ASU game tonight

For those unaware...AU leading ASU 10-2 in the bottom of the 8th. At least we are doing better this season in the mid-week games.

Could have been Arky State or App State too I guess. But a win is a win at this point.

For those unaware...AU leading ASU 10-2 in the bottom of the 8th. At least we are doing better this season in the mid-week games.

Are we? AU has beaten ASU badly every time they've played. ASU aside, we've already lost 3 "midweek" games and we play Southern Miss tomorrow. Casey Dunn has yet to bring his Samford Bulldogs around for what has become, for them, a traditional whupping of Auburn. Troy and Jax State loom on the horizon as well.

If our non-conference record is any better this year it will be because Pawloski canceled the series with Arizona and did not replace Missouri with a major non-conference foe. Those two big programs were replaced with the likes of Brown. That sort of finagling may make the wins and losses appear better, but nobody that's paying attention will be impressed.

Glad we took care of business tonight. Need to do the same tomorrow and then make a stand against LSU this weekend.

Are we? AU has beaten ASU badly every time they've played. ASU aside, we've already lost 3 "midweek" games and we play Southern Miss tomorrow. Casey Dunn has yet to bring his Samford Bulldogs around for what has become, for them, a traditional whupping of Auburn. Troy and Jax State loom on the horizon as well.

If our non-conference record is any better this year it will be because Pawloski canceled the series with Arizona and did not replace Missouri with a major non-conference foe. Those two big programs were replaced with the likes of Brown. That sort of finagling may make the wins and losses appear better, but nobody that's paying attention will be impressed.

Love the positive thinking here. Keep it up! I want you to remember that we were 1 win away from a regional last year. Did we get that win? Nope. But according to you, Auburn is horrible right now and won't get better. Oh, and since you like to complain about errors over the past few years, here's a stat for you. Since 1994 (when Auburn started keeping these records), Auburn has yet to go 5 consecutive games without an error. As a matter of fact, as of Sunday, Auburn hadn't gone 4 consecutive games without an error in YEARS! So Auburn has had errors that have hurt. Auburn has also had some outstanding defensive plays that have helped. In closing... Lay off the negativity for a few games! It gets old.

War Eagle and God Bless

My negativity is not nearly as old as watching Pawloski flail around trying to accomplish something that's beyond his ability to accomplish. That's five seasons old right now, but I gave him a total pass for his first season here and even stayed with him up until the horrible performance at the end of 2010.

So, with me, Pawloski has been "old" since May/June of 2010. What we're looking at in our baseball program is baseball's version of Barbee, but he's now in his 5th year. If many people paid as much attention to baseball as they do to basketball, the howls about Pawloski would have reached an unbearable level two or three years ago.

Also, we weren't "one win away from a regional" last year. There's no way to predict what a selection committee will do.

I want you to remember that we were 1 win away from a regional last year. Did we get that win? Nope.

I'm all for looking at the bright side, but you just lost all credibility there.

I want you to remember that we were 1 win away from a regional last year. Did we get that win? Nope.

I'm all for looking at the bright side, but you just lost all credibility there.

IMO, the games that kept us out of the regionals were mostly lost in March last season.

IMO, the games that kept us out of the regionals were mostly lost in March last season.

I think a little pixie dust would have helped tremendously last year. :shovel:

Excuse me. You are correct on that. I was mixing up last season and 2011. The only reason we didn't make it in 2011 was because we didn't break .500. We were .500 on the dot.

The only reason we didn't make it in 2011 was because we didn't break .500.

The simple fact is we didn't.

I am of the opinion that we need to have 35 wins and be at .500 in conference. I am also of the opinion that after this weekend, we might be looking at having to go 15-9 over the balance of the SEC season. And while we catch something of a break not having to play USCe and UK, we will still be hard pressed to scratch out 15 wins versus the likes of Arkansas, aTm, Florida, MSU and Ole Miss. The "bright side" says we might get 8 or 9 of those wins against Mizzou, UGa and bammer (at SS-HF at PP). But then again, those guys are probably thinking the same thing. :yes:

Archived