Ole Miss Game Thread

CarolinaTiger

35-14 and WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :big::big::big::big::au::au::au::au:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...i love the way caddy sets up a defender, only to leave him and his jockstrap on the ground as he runs by.

This kinda reminds me of the :ua: / :usc: game this year. No matter how good the defense plays, the offense comes out and GIVES it to the other team WITH great field position. It's hard to come back out and defend when you just came off the field.

AU is pulling away now, but Ole Miss found a defense somewhere. Also, I don't remember seeing Spurlock all night. The Lane kid at QB is going to be a stud.

When you win your "let-down" game by 21, you've got a damn good football team. Great game guys.

thanks, 24. the D did what they had to do (save 2 pass plays :( ), and the O did what they had to, too.

other than 2 turnovers that cost us 10-14 pooints, i'm happy!

ct

I wanna say "Good game" to the Rebs...they scared the **** out of me for a while.

...and WAR EAGLE!!!! It's GREAT to be an Auburn Tiger!!! :au::big:

...a week off will do us good. the open week will get our legs back and hopefully cut out on some of the sloppy play. but i've got to give the team its due, a good win on the road against a tough opponent.

When you win your "let-down" game by 21, you've got a damn good football team.  Great game guys.

116650[/snapback]

Thanks man. Boy, it sure was an ugly win, but it was a win nonetheless. Let's see how far we are out of second place after OU almost getting beat.

Now I have to wait two weeks before we play again. Good for the team, but not good for me. :lol: The bad thing is that I will miss the first half of the Georgia game and possibly the whole game because I will be in Pensacola for an airshow that day. <_< I will have a radio with me, but I would much prefer to watch it. I could TIVO it, but then I would have to avoid all media until I got home Sunday afternoon. Then again, it would drive me crazy to wait that long to know the outcome. :blink:

SEC West Champs!!! WDE!!!!!

Guys, there ain't no such thing as an UGLY win.

Those suckers are all BEAUTIFUL :D:D:D

Now I'll call my ole miss brother

WDE

Any word on TJ's injury? It was TJ wasn't it?

Feels great to come out with the "W", but man I had some more heartburn going into half. It was a good win and to earn a trip to Atlanta with 3-4 weeks left in the season, that has to say something about Auburn. For know I say lets get back to full speed with a much needed week off, then its time to take care of them DAWGS.

9-0!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE :au::cheer::au:

is it just my normal whiney disposition, or do the announcers sound like they want ole miss to do well/win.  maybe they're just wanting a close game.

ole miss piecing together a nice drive....

116463[/snapback]

Ron Franklin and Mike Gotfreid are total :homer:s

Any word on TJ's injury? It was TJ wasn't it?

116674[/snapback]

CTT just said on the post-game show that it was a ligament strain, but no tear. He'll have an MRI tomorrow and unless it shows something nasty, he should be back soon.

is it just my normal whiney disposition, or do the announcers sound like they want ole miss to do well/win.  maybe they're just wanting a close game.

ole miss piecing together a nice drive....

116463[/snapback]

Ron Franklin and Mike Gotfreid are total :homer:s

116687[/snapback]

Did you see at the beginning of the broadcast where Ron Franklin said he'll try to call the game as he see's 'em just like he does always, but truth be told he'd like nothing better than to see his alma mater beat the #3 team in the country? "I'm a Rebel," he said. Also, Gottfried is a bammie homer because his brother coaches the basketball team. Can't expect too much AU praise from those two. Not that we need it from the likes of them. Scoreboard, Ron! :au: WDE

Respect? I think that the Tigers are TAKING the respect that is not offered! :au:

WAR EAGLE...ONE at a time...up next...KILL the puppies ! ! ! :D

tidefan said

"These ESPN guys have made it obvious who they want to win. A block in the back is a block in the back, it doesn't matter if the player has a chance or not. "

I know this is kind of late(I was at a Halloween party getting updates on my cell phone) but I did watch the pre-game show. On it one of the anouncers talked about going back to his roots at Old Miss(which is a big journalism school) and up to kickoff he would be rooting for Old Miss. He then stated he would call the game neutral. That is BS having a guy announce for his own school on national TV. He can try to be neutral but human nature will prevail.

These guys were absolutely ridiculous. Its definitely frustrating to take during the game, but it makes the victory that much sweeter to hear the disappointment in their voices.

Side Note: Does anyone in America talk slower than Mike Gottfried. I mean oh my god. I can't stand to listen to him because it takes so long to complete a thought. I expect nothing less than an anti- :au: outlook from Gottfried. On the Sunday night show he balks whenever Sheridan or Donan praise :au: and he argued both of them down that Miami was the clear #3 and Auburn was correct at #4. Way to go smart guy!

P.S. These guys were bad, but I thought I was going to have to get up and wipe off the droul from Kieth Jackson's mouth. Did he attend Oklahoma? He got more excited when Adrian Peterson touched the ball than anyone other time in the game. :puke: It was so annoying that I chose to watch the 3 stooges Dave, Dave, and Dave (not to be confused with Toni Tone Tony, or Ed Edd, and Eddy 4 the kids) on JP instead.

War Eagle

9-0 Baby!! :big:

Archived