Men vs. Ole Miss Game Thread

WarTiger

Oh well, on to UGA, who beat aTm on the road today, then to Missouri, then uat at home and then up to UK. That's going to be a very, very tough stretch for AU to try to break this 4 game skid. Don't really see a win until Arky comes to town. That should be a winnable game.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SEC needs to see the video of Henderson at the end of the game. Complete lack of class and totally uncalled for.

well his coach does not have the highest standards for acting

The SEC needs to see the video of Henderson at the end of the game. Complete lack of class and totally uncalled for.

Eh, he took crap all game from the student section. They won a tight game in a loud venue. Just blowing off some steam. If you don't want him doing that, don't give him 2 FTs with 6 sec left in a tie game.

It does get old losing especially at home

Yup, can't belly ache about people not coming to games if you can't win.

I would have to say that the people who paid to see this game tonight got their money's worth (save a victory)

Maybe, but you have 3000 people walking out with another head-scratching loss.

We are getting better.

Certainly now competitive and fun to watch.

Got to give Barbee time.

We're going the right direction

You're right. It's only going up from here. People need to have patience, and quit blaming Barbee. He had the guts to walk into a program that was left in total disarray, and he's done a terrific job so far. He started out with almost nothing, and he's made something out of it. Instead of the constant criticism, fans should be thankful he even took AU on, because it was in an ugly mess.

Aggravating. Took the coaches to long to recognize the offensive issues that allowed Ole Miss to come back and take lead. I don't understand the end game decision and why we didn't take it to the basket on last play work for foul or basket.

We have some SEC talent with the young guys. Might as well play them there is nothing to lose at this point. Guys played hard tonight you could tell they wanted to win this one to make up for the UK game. Always sucks to lose games at home.

I hope CTB has his eye on a SEC level recruit (which isn't saying much) for point guard because this dribble drive offense needs some fire power and athletic play makers at both guard spots to work. Kind of indefensible that he doesn't have one this year.

We are getting better.

Got to give Barbee time.

You're right. It's only going up from here. People need to have patience, and quit blaming Barbee. He had the guts to walk into a program that was left in total disarray, and he's done a terrific job so far. He started out with almost nothing, and he's made something out of it. Instead of the constant criticism, fans should be thankful he even took AU on, because it was in an ugly mess.

3 years and AU isn't much better than when Lebo left it. I'm tired of the coaching carousel so I don't want Barbee canned, but he's only sustained AU basketball over the last 3 years, it hasn't improved.

Not sure which assinine thing Henderson did tonight you're talking about, but AFTER all of his taunting type motions toward the AU fans, on his way out tonight he turned around and did a double bird flipping off the crowd. Wonder what his classy coach would think of that?!? What an asshat!

Not sure which assinine thing Henderson did tonight you're talking about, but AFTER all of his taunting type motions toward the AU fans, on his way out tonight he turned around and did a double bird flipping off the crowd. Wonder what his classy coach would think of that?!? What an asshat!

she my previous post about his so called classy coach

Eh, he took crap all game from the student section. They won a tight game in a loud venue. Just blowing off some steam. If you don't want him doing that, don't give him 2 FTs with 6 sec left in a tie game.

That's what the student section is supposed to do. He needs to man up and take it. You don't go to the home student section and give them double birds and then show off the name on the jersey. Classless.

That's what the student section is supposed to do. He needs to man up and take it. You don't go to the home student section and give them double birds and then show off the name on the jersey. Classless.

Agreed. But don't grab the guy with 6 seconds left in a tie game so he can go to the free throw line and beat you either. Stupid.

We are getting better.

Got to give Barbee time.

I get what your saying Belle, and I don't disagree with it, but we seem to be encroaching on the Cubs "next year is the year!" mantra. Fact is, in the "W" column, we're still not very different than the Lebo teams and that's what has a lot of fans frustrated or simply uninterested in the basketball program. I always support the team, but man it's tough sometimes. Ha! :)

Ok, lets look at it this way, we have a mack daddy arena and an awful team and lame duck coach. People are showing up but probably not anymore. We have no reason to keep Barbee one more game much less one more year. He has had enough time and has done nothing. He was a pain in the neck signing his contract. He is recruiting everyone UA doesn't want in state and the also rans elsewhere (i.e. no worries if we loose the entire recruiting class). This is the same thing that happened in football in 2012. The only difference is Chizik had a real recruiting class to back him up as a reason not to fire him. Barbee does not. His highest rated player is J. Johnson that will never see the BB court, as he will be our starting QB. Let a lame duck die.

