2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

I think DCA just nailed it. I am an electrical contractor and I have business daily with EE's everyday! Geniuses mostly, but if they never worked on a construction site we might as well be speaking separate languages! Same principles at work here, just because he makes all A's doesn't mean much. Most would argue that Reuben Foster wasn't that intelligent (and he may not be), but I bet Football makes sense to him unlike Calculous, which makes sense to very few. In fact I have a theory that says that no one understands it, but some pretend it does and they have a little club.
Calculus is easy, dunno about calculous?? :poke:/> Don't make fun of engineers, unless they went to Ga Tech or La Tech. :)/>
Valley knows what his talking about. Bunch of pocket protectors

:clap:

On that note, aren't you glad we are not Alabama Tech??? Then we would all be labled as smart though even though we have Golf as proof that we clearly are not...

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to Casher (You're welcome, El). I'm afraid this young man has fouled his mess kit. He, obviously, doesn't have a wide open door for returning, and Bama seems to have moved on.

If we let him dangle it sends a message to all recruits that we consider a commitment to be just that, a commitment. We've obviously started a search for alternative centers, and we also know more about Casher than when we first committed him. If we take him back now our friends at Bama would chide us about only getting him because they didn't want him, and I'm not sure they'd be wrong. I think Josh may either leave the state or spend a long time in the sweat box, and I think it will be the former. I, for one, don't want Alabama's cast off's. (Someone insert a response here that he didn't really leave us hoping for a Bama offer even though he had just visited them - I'm not buying it).

I don't know his situation so I won't say too much. But I agree I do not want anyone at AU that is here just because they couldn't get an bama offer.

If he wants to recommit after some visits and get on learning the things he needs to get ready for this offense, bring him on board. I'm happy with anything this staff wants to do in this situation. I'm not ok with him still visiting bammer if he recommits because most of all I think staff will not play games with the devil but honestly, let the coaches and team judge if he is "the type" of person they want here at Auburn.

If he wants to recommit after some visits and get on learning the things he needs to get ready for this offense, bring him on board. I'm happy with anything this staff wants to do in this situation. I'm not ok with him still visiting bammer if he recommits because most of all I think staff will not play games with the devil but honestly, let the coaches and team judge if he is "the type" of person they want here at Auburn.

This is the healthy perspective to have.

As posters we always seem to forget these are young kids. All I have read about this kid is that he is a nice smart kid. He went to bama and got caught up in the hoopla. He uncommitted to us probably he had been convinced he was the next great O-lineman at bama which would lead directly to the pros. He is now in the midst of a reality check as he is starting to see that a few untruth's may have been told to him at Tuscaloser.

Our staff is probaly still looking at him plus others. They are humans and don't want to give a commitable offer again until they feel he is in a state that he will allow him to be honest with us and himself that this is where he wants to go. If staff decides he is talented enough and he really wants to go to Auburn he will get another offer. If not he won't.

This staff is smart enough to understand the pressure that young kids are under and usually they can differentiate between a PLAYER and a kid who got confused and then eventually came to his senses.

nothing bugs me more than people saying "if hes not 100% auburn we dont want him" and anything else along these lines. before you go around judging kids put yourself in their shoes. Cash's recruitment blew up out of no where and hes only 17 years old, he got confused and didnt know what to do. in my opinion he did the right thing, after his recruitment blew up and everything got crazy for him he didnt know if he still wanted to go to auburn so he told the coaches that and decommitted instead of staying committed and flipping on signing day or something like that. for those of you who think he doesnt have a "firm" offer to auburn he does, no two questions about it. also its fans like yall who hate on these kids for decommitting that makes them feel uncomfortable to come back for visits. He said he isnt sure if he will come back and visit for the iron bowl like he had planned because he doesnt know how the fans will treat him. so congratulations yall are scaring off kids for being irrational and letting recruiting hurt your personal sense of pride way to much. i know Cash so i will talk to him at some point and tell him he needs to visit and that he will still be welcomed at auburn by the fans but i never lie to my friends so im not going to tell him that unless i feel that way so yall need to pull your panties up and start acting like the men yall are. never forget these are 16,17 and 18 year olds we are talking about. what life altering decisions were you making where you had hundreds of peoples trying to get you to do what they want you to do when you were that age? none.

So what you are telling me is that the posts on this forum are making that kind of difference? Cause chances are (unless some people are really that serious) people are not driving to his house and telling him what they think of his decommitment. But if posts on a forum make that big of a difference, maybe I should post more.

nothing bugs me more than people saying "if hes not 100% auburn we dont want him" and anything else along these lines. before you go around judging kids put yourself in their shoes. Cash's recruitment blew up out of no where and hes only 17 years old, he got confused and didnt know what to do. in my opinion he did the right thing, after his recruitment blew up and everything got crazy for him he didnt know if he still wanted to go to auburn so he told the coaches that and decommitted instead of staying committed and flipping on signing day or something like that. for those of you who think he doesnt have a "firm" offer to auburn he does, no two questions about it. also its fans like yall who hate on these kids for decommitting that makes them feel uncomfortable to come back for visits. He said he isnt sure if he will come back and visit for the iron bowl like he had planned because he doesnt know how the fans will treat him. so congratulations yall are scaring off kids for being irrational and letting recruiting hurt your personal sense of pride way to much. i know Cash so i will talk to him at some point and tell him he needs to visit and that he will still be welcomed at auburn by the fans but i never lie to my friends so im not going to tell him that unless i feel that way so yall need to pull your panties up and start acting like the men yall are. never forget these are 16,17 and 18 year olds we are talking about. what life altering decisions were you making where you had hundreds of peoples trying to get you to do what they want you to do when you were that age? none.

