2013 3* JUCO QB Nick Marshall signs with AU!

TIGERINATLANTA

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryan Matthews@BMatt247

Dominating athlete Nick Marshall commits to Auburn (Free/Mobile)http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Dominating-athlete-Nick-Marshall-commits-to-Auburn-111426 via @247Sports

Justin Hokanson@JHokanson

Nick Marshall goes from #UGA, to JUCO, to #Auburn: 'I'm excited to get another shot'. Marshall goes in-depth. http://bit.ly/13xsGSN @Rivals

EagleDamnWar@EagleDamnWar

Auburn made sure a certain recruit was okay with the commitment of JUCO QB Nick Marshall. I think he ends up on defensive side anyways.

Another tidbit from Jonesy

Lashlee thinks he's a perfect fit in Gus' system.

Let's just imagine that he does not win the starting postition.

I can't imagine that he will stay on the bench. Gus will find ways to put him on the field.

Excited about this one!!!

Awesome! Now how will our 4 qb situation work out?

It could be 5 with Frazier, Wallace, JJ, possibly Smith, possibly Marshall. Maybe we can finally get in the position to begin to redshirt QBs so they can fully develop. That sure would be nice.

I can't imagine that he will stay on the bench. Gus will find ways to put him on the field.

I think he will be given every opportunity to win the job at QB. As Jonesy pointed out his INT rate was high because they had no D so he had to make some bad throws he would not make normally just to catch or keep up. Their D gave over 40 1 time, over 50 2 times, over 60 once, and an obscene 84 points one time.

Who's the certain committment?

JJ

I would agree with us doing that (talking it over with him to see if he is ok with it) by the way. He is that important to this class and team. JJ knows that Marshall will be 2 classes ahead of him and 3 classes if JJ is able to take a RS. NM will be in the same class and in direct competition with KF.

Awesome! Now how will our 4 qb situation work out?

It could be 5, Frazier, Wallace, JJ, possibly Smith, possibly Marshall. Maybe we can finally get in the position to begin to redshirt QBs so they can fully develop. That would sure be nice.

Oops skipped Smith. It would be real nice to redshirt Wallace, JJ, and Smith. I think my real concern is with Frazier especially since he was recruited by Malzahn for his offense. And I still high hopes for Kiehl succeeding. I just hope Marshall (which I'm certain will do wonderful things during his stay at Auburn) doesn't completely shadow Kiehl. And Vice versa for that matter...

I think he will be given every opportunity to win the job at QB. As Jonesy pointed out his INT rate was high because they had no D so he had to make some bad throws he would not make normally just to catch or keep up. Their D gave over 40 1 time, over 50 2 times, over 60 once, and an obscene 84 points one time.

I saw him play twice in high school. He was not playing quality opponents but you could clearly see the athlete that he was.

One word of advice for Gus according to my son... Don't let Barbee see him playing hoops!!!

This commit is really making the trolls and tawds nervous, they have been all over the boards poo-pooing this commit.

Gives a warm feeling when the bammers don't like our coaches or recruits.......and the louder they cry, the better I like it.

Welcome to AU Nick.

This commit is really making the trolls and tawds nervous, they have been all over the boards poo-pooing this commit.

Gives a warm feeling when the bammers don't like our coaches or recruits.......and the louder they cry, the better I like it.

Welcome to AU Nick.

+1

Welcome to AU Nick.

Let's be real. They Poo Poo most of our commits.

I say if jj doesn't win the QB battle definitively then we redshirt him. It was nice giving Wallace playing time but the ship has already sunk and it didn't need a new captain. Wish he'd of redshirted although I loved the fight he showed.

I say if jj doesn't win the QB battle definitively then we redshirt him. It was nice giving Wallace playing time but the ship has already sunk and it didn't need a new captain. Wish he'd of redshirted although I loved the fight he showed.

I fully believe JJ will get redshirted. Rightfully so. I wouldnt count JW out yet I believe he will be on the field somewhere QB or not. He has to much fight in him. I also believe we redshirt JSmith.

I fully believe JJ will get redshirted. Rightfully so. I wouldnt count JW out yet I believe he will be on the field somewhere QB or not. He has to much fight in him. I also believe we redshirt JSmith.

QB was not an automatic for Smith....no reason not to move him to WR or something to get him on the field if he is good enough. JMO but JJ could use a year to physically develop and learn the O ...and be ready for a couple years (or more) at the helm.

As a QB, I believe NM is the insurance plan. CGM still believes in KF, he just needs others with the necessary skill-set. JW will be a very competent #2. JJ & JS will be there in absolute emergency situations if needed but I expect both will RS. NM can play any skill position and in the secondary on D. Some of this I have heard has been talked about and might as well be labeled as my opinion since we have NO WAY of knowing until at least Spring Game. The coaches are wondering the same things we are to an extent.

QB was not an automatic for Smith....no reason not to move him to WR or something to get him on the field if he is good enough. JMO but JJ could use a year to physically develop and learn the O ...and be ready for a couple years (or more) at the helm.

This would certainly be ideal.

Archived