Ok, lets look at it this way, we have a mack daddy arena and an awful team and lame duck coach. People are showing up but probably not anymore. We have no reason to keep Barbee one more game much less one more year. He has had enough time and has done nothing. He was a pain in the neck signing his contract. He is recruiting everyone UA doesn't want in state and the also rans elsewhere (i.e. no worries if we loose the entire recruiting class). This is the same thing that happened in football in 2012. The only difference is Chizik had a real recruiting class to back him up as a reason not to fire him. Barbee does not. His highest rated player is J. Johnson that will never see the BB court, as he will be our starting QB. Let a lame duck die.

I have been trying to think of what to say and this sums is up. Bad play calling is killing us.

Sorry fellows but CTB will get at least one more year because of that contract. He is not as horrible coach as you think, however JJ picked the wrong guy (shocker) for Auburn. CTB style of play on offense depends on having some really good athletes, especially if your going to play as bad on defense as his teams have. There is a lot of reasons why getting those type of players at AU has been near impossible and will continue to be a challenge. I love to watch Butler because they are very aggressive on defense and their incredible diversity of plays on offense has a rhythm that makes their roster of 2 and 3 star players into a top 10 club. They foul a lot and run people all over the court including the bigs with double screens, reverse screens, pick and role etc. They are just a joy to watch. And IMO that is the type of coach AU needs. I think they thought that was the type of coach Lebo was when they hired him but UNC offense is nothing special and a bit of dud without all those top 150 guys.

Agreed. But don't grab the guy with 6 seconds left in a tie game so he can go to the free throw line and beat you either. Stupid.

Was a flop IMO. I thought it was pretty clear.

I couldn't tell if it was a flop or not since I was on the other side of the arena, BUT if it was, it would have been consistent with his play the rest of the night. I remember saying to my friend sitting with me after he had flopped to the court several times previously that he was angling for an Academy Award! Oh well, with the pathetic officials tonight (and it seems like every night!) it was successful and won them the game. :angry:

Are you kidding me? Barbee has turned this bunch into a competitive team. The situation he walked into was 10 times worse than what Lebo or any other coach has walked into. Heck, we lost to Columbus in Barbee's first year. When Shaq, Greene and Price all mature, we will be a very good basketball team. And to say that we aren't recruiting well is factually incorrect. We had a top 3 or 4 class in the SEC last year. We are on the rise. Jeremy Johnson isn't anywhere close to being the best basketball player coming in. Yes he is good, however. In Barbee's three years, all of his classes have been higher rated than Lebo's. And to say we should fire him...That will just put the program even farther behind. The only recruit we have lost to Bama has been Lacy. He has only had three years. He is still playing with Lebo's players. Let Barbee's players get experienced before you start calling for his head. Your type of attitude is the exact opposite of what we need to start becoming a real contender like in the 80's.

Wasn't even close to a flop. Shaq clearly and definitely fouled him when he didn't have too.

Are you kidding me? Barbee has turned this bunch into a competitive team. The situation he walked into was 10 times worse than what Lebo or any other coach has walked into. Heck, we lost to Columbus in Barbee's first year. When Shaq, Greene and Price all mature, we will be a very good basketball team. And to say that we aren't recruiting well is factually incorrect. We had a top 3 or 4 class in the SEC last year. We are on the rise. Jeremy Johnson isn't anywhere close to being the best basketball player coming in. Yes he is good, however. In Barbee's three years, all of his classes have been higher rated than Lebo's. And to say we should fire him...That will just put the program even farther behind. The only recruit we have lost to Bama has been Lacy. He has only had three years. He is still playing with Lebo's players. Let Barbee's players get experienced before you start calling for his head. Your type of attitude is the exact opposite of what we need to start becoming a real contender like in the 80's.

What makes you think JJ is going to play basketball?

And at what point to the attitudes of fans play a role in the basketball team becoming competitive?

Archived