Barber stonger than Lawson

bootskii

So I was looking at some of our incoming freshman high school highlights on youtube and I came across one from Carl Lawson. (in which he just bulldozed two offense linemen to sack the QB..pretty awesome) but in the video the commentator states Lawson was the second strongest person on the team behind Peyton Barber. If that is true then wow! I hope Barber wears that improper three star ranking like a chip on his shoulder and tattoo's any defensive player that tries to take him down. Check it out. It states it around the 43 second mark.

Everything I've heard suggests Peyton Barber was vastly underrated because of an injury his junior season. With CAP as the only bruiser ahead of him, I suspect he will get some carries this season while Ford redshirts behind Mason and Grant.

Everything I've heard suggests Peyton Barber was vastly underrated because of an injury his junior season. With CAP as the only bruiser ahead of him, I suspect he will get some carries this season while Ford redshirts behind Mason and Grant.

CAP is not a bruiser, Peyton Barber is.

I agree. CAP is a physical good sized back, but Barber seems to be bigger and more powerful, just not as fast as CAP. CAP is downright fast. He reminds me of the last #44 we had running the ball. Good number to wear. It fits him well. We will all be elated if he plays as well as Mr. Ben Tate.

I agree. CAP is a physical good sized back, but Barber seems to be bigger and more powerful, just not as fast as CAP. CAP is downright fast. He reminds me of the last #44 we had running the ball. Good number to wear. It fits him well. We will all be elated if he plays as well as Mr. Ben Tate.

Sounds like a Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams combo to me. Ronnie was the bruiser and Carnell was "haha made you miss me" back.

Completely disagree with that description of both guys. Cadillac came to Auburn as a made you miss guy. He left Auburn as our best between the tackles runner. He was the every down wear you out guy. Ronnie was the Swiss Army knife. He could bang if the situation arose (like on the goal line in Knoxville), but he looked to bounce and use his shocking speed more often than Cadillac. Personal opinion, they were the opposite of what you expect.

Total derailment. I expect Barber to get limited touches this year. He's different than CAP (in our limited exposure thus far) because he's more compact. Barber seems tailor made for a third down role (plus it limits what he has to learn early). I think freshmen excel when asked to do a small number of things really well. Then build on it.

This years state weightlifting tournament at Lambert High School ( home of Chris Laye) was flat out dominated by Milton High School athletes. Their football players actually arrive to school at 5:00 every morning for workouts. Probably the strongest football team in GA!

This years state weightlifting tournament at Lambert High School ( home of Chris Laye) was flat out dominated by Milton High School athletes. Their football players actually arrive to school at 5:00 every morning for workouts. Probably the strongest football team in GA!

That is impressive. I wish someone would have made me get up and be actively responsible everyday as a high school student. That kind of stuff builds character in young people. Which is something an increasing number of today's youth is lacking.

That is impressive. I wish someone would have made me get up and be actively responsible everyday as a high school student. That kind of stuff builds character in young people. Which is something an increasing number of today's youth is lacking.

Amen!

Perhaps bruiser was the wrong term, but CAP does have the ability to run people over, which is what I was getting at. Mason, Grant, and Ford fit more into the speed back category, hence my expectation that Ford will redshirt to save a year of eligibility. Depending upon injury situations, however, he may well get carries, too.

Perhaps bruiser was the wrong term, but CAP does have the ability to run people over, which is what I was getting at. Mason, Grant, and Ford fit more into the speed back category, hence my expectation that Ford will redshirt to save a year of eligibility Depending upon injury situations, however, he may well get carries, too.

You r spot on Red

I agree about the CAP/Ben comparison. I kept thinking that same thing watching A-Day.

Mason and CAP will be the primary backs, with Grant split outside and occasionally line up as the primary RB, as Omac did.

Barber could come in a few times to get him used to the game.

I think we will see Mr. Prosch take on a more prominent role in short yardage situations, as well as catching the ball out of the backfield. JP has good hands. Pity the guy who has to tackle JP.

Total derailment. I expect Barber to get limited touches this year. He's different than CAP (in our limited exposure thus far) because he's more compact. Barber seems tailor made for a third down role (plus it limits what he has to learn early). I think freshmen excel when asked to do a small number of things really well. Then build on it.

Of course we've slipped to comparing a 23 year old JuCo to a couple of incoming true freshmen... but in a world of comparing apples to orange - it's good we've added some grapefruit sized cojones to the equation.

I think we will see Mr. Prosch take on a more prominent role in short yardage situations, as well as catching the ball out of the backfield. JP has good hands. Pity the guy who has to tackle JP.

Especially if he get's into the secondary! I still remember Ben Tate's collision with the Tennesse "Heisman Candidate" defender (can't remember his name, but IIRC he got knocked back like 5 yards). Imagine what the juggernaught would have done. :abmbu:

Especially if he get's into the secondary! I still remember Ben Tate's collision with the Tennesse "Heisman Candidate" defender (can't remember his name, but IIRC he got knocked back like 5 yards). Imagine what the juggernaught would have done. :abmbu:

Eric Berry?

Eric Berry?

Yep Eric Berry. There's a gif of it and it's pretty sweet.

Well, here's my question. When he says stronger, does he mean in direct comparison of lifts as in bench or squat, or does he mean stronger relatively speaking?? For example, in comparing a strength to weight ratio.

Especially if he get's into the secondary! I still remember Ben Tate's collision with the Tennesse "Heisman Candidate" defender (can't remember his name, but IIRC he got knocked back like 5 yards). Imagine what the juggernaught would have done. :abmbu:/>

Eric Berry?

Yep Eric Berry. There's a gif of it and it's pretty sweet.

Post it. Been a while since I seen it.

Well, here's my question. When he says stronger, does he mean in direct comparison of lifts as in bench or squat, or does he mean stronger relatively speaking?? For example, in comparing a strength to weight ratio.

"Stronger" means he is able to lift more weight. Most likely in the benchpress, deadlift, c&j, or squat.

"Stronger" means he is able to lift more weight. Most likely in the benchpress, deadlift, c&j, or squat.

That was also before PB got injured. Carl is stronger than him now.

Archived