4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these guys are gone. how is this even a debate.

Calloway may not be gone. All he did was use the debit card that Williams gave him in a vending machine.

these guys are gone. how is this even a debate.

Calloway may not be gone. All he did was use the debit card that Williams gave him in a vending machine.

if he admited he knew where it came from, then he has to go. 2nd time in cuffs. but they might be afraid to get on his bad side.

Williams sings like a bird. He gave the others up real quick. If he has any knowledge of irregular 'crutin violations, he might cough it up when he needs money. When they find out that there will be no NFL, they will talk for money.

I hope you are right farmer, the rare song of the Gumpton Canary is quite beautiful. I've only heard it a couple or three times in my life, but it was the most wonderful sound I have ever heard. :hearts:

Williams sings like a bird. He gave the others up real quick. If he has any knowledge of irregular 'crutin violations, he might cough it up when he needs money. When they find out that there will be no NFL, they will talk for money.

Williams or one of the others might talk more to expose more illegal activities by players at UAT, but I don't think an elected DA in Tuscaloosa county will want to bring too much stuff out that would bring down that program. Who would ever vote for him or her again?

I don't know if this has been pointed out, but the actions taken by these 4 (yes, even Calloway) violates the UA Student Code of Conduct, and the penalty for that violation is expulsion from the university.

So in reality, this should not just be a "football" issue, but a UNIVERSITY issue. If any other student had done what these 4 did, they would be expelled. Let's sit back and see if UA follows its on policies or makes exceptions for "football stars".

I don't know if this has been pointed out, but the actions taken by these 4 (yes, even Calloway) violates the UA Student Code of Conduct, and the penalty for that violation is expulsion from the university.

So in reality, this should not just be a "football" issue, but a UNIVERSITY issue. If any other student had done what these 4 did, they would be expelled. Let's sit back and see if UA follows its on policies or makes exceptions for "football stars".

I'm sure that's never happened anywhere else....and certainly not at Auburn. .....and since we are not talking about AU, why are so many AU people wrapped up in this drama across the state ? :-\

I'm sure that's never happened anywhere else....and certainly not at Auburn. .....and since we are not talking about AU, why are so many AU people wrapped up in this drama across the state ? :-\

Probably because when it did happen at AU a few years ago, the Bammers were relentless in calling AU "Thug U" and other less-than complimentary names. They held themselves to a higher standard than anyone else---AU and the rest of the NCAA---but now that the shoe's on the other foot, we're just reminding them that this can happen anywhere, and no one---absolutely NO ONE, is immune to this type of crap at their sainted university.

If any of the 4 have anything to hide it would be Calloway and his account of the 3 days before signing day. I doubt the coaches make public all of the deals - and more often than not it involves the parents more than the players. What can they say? My momma got money and I dont know where from? Some guy shook my hand with a $100 bill and I dont know his name? I wouldnt hold my breath on any of this bringing down Vance's outhouse. Pleasant thought - Sure is!

How many bammers do you think read this forum? I dare say that less than 1/5th of the football fans on this board are bammers therefore it is not worth the effort IMO. Most here do it because it makes them feel better. If they wanted to do it for the bammers they would be on a bammer board making their post.

If any of the 4 have anything to hide it would be Calloway and his account of the 3 days before signing day. I doubt the coaches make public all of the deals - and more often than not it involves the parents more than the players. What can they say? My momma got money and I dont know where from? Some guy shook my hand with a $100 bill and I dont know his name? I wouldnt hold my breath on any of this bringing down Vance's outhouse. Pleasant thought - Sure is!

How credible would they be if they did sing? They are nothing more than street thugs - they aren't high character indivduals. They targeted two fellow students, beat at least one of them unconscience, stole his ACT card and went on about it like nothing happened and ventured on over to a freakin vending machine for snacks. One of them had already been in trouble with the law for toting an unregistered pistol in his pocket at a gas station less than 24 hrs prior to beating up a student & robbing him. They are street thugs - why would anyone take anything they say as the truth? Seriously, they can "say" anything they want, but why would you believe someone with a felony on their record?

The reason saban hasn't kicked these guys off on the team is because this is his way of showing everybody that HE controls everything within his program, and he will not be told what to do by anybody. The sad thing is, is that these players are being shown that if you are a player at UA, YOU are more important than anyone that walks that campus, and you can do whatever you want to. Because even the university president won't demand that your coach kick you off the team.

Some of you on this board will whine about "Why do y'all care so much about that team?" Boo hoo hoo, keep whining. But this sets a precedent for the other players that says, "We can do what we want and none of y'all, even the university won't do anything about it!"

If this is happening to innocent students, it's only a matter of time before it starts happening to professors that dare hold football players to a certain academic standard.

The reason saban hasn't kicked these guys off on the team is because this is his way of showing everybody that HE controls everything within his program, and he will not be told what to do by anybody. The sad thing is, is that these players are being shown that if you are a player at UA, YOU are more important than anyone that walks that campus, and you can do whatever you want to. Because even the university president won't demand that your coach kick you off the team.

Some of you on this board will whine about "Why do y'all care so much about that team?" Boo hoo hoo, keep whining. But this sets a precedent for the other players that says, "We can do what we want and none of y'all, even the university won't do anything about it!"

If this is happening to innocent students, it's only a matter of time before it starts happening to professors that dare hold football players to a certain academic standard.

The last thing NS will do is feed the media/public, it doesn't matter how loud they yell & scream for him to make a statement, he'll sit back and let them marinate in their angst and he'll laugh about it.

The last thing NS will do is feed the media/public, it doesn't matter how loud they yell & scream for him to make a statement, he'll sit back and let them marinate in their angst and he'll laugh about it.

Yep.

How many bammers do you think read this forum? I dare say that less than 1/5th of the football fans on this board are bammers therefore it is not worth the effort IMO. Most here do it because it makes them feel better. If they wanted to do it for the bammers they would be on a bammer board making their post.

AMEN....or they could get on al.com where the bammers hang out.

Need to be careful about that. The evidence in this is overwhelming, but remember what happen to Duke and their men's lacrosse team and coach.

http://en.wikipedia...._lacrosse_case.

If Saban kicks these characters off the team, more than likely they just quit school. UAT could also get a court order banning them from campus.

difference here is a couple have already confessed ...

Wait...sooooo....

When you got 4 players arrested for armed robbery, you wouldn't have been more relieved to see that it wasn't Cam Newton, Nick Fairley, Darvin Adams, and Michael Dyer - instead of the 4 guys who actually did it?

Give me a break. If you say your reaction would have been exactly the same, and that you worry about ALL the kids equally, you're lying.

NOBODY wants kids on their team to get arrested. EVERYONE is relieved when they see it's some bench warmer who got in trouble as opposed to their starting QB. So please drop the pious nonsense.

The point you are missing is this: contributors or not...WHY WERE THEY NOT PROMPTLY DISMISSED from your program, if Alabama's football program is the paragon of discipline? Obviously YOUR COACH thinks they're enough "contributors" to neglect to do what he should be doing in the aftermath of their choices. HIS choices have become the hot topic, not theirs. Had your coach responded as ours did in a nearly identical situation, you would not be in the media mess and appropriate public outcry you're enjoying now.

The fact they have not been sent packing by the school itself is disgusting.

My guess is the school will send them packing, but it will take more than a day or two. Probably some sort of "university court" will have to convene and make the call.

I thought that NS indefinitely suspended all of these players pending the investigation.

"Indefinitely suspended" does not equal "permanent dismissal." Or immediate dismissal, in the case of Coach Chizik's decision. Important difference...the reason for the continued outcry.

Archived