Nobody's hating on Josh. I simply said his indecision may put him in a bad place. If you were Gus would you be sitting around waiting on an 18 y/o to make up his mind? Do you trust Saban to follow through on promises? Rodney Garner said it best, a difference in the Auburn fan base from others is the team gets unconditional love. His point was the 83K who showed up for the Spring game. Josh needs to take control and avoid being a pawn in a larger game.

Kid ain't gonna make it as a SEC football player if he is that worried about fans being mean.....

Its not that hes worried about fans being mean its that he doesnt want to go somewhere if the fans hate him there

So what you are telling me is that the posts on this forum are making that kind of difference? Cause chances are (unless some people are really that serious) people are not driving to his house and telling him what they think of his decommitment. But if posts on a forum make that big of a difference, maybe I should post more.

players and recruits both read what is posted about them. im not saying he has ever visited this site but im sure he has looked around and seen what fans are saying about him. if fans are bad mouthing a player saying they dont want him and stuff like that why would a recruit want to go to that school when he can go to a different school and be loved by the fans?

Nobody's hating on Josh. I simply said his indecision may put him in a bad place. If you were Gus would you be sitting around waiting on an 18 y/o to make up his mind? Do you trust Saban to follow through on promises? Rodney Garner said it best, a difference in the Auburn fan base from others is the team gets unconditional love. His point was the 83K who showed up for the Spring game. Josh needs to take control and avoid being a pawn in a larger game.

i agree he should commit to auburn right now, but thats from a fans perspective i dont know what all he has going on and what he is being told by coaches and his family. all i was saying is that people should quit saying we dont want him because all that does is make Cash not want to come here.

You say you know "Cash" but I thought we were discussing a kid named Casher.

There are a lot more "FANS" off of this board that want him than there are "FANS" on this board that don't. You can't listen to a few and let them represent the majority. He is a smart kid, I think he can see the disappointment of a few.

"He said he isnt sure if he will come back and visit for the iron bowl like he had planned because he doesnt know how the fans will treat him."

No one will pay attention to him. It's the damn Iron Bowl. Bigger things to worry about that day.

You say you know "Cash" but I thought we were discussing a kid named Casher.

Cash is josh casher nickname

"He said he isnt sure if he will come back and visit for the iron bowl like he had planned because he doesnt know how the fans will treat him."

No one will pay attention to him. It's the damn Iron Bowl. Bigger things to worry about that day.

Word. I doubt if anyone in the stadium would recognize him, in would not know who he was if he walked in front of me now. Plus fans will love him as soon as he recommitts to AU.

He's long gone and I feel it's time that we move on. We need to focus signing a center that wants to be an Auburn Tiger and won't flip back and forth. I know their out there.

Kid ain't gonna make it as a SEC football player if he is that worried about fans being mean.....

Its not that hes worried about fans being mean its that he doesnt want to go somewhere if the fans hate him there

players and recruits both read what is posted about them. im not saying he has ever visited this site but im sure he has looked around and seen what fans are saying about him. if fans are bad mouthing a player saying they dont want him and stuff like that why would a recruit want to go to that school when he can go to a different school and be loved by the fans?

i agree he should commit to auburn right now, but thats from a fans perspective i dont know what all he has going on and what he is being told by coaches and his family. all i was saying is that people should quit saying we dont want him because all that does is make Cash not want to come here.

Hate is too harsh of a word to use. There is not a player on our roster that we don't support. If a recruit doesn't want to come to Auburn, then we wish them well.

No fan of any sport wants a player on their team that doesn't want to be there. We didn't know much about Cash until he committed to Auburn and then he withdrew his commitment. He didn't base his withdrawal on any negative post here because there wasn't one. He withdrew his commitment. Cash should make his own decision and will. He is growing up and should learn fast that if Auburn wants him then we want him. No fickle comment should make him change his mind and if it does then I think he was looking for a reason not to come here. In light of TJ Yeldon, Dee Liner and Foster no Auburn fan wants to see a recruit vacillate on a decision. The strongest point for Cash to figure out is does he want to come Auburn? The strongest point for us as fans is do our coaches still want Cash? Learned along time ago...... Yes is Yes and anything else is a no.

He's long gone and I feel it's time that we move on. We need to focus signing a center that wants to be an Auburn Tiger and won't flip back and forth. I know their out there.

Cash is anything but long gone yet. The staff is letting the dust settle from the past 2 months.

I don't think they will accept his committment again until they are absolutely sure. We may have been a little hasty first time around after he blew up a camp. Our new staff may have thought they could get him in the fold before Bammers came around. But they may have learned a valuable lesson for future reference. If a kid is a Bama fan thru and thru you might want to wait. It is hard to convert them. A commitment doesn't mean much to a Bammer. I do think this kid is close to conversion though.

I don't think they will accept his committment again until they are absolutely sure. We may have been a little hasty first time around after he blew up a camp. Our new staff may have thought they could get him in the fold before Bammers came around. But they may have learned a valuable lesson for future reference. If a kid is a Bama fan thru and thru you might want to wait. It is hard to convert them. A commitment doesn't mean much to a Bammer. I do think this kid is close to conversion though.

Didn't Casher fail to do some things the coaching staff asked of him? Whether we do or don't want him is irrelevant. It's what the coaches want. And they have a proven record of smoking out the pretenders.

Didn't Casher fail to do some things the coaching staff asked of him? Whether we do or don't want him is irrelevant. It's what the coaches want. And they have a proven record of smoking out the pretenders.

I'm not against ya here, but they have only caught one guy who was fairly blatantly playing AU. So to say a "proven record" this early is a little premature. But I do understand what you are saying.

I think he signs outside the sec.

I have heard he is most likely to sign with auburn but if he doesnt it will be with FSU

Not sure he is a takr for FSU. They have a center committed for this class.

Archived