him with a lie-detector test, according to the source. Ward was not aware of the current status of the investigation.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/source_varez_ward_questioned_b.html

Denson is still my favorite player for the season.  He's the only one on the floor that I have confidence in when he goes to the basket.  

Well it's been an OK season boys. Next year should be much improved.

It will definitely help to not have our PG try to screw up games. 

Btw thanks for all the info you brought to the table this season and year around.

This had to be a hard game for the kids tonight ....and just in case, the refs made sure we never got started...what? AU had ten personals against them before OM was whisteled for a foul.   KG fouls and no one being able to hit the 3s on a regular basis....just not to be.    Looking forward to seeing some of the new talent coming in next season.

:we:

This had to be a hard game for the kids tonight ....and just in case, the refs made sure we never got started...what? AU had ten personals against them before OM was whisteled for a foul.   KG fouls and no one being able to hit the 3s on a regular basis....just not to be.    Looking forward to seeing some of the new talent coming in next season.

I try not to believe there are conspiracies but 10 fouls in 10 minutes with the other team having 0.  Three of those fouls called on your best player.  Questionable calls and non calls sure makes one say hmmmmm? 

Guys, I love Auburn with all of my heart but this game was absolutely painful to watch.  One of the frustrating parts about this team is that they do not attack when they are trapped or pressed.  They do not look to find the open man or take advantage of the numbers once they break that press or that trap.  They just simply look to pass out of it and hope that it will go away.  I really hope with a healthier team and more athletic team next year that Barbee will turn his guys loose next year and let them attack!

I try not to believe there are conspiracies but 10 fouls in 10 minutes with the other team having 0.  Three of those fouls called on your best player.   Questionable calls and non calls sure makes one say hmmmmm?   

Basketball has to be the easiest game for refs to have an influence on. Like I said earlier, there was now way the powers that be wanted us to advance in this tournament. Not saying it's a conspiracy, but point shaving is not something the SEC wants addressed any further in this tournament.

Oh and thanks AuburnBasketball for all your post this year. It's always good to get some info from someone who follows the team a little closer than I do.  :bow:

Guys, I love Auburn with all of my heart but this game was absolutely painful to watch.  One of the frustrating parts about this team is that they do not attack when they are trapped or pressed.  They do not look to find the open man or take advantage of the numbers once they break that press or that trap.  They just simply look to pass out of it and hope that it will go away.  I really hope with a healthier team and more athletic team next year that Barbee will turn his guys loose next year and let them attack!

I fully expect Auburn to play like Kentucky next year.    ummmmm ... Well ... not exactly like Kentucky, but Barbee's philosophy and style are just like the one and only mentor he ever had, Calipari.

As he gets more and more of his own recruits in place the style of play will be the same.

I think we have one of the top coaches in the country. I am very optimistic with Barbee being our coach. I think we will be a much better and different looking team next year with kids that don't purposely mess up!  :wedance::party:

Well it's been an OK season boys. Next year should be much improved.

It will definitely help to not have our PG try to screw up games. 

Btw thanks for all the info you brought to the table this season and year around.

Yes that will definately help! :laugh: and also it's no problem I enjoy doing it.

This season has been painful to watch since most of the SEC schedule.  They could get close but rarely close the door on anyone.  Coaching has been a definite improvement since the Lebo regime but I would still like to see more effective set plays out of time outs and inbounds plays. Not sure if that is coaching or lack of execution by the players.  Either way I hope that we have some talent coming in that will pan out and guys ready to play and contribute in their first year bc IMO we can only go so far with what we have as of now.  I REALLY want to see Auburn get back to the level we were at during the Cliff Ellis days when we were a threat to any team on any given day.  What a terrible way to end the season with a first round loss and a point shaving point guard on the roster. 

ANNNNNNNNND the season comes to an end mercifully.  Looking forward to an improved team next year with a much tougher mentality, better free throw shooting, and about a .500 league record, with 19-20 wins.

Archived