2013 4* JUCO DT Toby Johnson (Georgia signee)

auburnhort03

He

Hearing that Toby may require surgery and a redshirt year. If so, the question becomes whether we sign him or keep the scholly for an early signee next year. JUCO's are supposed to provide immediate help.

He has already had the knee surgery and in the rehab phase.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He

Hearing that Toby may require surgery and a redshirt year. If so, the question becomes whether we sign him or keep the scholly for an early signee next year. JUCO's are supposed to provide immediate help.

He has already had the knee surgery and in the rehab phase.

Wasn't it ACL surgery?

Miss St is in the lead. They likely can sign him with his grades. It's unlikely he can be admitted into Auburn.

I'm perfectly happy with saving these 4 open spots for next year's class. And I still believe that DT is the strength of our team with the right coaching. We still have....

Whitaker SR

Carter SR

Wright JR

Blackson JR

Bradley JR

Sigler JR

Niles SO

Nero RFR

Adams FR

Miss St is in the lead. They likely can sign him with his grades. It's unlikely he can be admitted into Auburn.

Bummer...

Bummer...

Bummer...

Toby has already had his knee surgery.

Scout.com: Knee surgery goes better than expected for Toby ...

mbd.scout.com › ForumsThe Red Zone

9 posts - 5 authors - Dec 3, 2012

It was only a complete tear of his MCL and a partial of his ACL as opposed to both being torn for Toby Johnson. Johnson had surgery to repair ...

Scout.com: Toby Johnson Profile

recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6105202

Toby Johnson talks about his visit to see the Auburn Tigers -by autigers.com Feb 3, 2013 ... Knee surgery goes better than expected. Not a full ACL tear, back to ...

If not signed, only chance of Top 10 class unanimously.

We could sign several guys that won't qualify, thus boosting the class rankings. Then when they don't qualify academically we've forfeited their scholarships. I think having three more scholarships available for early enrolees next year is more important than bumping recruiting rankings.

The rules have changed since Tuberville, Shula and Nutt were signing 35 a year with no consequences. These days signing non-qualifiers hurts your program. Back then it didn't matter.

We could sign several guys-or,at least,Derrick Griffin-and make sure he qualifies. No better solution exists.

If not signed, only chance of Top 10 class unanimously.

We could sign several guys that won't qualify, thus boosting the class rankings. Then when they don't qualify academically we've forfeited their scholarships. I think having three more scholarships available for early enrolees next year is more important than bumping recruiting rankings.

The rules have changed since Tuberville, Shula and Nutt were signing 35 a year with no consequences. These days signing non-qualifiers hurts your program. Back then it didn't matter.

My thoughts exactly.. I would be ok saving a couple of spots for JUCO players we might need next year..

Is the jury still out on whether T. Johnson can fully recover from his surgery? If he cannot go full speed, would he consider red shirting in '13 so that he could be fully healed. I doubt a player with NFL aspirations would want to wait year for a pay day, but I think it is an intriguing idea.

Is the jury still out on whether T. Johnson can fully recover from his surgery? If he cannot go full speed, would he consider red shirting in '13 so that he could be fully healed. I doubt a player with NFL aspirations would want to wait year for a pay day, but I think it is an intriguing idea.

Not an issue for Auburn. Likely will not qualify due to grades.

I know we don't like to talk tweeting but what's up with this?

me and @IamAmbition98 about to get this money once again http://t.co/lbyu6pbc

That was a tweet from Toby tonight.... And the link was them two holding an auburn jersey during his OV..

May have been retweeted tonight but was originally tweeted during his OV

I know we don't like to talk tweeting but what's up with this?

me and @IamAmbition98 about to get this money once again http://t.co/lbyu6pbc

That was a tweet from Toby tonight.... And the link was them two holding an auburn jersey during his OV..

They get paid mileage and other expense money for taking an official visit. Toby will get another dose of money when he visits MSU.

He is tweeting that he has 4 written offers he can sign. OU, AU, MSU and GA. He shows the pictures of the offers. The money thing is reference to going pro. That is what he is working for.

Since he wants to go pro one day, Toby needs to sign with Auburn. We send MORE players to the pros than any other SEC and big 12 school.

Since he wants to go pro one day, Toby needs to sign with Auburn. We send MORE players to the pros than any other SEC and big 12 school.

You know that is an entirely false statement, right?

Archived