2013 4* JUCO DT Toby Johnson (Georgia signee)

auburnhort03

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Toby was supposed to make his decision yesterday. Does anyone know just when he will make his decision?

Feb 19

Toby Johnson ‏@Future020113SEC

I will be signing one of these LOI on the 19th so everybody please come show your support #OU #MissState #AU and #UGA

I thought Toby was supposed to make his decision yesterday. Does anyone know just when he will make his decision?

Feb 19

I will be signing one of these LOI on the 19th so everybody please come show your support #OU #MissState #AU and #UGA

Well I hope he picks the Orange and Blue!

Feb 19

This guy is ridiculous.

Seems he would want to play with his JUCO teammates

Assuming they got along well during their JUCO time together. I hope they did, and would be happy if those teammates talk him into joining them at AU.

This guy is ridiculous.

Seriously thinking about starting a Twitter account. #notanauburnman

Assuming they got along well during their JUCO time together. I hope they did, and would be happy if those teammates talk him into joining them at AU.

Y'all are aware that he has grade issues that may keep him out of Auburn? It's been mentioned up-thread, I think in more than one place.

Y'all are aware that he has grade issues that may keep him out of Auburn? It's been mentioned up-thread, I think in more than one place.

It was also mentioned in the AJC article that UGA wasn't recruiting him because of grades at one point, but now the issue is resolved according to Johnson. TIFWIW

Since he wants to go pro one day, Toby needs to sign with Auburn. We send MORE players to the pros than any other SEC and big 12 school.

You know that is an entirely false statement, right?

Of course he doesn't. The actual stats are hard to read through his orange and blue glasses.

Since he wants to go pro one day, Toby needs to sign with Auburn. We send MORE players to the pros than any other SEC and big 12 school.

You know that is an entirely false statement, right?

Of course he doesn't. The actual stats are hard to read through his orange and blue glasses.

He's inaccurate but Auburn historically and regularly...with very few down periods like right now...sends a buttload of players to the NFL. In 2005 we had 4 Auburn guys taken top 11 of the 1st round, Cam first overall selection 2 yrs ago, etc etc. The Auburn-NFL pipeline is a non-argument, we just happen to live across the state from what right now is one of the top NFL pipelines. fwiw, NFL teams frequently say they factor in how much a player is beaten & battered in college which rarely works in favor of players coming out of any SEC school. (You missed Walter Payton: Jackson State & Terry Bradshaw: La Tech in the college yawners to NFL legends list).

Toby is a wonderful young man-talented and humble and a role model for America's youth. Hope he signs with the good guys!

Anything else?

Not that is not premium. I will say 1 insider thinks we lead slightly while I am sticking to him picking Miss St.

BM is thinking he's coming to Auburn according to sportscall. He was at the athletic complex all afternoon so I'm he has a reson to feel confident.

BM is thinking he's coming to Auburn according to sportscall. He was at the athletic complex all afternoon so I'm he has a reson to feel confident.

Toby Johnson was at the athletic complex??

Sorry, BM was. They were teasing on the radio that he had probably spoken with the coaches and that was probably the reason for his optimism.

We have the scholarship to give, but I can't get too excited about another jr. DT. He will join fellow juniors Wright and Blackson, have seniors Carter and Whitaker ahead of him and Sophs. Bradley, Sigler and Niles plus RS frosh Nero behind him. Then there's true frosh Adams coming in. That's already nine DT's and this guy would be the 10th DT and third junior.

I can't see the need.

Archived