Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice haul, Shocks! And those prices? Geezebus!

Im pretty geeked about hitting DC starting tomorrow. While it's primarily a work trip, beer will happen. Oh yes...it will happen.

On 5/27/2017 at 8:23 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Headed to this place Monday. I'm out of my element.

Any recs? 

http://churchkeydc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/BBCK-Draft-List-5.26.17.pdf

Maine does great things with hops if you're so inclined. Definitely get feedback from your server. I can't speak for their whole staff but I'm pretty sure that being passionate about beer and being cool are job requirements there. And they'll let you taste stuff. Enjoy!

20 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

At a place called Sergio's in Louisville. Beer prices are absolutely outrageous. But the selection is out of this world. 

$12 for a Founders Frootwood 12oz? GTFOH. 

$10 for a Zombie Dust 12oz? GTFOH. 

Cash only also. 

:ucrazy:

27 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

A651306A-734D-497F-A6A3-D4FD8FB990BF_zps

Very nice beer. Great balance of hop bite and floral. 

Love how you framed this pic. 

"DEVELOPING NOW: beer"

Hope y'all are having a great Memorial Day. 

IMG_20170529_135945725_zpsvxkxbqfg.jpg

Dad and I splitting this. 

IMG_20170529_185146137_zpsg7ppsnde.jpg

As much as I loved the 12, the 8 is my absolute favorite. 

On 5/27/2017 at 10:05 AM, Bigbens42 said:

Not quite Westbrook good, but a tasty Gose after mowing the grass. Will buy again. 

IMG_20170527_100107295_zpsw3ie81kk.jpg

Agree. Enjoyed it poolside Saturday. Not a Westbrook, but will also buy again. I also bought the Westbrook for side by side. No brainer.

Had a crowd, so purchased Trim Tab Brown Rye, Lagunitas Waldo and 12th of Never, Good People IPA and JUCO. No complaints.

Birthday yesterday. Went to the ATL United match on Sunday and tailgated with a keg of Creature Comforts Cosmik Debris. It was not my first choice, but it was one of those "Nobody in Atlanta can get their hands on a keg of Cosmik Debris" impulse decisions. 

What I'm trying to say is be careful tailgating for 4 hours with an 8% DIPA on a hot day. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Birthday yesterday. Went to the ATL United match on Sunday and tailgated with a keg of Creature Comforts Cosmik Debris. It was not my first choice, but it was one of those "Nobody in Atlanta can get their hands on a keg of Cosmik Debris" impulse decisions. 

What I'm trying to say is be careful tailgating for 4 hours with an 8% DIPA on a hot day. 

Happy (belated)

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Happy (belated)

Happy belated birthday, Loof. It's on my calendar now.

4 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Happy belated birthday, Loof. It's on my calendar now.

I'm happy to be in some very elite company in that regard!

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hope you had a good one bro and Happy belated!  Given it was an ATL United match I'd guess you were about status quo after 4 hours right? Man when I was in Europe I was amazed at how much those boys could throw down. Hope the ATL crowd represents. :beer2:

GKNipeX.jpg

Trying my hardest not to guzzle this one down. Thought it sounded kind of weird and initially passed on it, but changed my mind. Reminds more of a Berliner than an IPA, but wow is it refreshing. 

Happy bday @Tiger Refuge. I should have a package being sent to you by the weekend. 

Finally trying this one after seeing pictures of it for years. Interesting to say the least. Definitely picking up on the oak in aroma and taste. Smooth/creamy mouthfeel. Getting peach, grapefruit and orange notes. Solid beer. Picked this up in Nashville.

hBFT04g.jpg

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Hope you had a good one bro and Happy belated!  Given it was an ATL United match I'd guess you were about status quo after 4 hours right? Man when I was in Europe I was amazed at how much those boys could throw down. Hope the ATL crowd represents. :beer2:

Thanks man! A good time was had by all :)

Picked up the current Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across the World 12 pack. This is the East Meets West IPA from Treehouse. 

Has all the characteristics of the NEIPA, but not the orange juice haze. Super creamy mouthfeel but with that tropical west coast flavor. 

3wBQoEf.jpg

Archived