10 Riddles Contest...

woods1110

1. A man takes a barrel that weighs 20 lbs. and puts something in it, it now weighs less than 20 lbs. What did he put in it?

2. There is a town in Texas where 5% of all the people living there have unlisted phone numbers. If you selected 100 names at random from the town's phone directory, on average, how many of these people would have unlisted phone numbers?

3. How many of each type of animal did Moses take on the ark?

4. What gets wetter the more it dries?

5. Take one out and scratch my head, I am now black but once was red. What am I?

6. The 22nd and the 24th president of the US had the same mother and the same father, but were not brothers. How is this possible?

7. Different lights do make me strange, thus into different sizes I will change. What am I?

8. I have holes on the top and bottom. I have holes on my left and my right. And I have holes in the middle, yet I still hold water. What am I?

9. Read the following sentence and count aloud the F's in the sentence. Important, count them only once and don't go back and count them again: Finished files are the result of years of scientific study combined with the experience of years.

10. See if you can translate the following: YYURYYUBICURYY4ME.

I will post the answers in the morning. The person with the most correct answers will get 2 "W The President" stickers.

6. The 22nd and the 24th president of the US had the same mother and the same father, but were not brothers. How is this possible?

Grover Cleveland, President twice but skipped a term.

4. What gets wetter the more it dries?

ICE

9. Read the following sentence and count aloud the F's in the sentence. Important, count them only once and don't go back and count them again: Finished files are the result of years of scientific study combined with the experience of years.

SIX

1) If it were a beer keg, and you drank some of it, you'd be adding air, and making it lighter?

1.  A man takes a barrel that weighs 20 lbs. and puts something in it, it now weighs less than 20 lbs. What did he put in it?

A Hole

2.  There is a town in Texas where 5% of all the people living there have unlisted phone numbers. If you selected 100 names at random from the town's phone directory, on average, how many of these people would have unlisted phone numbers?

3.  How many of each type of animal did Moses take on the ark?

Moses didn't build the ark, Noah did.

4.  What gets wetter the more it dries?

towel

5.  Take one out and scratch my head, I am now black but once was red. What am I?

match

6.  The 22nd and the 24th president of the US had the same mother and the same father, but were not brothers. How is this possible?

Same Person

7.  Different lights do make me strange, thus into different sizes I will change. What am I?

Shadow

8.  I have holes on the top and bottom. I have holes on my left and my right. And I have holes in the middle, yet I still hold water. What am I?

sponge

9.  Read the following sentence and count aloud the F's in the sentence. Important, count them only once and don't go back and count them again: Finished files are the result of years of scientific study combined with the experience of years.

10.  See if you can translate the following: YYURYYUBICURYY4ME.

Too wise you are. Too wise you be. I see you are too wise for me.

119749[/snapback]

Sorry man, I love riddles and have heard many. ;)

Try my favorite:

There was a green house.

Inside of the green house there is a white house.

Inside of the white house there is a red house.

Inside of the red house there are many babies.

1.  A man takes a barrel that weighs 20 lbs. and puts something in it, it now weighs less than 20 lbs. What did he put in it?

A Hole

2.  There is a town in Texas where 5% of all the people living there have unlisted phone numbers. If you selected 100 names at random from the town's phone directory, on average, how many of these people would have unlisted phone numbers?

Moses didn't build the ark, Noah did.

towel

5.  Take one out and scratch my head, I am now black but once was red. What am I?

match

6.  The 22nd and the 24th president of the US had the same mother and the same father, but were not brothers. How is this possible?

Same Person

7.  Different lights do make me strange, thus into different sizes I will change. What am I?

Shadow

8.  I have holes on the top and bottom. I have holes on my left and my right. And I have holes in the middle, yet I still hold water. What am I?

sponge

9.  Read the following sentence and count aloud the F's in the sentence. Important, count them only once and don't go back and count them again: Finished files are the result of years of scientific study combined with the experience of years.

Too wise you are. Too wise you be. I see you are too wise for me.

119749[/snapback]

Sorry man, I love riddles and have heard many. ;)

Try my favorite:

There was a green house.

Inside of the green house there is a white house.

Inside of the white house there is a red house.

Inside of the red house there are many babies.

119796[/snapback]

You are close! You only have one wrong answer!

A Hole.

None.  Their numbers are all listed.

None.

A towel.

A match.

They are the same person.

A pupil (in a eye).

A human.

Six.

?? you are, ?? you be, I see you are ?? for me.

I will post the answers in the morning.  The person with the most correct answers will get 2 "W The President" stickers.

119749[/snapback]

1. A man takes a barrel that weighs 20 lbs. and puts something in it, it now weighs less than 20 lbs. What did he put in it? A hole

2. There is a town in Texas where 5% of all the people living there have unlisted phone numbers. If you selected 100 names at random from the town's phone directory, on average, how many of these people would have unlisted phone numbers? zero

3. How many of each type of animal did Moses take on the ark? none

4. What gets wetter the more it dries? towel

5. Take one out and scratch my head, I am now black but once was red. What am I? match

6. The 22nd and the 24th president of the US had the same mother and the same father, but were not brothers. How is this possible? same person

7. Different lights do make me strange, thus into different sizes I will change. What am I? the pupil of someones eye

8. I have holes on the top and bottom. I have holes on my left and my right. And I have holes in the middle, yet I still hold water. What am I? sponge

10. See if you can translate the following: YYURYYUBICURYY4ME.

Too wise you are. Too wise you be. I see you are too wise for me

1.hole

2.none

3.none(noah)

4.towel

5.match

6.same dude

7.shadow

8.sponge

9. 1 (capital F)

10. too wise you are. too wise you be. I see you are too wise for me.

Ding, Ding, Ding....

We have a winner....Bustembigblue!

Coming in second we have Streyeder and Jenny! WTG!

Bustem...PM me with your address if you want these two stickers.

Archived