JB Grimes hired as new OL coach

autigeremt

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No link because it's not up yet but it's a done deal.

Auburn hires J.B. Grimes to coach OL.

"J.B. is a tremendous coach who is one of the nation’s top teachers at the offensive line position,” Malzahn said. “He has an incredible resume coaching the position and has taught countless players at the NFL level. He played a vital role in our team’s success this past season and we’re fortunate to have him join our program at Auburn."

Auburn hires J.B. Grimes as offensive line coach

20:06

Charles Goldberg | cgoldberg@al.com

AUBURN, Alabama -- Gus Malzahn has hired his fourth assistant coach at Auburn, and he's someone he's familiar with.

J.B. Grimes is coming to Auburn as the offensive line coach after a 2012 season in which he coached with Malzahn at Arkansas State.

Grimes is a veteran of the SEC. He's coached at Mississippi State, Arkansas and Texas A&M, as well as Kansas, East Carolina, Virginia Tech and Louisiana Tech in 30 years as a college coach.

"J.B. is a tremendous coach who is one of the nation’s top teachers at the offensive line position,” Malzahn said. “He has an incredible resume coaching the position and has taught countless players at the NFL level. He played a vital role in our team’s success this past season and we’re fortunate to have him join our program at Auburn."

I wonder why it took Gus as long as it did if this guy was already on his staff? I suppose he was looking at all the options. Welcome to AU JBG!

I wonder why it took Gus as long as it did if this guy was already on his staff? I suppose he was looking at all the options. Welcome to AU JBG!

I hope he did but this was the easiest option. Maybe JB is up to the task.

wde

I feel "ok" about this hire. It isn't the most flashy hire, but it is not a bad hire. I would call this one safe. The dude has experience, IDK if he can recruit, but one would assume that he could see underrated talent from a mile off having coached at Delta State (D2 program for those wondering), Arkansas, MSU, VT, and other places. So I would label this one as safe, with potential to be great. Don't see a negative in this one.

Archived