Game ball to Ellis Johnson tonight

DyeHardAllTheWay

I would have to say give the game ball to Ellis Johnson. Our defense has not prevented an opponent from scoring a touchdown since 2011 against Florida. It is only the third time since 2009 that we have been able to do that. I saw hard nosed physical defense for the first time in a while tonight. If we can limit the penalties, this defense may get back to the Auburn defense we expect soon. WDE!

Impressed with the defense tonight. Johnson needs to find a way to get pressure on the qb though.

Pressure was a big reason we held them tonight.

yup, and for the most part it was getting there without a blitz.

I had a family emergency this evening, and missed all but the last 5 minutes of the game. From the looks of it, Coach Johnson did an outstanding job with the defense. No matter how you look at the game, a score of 38-9 is impressive against a quality opponent. I would say ASU will win the SunBelt Conference for 2013. I think we will match up well against MSU. If OSU can hold MSU to 3 points, there is no reason we cannot do the same. WIth a nice win against MSU, we will have the confidence to go into BR, and give Lsu a much needed loss. I figure with a win against MSU, we should enter the top 25. A win against Lsu, and we will be close, if not in, the top 10.

I am in complete agreement with this one! The defense has came up in so many different ways the past two weeks. I am loving the difference this year than that past couple of years. Says a lot about CGM as the head honcho on the plains. Lets CEJ run the defense and make adjustments as needed. I'm proud of our team tonight. Great plays on both sides, but the defense grew up more this week.

Impressed with the defense tonight. Johnson needs to find a way to get pressure on the qb though.

I think a lot of the lack of pressure was that ASU were throwing quick strikes before the D had a chance to get to the QB -dink & dunk ball-great game plan for moving the ball, but once inside the red-zone the threat of the long bomb was gone and our D shut it down then. Ellis' bend don't break approach was a good one imho.

Ellis Johnson was forgotten more about defense than most folks will ever know. Fantastic hire!

I agree and hope he stays at AU for a long time. He makes great in game adjustments.

Great job,he called a great game tonight but the work was donein the spring.They have improved A LOT on tackling.

I have no doubt CEJ was thinking the same as CPR when he came here.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/07/auburns_gene_chizik_and_his_su.html

The defense is really starting to grow...and I am noticing a lot of players rotating in and out which should be a big plus for brutal part of the schedule.

I had a family emergency this evening, and missed all but the last 5 minutes of the game. From the looks of it, Coach Johnson did an outstanding job with the defense. No matter how you look at the game, a score of 38-9 is impressive against a quality opponent. I would say ASU will win the SunBelt Conference for 2013. I think we will match up well against MSU. If OSU can hold MSU to 3 points, there is no reason we cannot do the same. WIth a nice win against MSU, we will have the confidence to go into BR, and give Lsu a much needed loss. I figure with a win against MSU, we should enter the top 25. A win against Lsu, and we will be close, if not in, the top 10.

haha ... if we beat Bama we should be #1 :Sing:

haha ... if we beat Bama we should be #1 :Sing:

Slow down. Lets play Moo St. first.

Game ball also goes to CRG. He is cycling in D-linemen, not losing a beat, and that group had the biggest improvement from week 1 to week 2. Thank goodness Garner wants to retire at AU.(lets just hope he waits until his social security kicks in)

I think last years team gives up a minimumof 21 points to ASU. Perhaps more.

Definitely more. Plus, we wouldn't have been able to move the ball on offense.

Archived