2014 3* DE/DT Cory Thomas (Miss State signee)

RunInRed

Just got my scholarship offer n the mail from auburn didn't even kno they offered me #WDE

@bigcory34

948110.jpg

Cory Thomas, SDE

McCalla, AL (McAdory)

6'6 / 270 / 4.8

247Sports: 3:*

Rivals: 3*

ESPN 3*

Scout 3*

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Kentucky, Miami (Fl.), Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ole Miss, South Alabama, Tulane and Tennessee, among others.

First thing I thought when I saw his size was if he packs on some weight move to DT. Watched his highlights and he lines up 1 or 3 technique every time. In video he causes disruption in the backfield even if he doesn't get to the ball... I like that.

First thing I thought when I saw his size was if he packs on some weight move to DT. Watched his highlights and he lines up 1 or 3 technique every time. In video he causes disruption in the backfield even if he doesn't get to the ball... I like that.

We are recruiting him as a DT. Good observation!!

I believe that what is being talked about is his "official" offer. Which is mailed to the recruits. It is like the big official document with the cool font and stuff like that. Its a formal kind of thing.

That guy has some serious potential!! Get him on board and add about 20-30 lbs of muscle during a redshirt and of course his senior year, and this cat could be special. He is very quick off the ball, seems to shed blocks well and has a relentless motor.

I believe that what is being talked about is his "official" offer. Which is mailed to the recruits. It is like the big official document with the cool font and stuff like that. Its a formal kind of thing.

Yes but 99.9% of the recruits get the verbal offer from a staff before they get a written offer. He had no clue he had any offer before he got the letter yesterday. There was a communication breakdown somewhere.

Why wouldn't he get an offer over the phone or in person?

In the mail seems kind of odd.

He received his written offer in the mail. According to NCAA rules written offers can't be mailed out until August 1st. A written offer is a different (and more serious) offer than the verbal discussions that often aren't even a true offer.

Yes but 99.9% of the recruits get the verbal offer from a staff before they get a written offer. He had no clue he had any offer before he got the letter yesterday. There was a communication breakdown somewhere.

True dat!

We are recruiting him as a DT. Good observation!!

That was my first thought as well and then I watched his film and he plays DT from what I saw. Huge upside on this young man. (It seems like I remember that being discussed back when he visited though I may be mistaken on that.) Our DL would really pose a problem for opposing QB's down the road if we sign he and Kennion.

Leaning towards Miss State.

Surely we can sway this young man. Put Coach Garner on him and I like our chances. (Unless he has family or connections at Moo State?)

True dat!

That is kinda strange and a new one on me. I hope we just overlooked something with the new staff coming on board because this kid has some real potential. He plays basketball as well so he must be a somewhat decent athlete. He has to get stronger and add some weight but I really like this offer. I still can't believe he just now got an offer! I hope we have a good explanation for him... :-[ I would sure hate to see him beat us in a few years.

For a tall fellow his initial pad level is good. Like most tall players he tends to become upright to soon.

Love to have him though. His desire and want to looks to be very high.

For a tall fellow his initial pad level is good. Like most tall players he tends to become upright to soon.

Love to have him though. His desire and want to looks to be very high.

I like his profile pic on Rivals.

Just got an updated rating of 87 (3*) on 247, which is good considering his exposure at this point. This kid may be worth a harder look.

Same high school as Bo Jackson, right?

Si

Oh yeah! My stepdad played and graduated with Vincent Bo Jackson. Hasn't really told me many stories mainly because he is a bam. My stepdad had a scholy to Southern Miss and would of played tight end or wing while Bret Farve was there. Crazy! Broke his knee in a game against Leeds at Legion field. Instead was a carnie for a while LMFAO and now owns his own battery business in Cullman county. But, Bo-knows-him ;)

Anyway I saw this guy play against my hometown highschool team Cullman

DT is a position that we will either be in awe over on NSD, or may be so-so. I think CRG may be able to sell PT to some guys if someone not named Adams or Bradley doesn't step up. If we win a few this year I can see our staff being able to secure some kids at some of our weaker positions. DT may be #1 IMO.

Archived