2013 3* JUCO QB Nick Marshall signs with AU!

TIGERINATLANTA

KF played sparingly for 6 months in Gus's system when he was the 3rd string true freshman QB who only ran.

See, that's the problem...he was a 5* QB and USA player of the year and could not get past Clint or Trotter, even with his sponsor, Gus, as the OC.

And then there was last year.....so now it's 2013 and there is just no reason to think that all of a sudden things will change. As I said, I'm pulling for him to do great....but I'm not betting on it.....and I don't think Gus is either.

I could be wrong but I think KF was a 4 Star QB coming out of HS. He did win USA Today Offensive Player of hte Year.

5* on Scout 4* on ESPN and Rivals

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KF played sparingly for 6 months in Gus's system when he was the 3rd string true freshman QB who only ran.

See, that's the problem...he was a 5* QB and USA player of the year and could not get past Clint or Trotter, even with his sponsor, Gus, as the OC.

And then there was last year.....so now it's 2013 and there is just no reason to think that all of a sudden things will change. As I said, I'm pulling for him to do great....but I'm not betting on it.....and I don't think Gus is either.

I could be wrong but I think KF was a 4 Star QB coming out of HS. He did win USA Today Offensive Player of hte Year.

5* on Scout 3* on ESPN and Rivals

E means 4 star on Espn and Rivals

5* on Scout 3* on ESPN and Rivals

E means 4 star on Espn and Rivals

Yup. Fixed

It appears a great many assume it's Marshall who'll be asked to play elsewhere... great athlete that he is?

believe/think/stated

So why not the other way around... great athlete that Kiehl is ?

Just for the fun of it, I went back a few years and found this:

" So I'm really confused as to why we would even sign a QB in this class? Granted Cameron Newton has all the measurables and athleticism, I just didn't see him as an SEC QB? Yeah he can run over and around people, but what about his passing and pre-snap reads? From what film I saw of him, he basically either ran the option or ran around the pocket and flung it up for grabs. (Backyard Ball); Didn't we see this already when Kodi was our QB? Now we have Neil Caudle - SR (backup), Barret Trotter - RS ST (umm don't know much about him), Tyrik Rollison - RS F (who supposed to be the next Pat White), and Clint Moseley - RS F (Kid won numerous state titles, and has turned heads on the practice fields). Now in 2010, we have couple outstanding QB's looking towards us in Kiehl Frazier, and his name escapes me at the moment, but he's a lifelong Auburn fan from Gainesville Florida, and he's supposed to be the next Tebow. With that being said, why risk "dividing the team" with another hot-shot QB? (who's really just an athlete playing QB) Guys I just don't see the need for it. We have other HOLES to fill, mainly on DL."

In order to protect the guilty, I will not include the poster's name with the quote. Just for the record, it wasn't Mikey.

" So I'm really confused as to why we would even sign a QB in this class? Granted Cameron Newton has all the measurables and athleticism, I just didn't see him as an SEC QB? Yeah he can run over and around people, but what about his passing and pre-snap reads? From what film I saw of him, he basically either ran the option or ran around the pocket and flung it up for grabs. (Backyard Ball); Didn't we see this already when Kodi was our QB? Now we have Neil Caudle - SR (backup), Barret Trotter - RS ST (umm don't know much about him), Tyrik Rollison - RS F (who supposed to be the next Pat White), and Clint Moseley - RS F (Kid won numerous state titles, and has turned heads on the practice fields). Now in 2010, we have couple outstanding QB's looking towards us in Kiehl Frazier, and his name escapes me at the moment, but he's a lifelong Auburn fan from Gainesville Florida, and he's supposed to be the next Tebow. With that being said, why risk "dividing the team" with another hot-shot QB? (who's really just an athlete playing QB) Guys I just don't see the need for it. We have other HOLES to fill, mainly on DL."

In order to protect the guilty, I will not include the poster's name with the quote. Just for the record, it wasn't Mikey.

The HOLE he was talking about filling must have been his mouth when he shoved his foot way in that sucker after a few weeks into the season.

Wasn't me...no Saved By the Bell references....and total disregard for the magic that a well timed ellipsis can add to a post....seriously, it's like message board magic sauce...

I dont expect KF to win the job. If he does I'll be as happy for the kid as is humanly possible but thus far his play has been anything but serviceable and a long way from being on a level that could be counted on to help win. I hope if he does win the job Gus or someone will coach out of him his look of panic and fear. I never got a good feeling about his play whenever the cameras panned to him during the game. Instead of competitive fire, I saw a kid that looked overwhelmed and timid and that wont ever be good enough to win in the SEC.

How'd you find it? I don't even think searching the thread goes back that far.

Goes back quite a few years and they don't make it easy but there is a search function at the top of the page...I was looking for something on KF when he was being recruited and just lucked onto the post telling us what to expect from Cam. There were some close seconds predicting that various other recruits were going to rule the SEC...guys who signed and then never even got on the field.

There is some great stuff from the fall of 2011 before the season started...and most of it is best left in the archives to protect the credibility of some folks on this board.

i though tyrik rollison looked like he was a better passer than any of what i saw from cam's film. cam was a hard worker and a smart man once he decided to grow up and be a man. i didnt know who nick marshall was untill he committed but we do have a few parallels to keep in mind. this is the first time in a while that i had no prediction or preference in who our starting qb is. however i do feel much better that the decision is gus' to make. i dont know how involved or overriding chizik was in regards to those decisions but i think gus is better fit to do this. and most anything else i hope.

James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea

3-star QB @NicMarshall7 said his goals at #Auburn are "Try to bring a national championship here, win the Heisman ...and that’s about it."

Crap. I hate when these young men set their goals so low.

I had a different take - I hate when they talk about it like that because Ive never seen a kid talk like that who actually did it.

3-star QB @NicMarshall7 said his goals at #Auburn are "Try to bring a national championship here, win the Heisman ...and that’s about it."

I had a different take - I hate when they talk about it like that because Ive never seen a kid talk like that who actually did it.

Well if you are going to be a bear, you might as well be a grizzly!

Talk doesn't make a grizzly...talk is cheap. Show me dont tell me!

Ok. Whatever you say.

Operative word was "try" ..I want him to try and win a national title, hopefully the entire team shares this sentiment...he did not make a prediction or ultimatum of winning anything ...

o said

Ok. Whatever you say.

I didn't realize we were having a competition but you tell me...who is the last player who made a public statement that those was his goals and actually accomplished either? Maybe there is one, i dont just dont remember his name.

What's wrong with having goals? As long as he is willing to put in the work I support him

Nothing at all wrong with goal setting, I was just asking a question. Do you know the answer?

What's wrong with having goals? As long as he is willing to put in the work I support him

Nothing at all wrong with goal setting, I was just asking a question. Do you know the answer?

Sure don't

Sure don't

OK, well..maybe he'll be the first :jossun:

Archived