2013 Fall Camp - Practice 17 (Fri, Aug 16)

RunInRed

WR Ricardo Louis on his freshman season: "I was learning behind Emory Blake and the other WRs; I took it as a learning experience."

RB Corey Grant on wideout Ricardo Louis: "Great guy, great player - he's gonna be a key factor for us this year"

OL Shon Coleman on the Malzahn scheme: "His offense is probably one of the greatest things to ever happen here"

Coleman on his camp so far: "I'm just trying to get better every day at camp, working on technique, working on my assignments"

@FootballAU

RB Corey Grant said he's been impressed with the play of the Tigers' OL. Named Reese Dismukes, Chad Slade as leaders of the bunch.

Sophomore Ricardo Louis and junior Tre Mason have been returning kicks, per Louis. Junior Robenson Therezie also mixing in.

@JHokanson

Sounds like Auburn kick returners have been Corey Grant, Tre Mason, Ricardo Louis and Robenson Therezie, primarily.

@JoelAEricksonAU

My guess is the starter will be named tonight, so that they can take a leadership role in the scrimmage tomorrow. Just my guess....

Agreed

Right now... ;D Hope so..

Corey Grant on QBs: "If you had to run it with your eyes closed, you wouldn’t know who’s back there." You know, figuratively speaking.

Grant on QB Jeremy Johnson: "I watched him in HS, and as a freshman coming in I didn’t expect that much of him. But he’s doing a great job."

@AUBlog

Still just a redshirt freshman offensive tackle despite many of the players he was recruited with now heading into their senior seasons, Shon Coleman is excited about his future at Auburn under the direction of coach J.B. Grimes. Working at both left and right tackle, Coleman said he's made strides as a player and is happy to be back in Gus Malzahn's offense once again.

via @ITATJason / http://auburn.scout.com/2/1316859.html (Free Content)

via @awpenny247

It was AUsome getting our pic made with #16 @CoachDCraig this week! #thanks #wareagle

BR04W_3CQAEZcfQ.jpg

@aucheerleading

The guy on the right is covered in sweat and everyone else is clean...seems a little odd...

Maybe he was in nervous upon witnessing the awesomeness of DC. :)

Doubtful on a starter be named until at least after tomorrow's scrimmage (hint: Sunday).

Isn't there a special practice tonight invite only, we might not know till Sunday but I bet the team knows tonight

I'm going to go ahead and call the QB race and say it goes to Marshall. I just can't see a true freshman starting in the opener unless it's not even close, although I can see JJ winning the job prior to the end of the season. I have no inside knowledge so it's just a hunch and I reserve the right to be wrong.

My guess is the starter will be named tonight, so that they can take a leadership role in the scrimmage tomorrow. Just my guess....

Agreed

Given none of the staff speaks tonight my guess is they will officially name a #1 after tomorrow's scrimmage or Sunday.

Agreed

Given none of the staff speaks tonight my guess is they will officially name a #1 after tomorrow's scrimmage or Sunday.

Seems logical. And naming Johnson seems unlikely unless he was clearly better than Marshall.

Agreed

Seems logical. And naming Johnson seems unlikely unless he was clearly better than Marshall.

Which he hasn't.

I'm going to go ahead and call the QB race and say it goes to Marshall. I just can't see a true freshman starting in the opener unless it's not even close, although I can see JJ winning the job prior to the end of the season. I have no inside knowledge so it's just a hunch and I reserve the right to be wrong.

The popular vote may be a dead heat, but I think Marshall wins the electoral college.

Archived