2009 2* WR Wilson Van Hooser (Tulane signee)

augrad68

Wilson Van Hooser is leaving Tulane to move back to Montgomery, AL because of his mother's illness.

The article mentioned the senior wide receiver wants to move back home to be closer to his mom, who the paper writes has undergone seven back surgeries and several other procedures looking into her brain over the past several months and is currently bedridden. The Tulane coaches have reached out to Auburn and Troy to help find him a spot to play his senior year.

Anyone have any info on him?

Bleacher article:

http://bleacherrepor...aign=recruiting

If he has 1 year then Auburn, or any other SEC team for that matter, is out per the You must have 2 years eligibility remaining to transfer to the SEC rule passed 2 years ago.

If he has 1 year then Auburn, or any other SEC team for that matter, is out per the You must have 2 years eligibility remaining to transfer to the SEC rule passed 2 years ago.

Wouldn't that rule become moot if they gave him a hardship waiver ?

Wouldn't that rule become mute if they gave him a hardship waiver ?

Yes but remember how long and arduous the process was when Armstead's brother tried to get a 1 year waiver to play at Auburn. I know they are different circumstances but I do not have Faith in the SEC being forgiving on their rules

Didn't Russell Wilson only have have 1 year left when he was considering transferring to us or Wisconsin?

Wouldn't that rule become mute if they gave him a hardship waiver ?

Or even moot? :poke:

Didn't Russell Wilson only have have 1 year left when he was considering transferring to us or Wisconsin?

Yes and he was the last one the SEC allowed to do it without a waiver.

Wouldn't that rule become mute moot if they gave him a hardship waiver ?

Yah, that too, lol. Well unless the SEC gave him the "silent" treatment. I plead a Senior moment. :tease:

Yah, that too, lol. Well unless the SEC gave him the "silent" treatment. I plead a Senior moment. :tease:

;D

Is he good enough to play at AU? There needs to be someone that can make these kind of calls. It would not be a difficult decision for a reasonable person to make but an organization or committee? Fuh-git-about-it!

I believe he could fill the role of a Jay Wisner (with his experience and all) if there is a need.

I would think a waiver would be likely under the circumstances. Sabans guys would probably have no problem since its not like he would be an impact player. Aren't there a couple of spots left on the 85 and he wouldn't count on the 25 limit. And with only one year it wouldn't affect the EE's. I think Gus may have been one of the coaches who brought in Wisner who was actually a walk-on JUCO transfer. So his situation was different . Wisner on scholarship would have affected the numbers.

I believe he could fill the role of a Jay Wisner (with his experience and all) if there is a need.

I would think a waiver would be likely under the circumstances. Sabans guys would probably have no problem since its not like he would be an impact player. Aren't there a couple of spots left on the 85 and he wouldn't count on the 25 limit. And with only one year it wouldn't affect the EE's. I think Gus may have been one of the coaches who brought in Wisner who was actually a walk-on JUCO transfer. So his situation was different . Wisner on scholarship would have affected the numbers.

Any player who transfers in on scholly counts against the 25 new player limit. Right now we can sign 18 and I expect all of them to be high school or juco recruits.

Any player who transfers in on scholly counts against the 25 new player limit. Right now we can sign 18 and I expect all of them to be high school or juco recruits.

I think you know (expect) AU will sign more than 18. Attrition always seems to be more than most of us out-of- the-know folks anticipate. If AU doesn't sign more than 18 that would have to be some kind of record and I would be shocked. I remember a couple of times we only had about that number to actually make into school, but several more were signed in Feb.during those years. I do agree that there is (almost) zero chance Van Hooser will be at AU. It was just a hypothetical situation. You are probably right about the 25 limit applying. Obviously a waiver signee would count against the 2013 limit of 25. But I was thinking maybe SEC waiver folks might not count a one-year guy toward the 2 or 3 spots we have left and available for December grads. Since waiver transfer would likely only be on schollie from say June to December. One for the Legal folks. Anyway as usual I agree that you correct and leave it at that.

Thanks for being a sport, IM. You took it alot better than my former boss. :-[

Russell Wilson only had 1 year left when he transferred out of NC State and wanted to sign with Auburn. And up until the last minute, we backed fro some reason and he ended up signing with Wisconsin where he put up HUGE numbers all across the board.

Russell Wilson only had 1 year left when he transferred out of NC State and wanted to sign with Auburn. And up until the last minute, we backed fro some reason and he ended up signing with Wisconsin where he put up HUGE numbers all across the board.

As I already told you Russell Wilson was the last one allowed in the SEC before the new rule took affect.

As I already told you Russell Wilson was the last one allowed in the SEC before the new rule took affect.

e you do realize they you have answerd him on this multiple times

I'm impressed with the Tulane coaching staff and hope Auburn or Troy can find a scholarship for Wilson. I'm sure Jay Prosch's mother appreciated the cooperation between the University of Illinois, Auburn, and the NCAA to allow her to have as much time with him as possible during her illness. My prayers go out to this whole family.

I'm impressed with the Tulane coaching staff and hope Auburn or Troy can find a scholarship for Wilson. I'm sure Jay Prosch's mother appreciated the cooperation between the University of Illinois, Auburn, and the NCAA to allow her to have as much time with him as possible during her illness. My prayers go out to this whole family.

^^ This is the attitude we all should have. ^^

I agree that we should try to make the best out of a bad situation and that if we've got a spot he should have it, but we need to remember that football isn't everything. Things like family are much more important.

^^ This is the attitude we all should have. ^^

I agree that we should try to make the best out of a bad situation and that if we've got a spot he should have it, but we need to remember that football isn't everything. Things like family are much more important.

What he said.

Does anyone else get the desire for a bar fight and drink a pint when you read Wilson Van Hooser's name or is it just me? And no Golf you can't answer. We all know you always want a pint. :beer2:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/c6mWumiLjow?autoplay=1 film

http://www.youtube.com/embed/fEVcWxLgEBQ?autoplay=1 interview from his spring

Kid seems to be bright and knows his place if he came to AU so Troy better choice most likely. Would be a nice addition as a blocking reciever but Kody burns want much for yards after catch but was known for "the catch" when we needed them. Might a WR version of Trey Smith. Never kno

Wilson's father posted that Wilson graduated from Tulane and has been offered a scholarship to Troy to complete his final year of eligibility.

Archived