D.J. Fluker and 4 other SEC players took benefits with SABAN VIDEO NOW

jared52

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are other Bama players referenced in that article....Mark Barron and Josh Chapman to name 2. Barron left year before last, correct? 2012 Draft?

This may just be the beginning...... :Sing:

Don't think bama gets away with everything. I think they went through several years of probation that included scholarship losses and losing seasons. They are about to repeat that preformance.

Yeah, but those issues came up before Nick Saban's BFF, Mark Emmert, became head of the NCAA. Hell, it was before Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa.

I really don't know how any one could ever want to play for Saban. While nothing in the interview is a surprise, it just reminds you what a pompous, narcissistic ass he really is.

This part has kind of been lost but there's more than Fluker involved ...

Documents obtained by Yahoo! Sports also show current Alabama defensive end Ed Stinson, whose name appears as "E. Stinson," on a flight itinerary from Nashville, Tenn., though agent Isaac Conner said Stinson did not make the flight. Stinson, a starter on the defense, practiced Wednesday.

A second Yahoo! Sports report alleges that former Alabama safety Mark Barron accepted money while he was recovering from a shoulder injury as a junior in 2011 that kept him from declaring for the NFL draft. Text messages obtained by the website show that Barron was asked to repay money after signing with a competing sports agency.

http://espn.go.com/c...ccording-report

I do not know what this means but I heard on the radio one of the co-authors, Charles Robinson, stating that he is not going to hand over any of their sources or evidence that they compiled for the story to the NCAA.....

1 other UA problem: Ala has an agents law against tampering w/amateur athletes. Could allow a court to subpoena records from Davis

@Josh_Moon

Looks like to me nobody will need a subpoena , Davis had to supply yahoo with all of the info already.

It would so nice to have Hank from Hank's house of houndstooth shout out..... LAWYER UP!!! LAWYER UP!!! and then have the Yahoo theme play followed by BAMA UP......BAMA UP!!!

!

I do not know what this means but I heard on the radio one of the co-authors, Charles Robinson, stating that he is not going to hand over any of their sources or evidence that they compiled for the story to the NCAA.....

He was interviewed on Coast to Coast sports tonight and said he shouldn't hand over his hard work because the NCAA was too lazy or too incapable of doing a proper investigation with actual evidence.

He was interviewed on Coast to Coast sports tonight and said he shouldn't hand over his hard work because the NCAA was too lazy or too incapable of doing a proper interview with actual evidence.

Once he's completed his investigation and gotten everything published with his byline, I'd bet he hands it over to the NCAA

1 other UA problem: Ala has an agents law against tampering w/amateur athletes. Could allow a court to subpoena records from Davis

@Josh_Moon

Nice work!

What judge in Alabama is going to go against Bama?

One really incriminating piece of this is that John Phillips, one of the agents named, isn't just a lawyer and an agent. He is a uat grad and booster. This could be a double boom if the money to Fluker is tied to Phillips. Oh yeah, he is also the scumbag behind the edited Kristi Malzahn video a few years ago.

John Phillips is the new Logan Young

Not so fast my friend. He first has to fall up the stairs...

An interesting issue is Luther Davis, ex-player and now a booster of the U of A appears to be the bagman for providing the extra benefits. Booster issues that MIGHT be documented during a time of when they were still on probation.

If anything even close to comes out of this, Saban is gone to Texas at end of season. No way he would stick around for something like this.

If this keeps growing, Texas may not want him.

If this gets bigger, Saban will have a show-cause penalty a-la Chip Kelly. This is his out to the NFL. Next stop, Dallas.

If anything even close to comes out of this, Saban is gone to Texas at end of season. No way he would stick around for something like this.

If this keeps growing, Texas may not want him.

If this gets bigger, Saban will have a show-cause penalty a-la Chip Kelly. This is his out to the NFL. Next stop, Dallas.

I've been predicting Dallas for the last couple of years to be Saban's new home, so I may look like a genius after all this. I can predict the future. :-\

Archived