2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

Got a couple CBs for Louisville today. Maybe not a Bama lock?

What's noteworthy is one came from a Bama 247 writer yesterday. That's intriguing and may be telling.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened with our recruitment of Jawon? Was he playing games or did we like Barrett better? I read some of his interviews early on and it seemed that he was really interested in us.

What happened with our recruitment of Jawon? Was he playing games or did we like Barrett better? I read some of his interviews early on and it seemed that he was really interested in us.

Well it started with us offering him relatively late. We were the 20th team to offer him and we offered 5 or 6 QBs before him. All that jaded him some, at least initially..We will take him if he wants in but the staff does not see him better than Woody.

I just got this tweet fwiw. Not putting any stock in it. Just sharing.

@Bamabohemian 1h1 hour ago

@Ellitor_AU One of my friends lives out in Oregon and has been at the opening. Says Pass has been talking only AU & UA and is leaning AU

I just got this tweet fwiw. Not putting any stock in it. Just sharing.

@Bamabohemian 1h1 hour ago

@Ellitor_AU One of my friends lives out in Oregon and has been at the opening. Says Pass has been talking only AU & UA and is leaning AU

Jawon is ready to get it over with.

Interesting. I would take him...not sure if he is a difference maker.

What's Woody's position on committing somewhere that has 2 QBs in this class?

I don't think he's said anything. But if Jawon commits to AU and this pushes Woody out I'll be upset. Woody is the better talent IMO.

I don't think he's said anything. But if Jawon commits to AU and this pushes Woody out I'll be upset. Woody is the better talent IMO.

I disagree. I think Jawon is more talented. None of it matters though because I still think he chooses Bama.

I disagree. I think Jawon is more talented. None of it matters though because I still think he chooses Bama.

I was told all Bama but if E's got a friend who says otherwise I'm interested.

I agree, would love to add Pass, but if I had to choose one it would be Woody no doubt

I am too. I'm shocked that was even said.

I am too. I'm shocked that was even said.

Supposedly Mom said today his top two were UL and UA with UL on top due to Khane (his brother) being at UL. But I don't have a clue anymore. His recruitment has been crazy.

FTR I still thinks it's Bama for Jawon. Just too much smoke when you combine his comments in interviews and his last 2 visits before he commits will be there.

I agree with Ellitor that he is bama bound but it would be great to get him as long as we keep Barrett. Because you never can tell which great HS QB will be great in college as I believe there are so many intangibles at QB in addition to arm strength that I think it is the hardest position to predict in football. So to have two great Options along with who we have returning would be best case scenario.

I would rather Pass go somewhere else and have us win both Lowell N and Bentley in the 2017 class. I like both of them better.

I would rather Pass go somewhere else and have us win both Lowell N and Bentley in the 2017 class. I like both of them better.

+1

Pass is not a make or break get. He personally would be better off choosing AU (due to the way Lashlee and Gus develop QBs), but we have really good SEC caliber QBs after JJs career is over.

If he goes to Bama he will probably wind up more as a hybrid QB, running out the wildcat and potentially a wide out. Georgia is not known for dual threat QBs either. Lousiville would be a good option for him as well, with Petrino there.

Agree we have better options for 2017.

I wonder if Jawon knows how many QB's uat has on their roster now. Oh yeah, I hop Jawon knows how many QB commitments they have for 2016. Saying all of that, I'll be surprised if he doesn't buy all of their spin and commits to uat.

I wonder if Jawon knows how many QB's uat has on their roster now. Oh yeah, I hop Jawon knows how many QB commitments they have for 2016. Saying all of that, I'll be surprised if he doesn't buy all of their spin and commits to uat.

The access to the inner dialogue is fascinating.

The access to the inner dialogue is fascinating.

We are truly fortunate.

Archived