2013 3* JUCO QB Nick Marshall signs with AU!

TIGERINATLANTA

there is a first for everything. however......... shame on him for setting goals that he would like to accomplish. it's not like he has seen another JUCO QB do those very things in CGMs offense the past couple of years. what's wrong with this young man?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea

3-star QB @NicMarshall7 said his goals at #Auburn are "Try to bring a national championship here, win the Heisman ...and that’s about it."

Crap. I hate when these young men set their goals so low.

I had a different take - I hate when they talk about it like that because Ive never seen a kid talk like that who actually did it.

Different sport but i would like to present

Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali

there is a first for everything. however......... shame on him for setting goals that he would like to accomplish. it's not like he has seen another JUCO QB do those very things in CGMs offense the past couple of years. what's wrong with this young man?

Did he also see that other JUCO QB who incidentally accomplished those very things making the same kind of public statements before he even stepped on the field at Auburn? I dont remember hearing much talk from that other JUCO QB.

cam newton said it :wareagle:

Really? I dont remember that which does not mean he didn't say it but I sure dont remember that. Maybe NM can follow in those great big foot prints

I've never seen someone so down on a kid wanting to bring a championship and a nother heisman to Auburn. Dang man your butt aint a hat. Those are big goals and I'm dang happy he is 100% to Auburn and sets his sights so high. If everyone on this team thought that way, we would be unstopable.

not sure what the big deal is. It should be every players goal to win a National Championship and a Heisman. The number one goal of a team and an individual competitor in his sport is to be the best.

I've never seen someone so down on a kid wanting to bring a championship and a nother heisman to Auburn. Dang man your butt aint a hat. Those are big goals and I'm dang happy he is 100% to Auburn and sets his sights so high. If everyone on this team thought that way, we would be unstopable.

Scratched my head over his response to Marshall's quote.

Me too, I posted a tweet where he said Feels great to be an Auburn Tiger and now ppl are downing the kid or are butthurt?? .......lost

Me too, I posted a tweet where he said Feels great to be an Auburn Tiger and now ppl are downing the kid or are butthurt?? .......lost

those types of comments usually come from unhappy/insecure people.

Did we all forget Gabe Wright and his "Nick Who?" hat???? I love the confidence, and would like to see all of our recruits set goals like this. War Eagle, Nick!!! Here's to hoping you can wear a "Cam Who?" hat one day!!!

So...what did you guys want him to say? a "I would like to win 6-7 games per season while I'm at Auburn and end up in Shreveport at the end of the season. War Eagle!" He was asked a question its not like he just came out and publicly said that just to say it. We are lucky somebody is saying such things after the disaster of a 3 win season that Auburn just endured. What? 3 win season? and you're talking about championships and heismans? We are extremely lucky that 2010 was only a few short years away and people (high school kids) still remember it and we can use it to our advantage.

You think Gus wasn't in his ear telling him "You can win a national championship and be the Heisman winner in this offense" in attempt to get him to come to Auburn??

So...what did you guys want him to say? a "I would like to win 6-7 games per season while I'm at Auburn and end up in Shreveport at the end of the season. War Eagle!" He was asked a question its not like he just came out and publicly said that just to say it. We are lucky somebody is saying such things after the disaster of a 3 win season that Auburn just endured. What? 3 win season? and you're talking about championships and heismans? We are extremely lucky that 2010 was only a few short years away and people (high school kids) still remember it and we can use it to our advantage.

You think Gus wasn't in his ear telling him "You can win a national championship and be the Heisman winner in this offense" in attempt to get him to come to Auburn??

'guys'? There is only one person questioning Marshall's NC and Heisman statement.

James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea

3-star QB @NicMarshall7 said his goals at #Auburn are "Try to bring a national championship here, win the Heisman ...and that’s about it."

Crap. I hate when these young men set their goals so low.

I had a different take - I hate when they talk about it like that because Ive never seen a kid talk like that who actually did it.

Well if you are going to be a bear, you might as well be a grizzly!

Talk doesn't make a grizzly...talk is cheap. Show me dont tell me!

Hate to bring bama in the mix, but AJ McCarron said he wanted to bring a MNC to bama and lo and behold, he's got 2 working on 3. So it does not hut to set your goals high. They are attainable!

Who is down on the kid? I asked a question..is that not OK in this forum? I guess the world of political correctness has gotten such a strong grip on people you cant even ask a question anymore. Im not down on anyone if you were referring to me. I simply said I'd rather see him do it than to read where he's talking about it. If that bothers you, thats your problem. Obviously, the kid is free to say whatever he feels but the kicker is so am I. I still do not recall ANY player for any team who came out before he even stepped on the field talking about the Heisman and NCs who actually did it. AJ got the NC and if he wins the Heisman nexte year he'll be the 1st I've ever seen do it in my life and Ive been following college football for a long time. of course Linnie Patrick said he wanted to win 4 Heismans at Alabama...that went well

Hide behind the I just wanted to ask a question card all you want. You're in the minority here. Its not hard to see that everyone thinks your comment on it is a joke. You may also be the only person in the world who cares if there was anyone who said they were going to win the national championship and the heisman. The fact is he came out and said he was going to TRY to do these things for Auburn. I dont give a rip if the guy pulls it off or not as long as he gives it his best shot. Like it or not that POSITIVE thinking is what players need and keeps them successful. I really hope no one picks up on your well no one has done it before so i'm just not going to set these goals.

Who is down on the kid? I asked a question..is that not OK in this forum? I guess the world of political correctness has gotten such a strong grip on people you cant even ask a question anymore. Im not down on anyone if you were referring to me. I simply said I'd rather see him do it than to read where he's talking about it. If that bothers you, thats your problem. Obviously, the kid is free to say whatever he feels but the kicker is so am I. I still do not recall ANY player for any team who came out before he even stepped on the field talking about the Heisman and NCs who actually did it. AJ got the NC and if he wins the Heisman nexte year he'll be the 1st I've ever seen do it in my life and Ive been following college football for a long time. of course Linnie Patrick said he wanted to win 4 Heismans at Alabama...that went well

Anybody remember when Ryan Perriloux said he was going to win 4 Heismans and 4 national championships at LSU before he got there? That joker was straight up crazy.

Back to Marshall, like the kid's confidence. He is very self assure without coming off as overly obnoxious or arrogant. I like his style. I can remember watching him lead Wilcox Co to a state championship in single A back in 2009. He was truly a man amoung boys out there. We'll see how everything translates once he gets in Auburn.

I don't see a post where someone said you can't ask a question. You are free to question anything you choose to. If you receive blowback on the question you ask, and the blowback bothers you, that is your problem.

I don't see a post where someone said you can't ask a question. You are free to question anything you choose to. If you receive blowback on the question you ask, and the blowback bothers you, that is your problem.

fair enough but I dont have a problem. I do find it interesting that Im being called insecure and unhappy simply because I made a statement and asked a question - thats pretty funny. I stand by what I asked and nobody thus far has been able to answer the question. I'd love to see him win the Heisman and thats what been conveniently lost in the translation. I see... I didn't jump on the sunshine pumping cheer leading band wagon so Im a bad guy with a problem? LOL I wish the kid nothing but the best, afterall, I am an Auburn fan but after last year Ive grown more than just a little weary of players' talk..sue me for that a'ight?

People, everyone calm down. Like it or not, the kid has goals and he stated them. At no point did he make it all about him nor did he put anyone down in his statement. Sometimes I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Archived