2013 3* CB Jonathan Cook

pado1974

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet once we get most of our current commits back on the wagon and our coaches can finish evaluating the rest of the players on our radar Cook and people like him get an offer (week or two?)

I bet once we get most of our current commits back on the wagon and our coaches can finish evaluating the rest of the players on our radar Cook and people like him get an offer (week or two?)

Agreed. Also this from Bone

@AndrewJBone

#AU commitment Jason Smith who is playing WR this week said#Neb commitment Jonathan Cook is hands down the best DB he's competed against.

I was surprised Derunnya Wilson got an offer now instead of later in the week when those evals would be finished. Maybe he is that good?

Saban offers after AllStar game today and he is now a bama commit...

Wish we had offered sooner...although, he is a lifelong turd fan.

The OP in this thread says he grew up an Auburn fan. He may be flipable.

I don't know about that...did you read his quote when he accepted the offer ?

"Alabama offered me and I committed to Coach Saban. This is the offer I've been waiting on my whole life. It's a dream come true to play for Alabama," said Cook.

For Cook, who was committed to Nebraska for five months, the Tide offer was too much to pass up.

"I love what the Alabama secondary does defensively. I feel like I fit in nicely overall with the former defensive backs they've had. I just want to thank God because I'm so blessed because this is a dream come true."

I don't think would read that and put him in the flappable category...

I don't know about that...did you read his quote when he accepted the offer ?

"Alabama offered me and I committed to Coach Saban. This is the offer I've been waiting on my whole life. It's a dream come true to play for Alabama," said Cook.

For Cook, who was committed to Nebraska for five months, the Tide offer was too much to pass up.

"I love what the Alabama secondary does defensively. I feel like I fit in nicely overall with the former defensive backs they've had. I just want to thank God because I'm so blessed because this is a dream come true."

I don't think would read that and put him in the flappable category...

Probably not flipable. I can't say that I blame him. The uat secondary is always outstanding under Saban.

He definitely grew up a SPUAT fan. Says so himself in an interview earlier this week.

He definitely grew up a SPUAT fan. Says so himself in an interview earlier this week.

i read he was a lifelong auburn fan quite a few months ago.pretty positive that's exactly what it said.i could see why he would want a offer from bama.i think we may have missed out on this one

i read he was a lifelong auburn fan quite a few months ago.pretty positive that's exactly what it said.i could see why he would want a offer from bama.i think we may have missed out on this one

Well, in the interview he clearly states that he grew up an Bammer fan and his entire family are Bammers. Only thing we potentially missed out on is offering him, getting a verbal, only to see Saban offer later and him switch.

Well, in the interview he clearly states that he grew up an Bammer fan and his entire family are Bammers. Only thing we potentially missed out on is offering him, getting a verbal, only to see Saban offer later and him switch.

thanks for clearing that up for me.if i come across the article i bring it here.

thanks for clearing that up for me.if i come across the article i bring it here.

Please do. I don't doubt that you read that. It actually wouldn't surprise me if it was written.

If we had offered months ago and he committed on the spot, like expected, it is not guaranteed that he would have flipped. There are a number of players that feel loyalty to their first offer, have convinced themselves so well on the decision or feel slighted by the lack of offer that don't flip.

If we had offered months ago and he committed on the spot, like expected, it is not guaranteed that he would have flipped. There are a number of players that feel loyalty to their first offer, have convinced themselves so well on the decision or feel slighted by the lack of offer that don't flip.

Wait a minute: He flipped from Nebraska. Had we offered and he committed to Auburn, the only difference would have been that Saban would have told him to wait until signing day to announce he was flipping, thus eliminating our chances of getting a quality replacement.

He never was going to sign with Nebraska is the point and everyone knew he was looking for an AU or UA offer.

Once you commit to a school like AU in the spring though and you don't know if you are going to get an Alabama offer, you start to convince yourself you made the right decision. You justify it to your friends and family and to yourself. He starts making friends with the recruits (who are in Alabama not nebraska) and build that bond.

So the feeling of slight of not getting an offer, the recruiting of himself as well as the relationships he would have built would hvae helped to keep him. Happens all the time.

One of my friends from another state, his dad, uncle and two brothers played at one school and he got an early offer and committed to the instate rival (afraid he wouldn't be offered). Stuck with his decision despite getting a late offer

He has proven results and they view it as "tough love"

People would love him if he was here not in Tuscaloosa

Have you met the collective AU fan base? We hate all of our coaches! ;) We hate Pat Dye because he got us put on probation. We hate Bowden because he couldn't recruit and he was too short. We hate Tubs because he went duck hunting, lost when he shouldnt have, and fed his assistants too much bbq. We hate Chiz cause he... well he kinda earned it with the worse AU team in 60 years :big: . We hate Gus because he was a high school coach and cant hire his staff fast enough. I'm sure we'd find a reason to hate Saban.

If Saban was here and winning, we would call his harsh attitude with his players "tough love" and his demeanor necessary for the "hard nosed" style of football we want to play. People talk about getting back to the tough football we used to play all the time on this board and others. They hate Saban because they gave it to Alabama. They refuse to accept someone who is going to give it to us because it would make us like "him"

Archived