2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is still a guy that we can pull late if we decide to take 2 QB's in this class. I wouldn't have said that if he had committed to UAT.

Wonder why Gus and Rhett didn't push harder to get Jawon's commitment. Oh well, At least he didn't sign with that team across the state.

We need a big time commitment since Jawon passed on Auburn.

We really were not going after Pass hard in the last few months. This is not a bad thing for us. We will take 1 QB this year and hopefully 2 next. It would be crazy good to get both Lowell N and Jake B.

Yeah, I saw that and laughed. Kid still has a sore spot for AU by making a cheap comment about how Gus and company couldn't get him to the next level, good riddance

Long time before February, and, if JJ has a breakout season and ends up entering the draft, then Pass may reconsider how well Auburn prepares QBs.

Bottomline is Pass is a long-way from being field-ready in the SEC. Probably a 3-year project before he would see serious action no matter where he went in the SEC. I think that was a major factor in his decision.

By the time Pass is a junior or senior though, he could be one of the better QBs in the country. Not sure about the situation at UL, but he probably has a clearer route to PT there.

Now, if we could only get Jacobs to tie up Louisville for that 2018 opening, things would really get interesting.

Probably only taking one QB this year. I get the impression the kid is a-little but hurt because we didn't go after him harder!

UAT did, and didn't get him!

We really were not going after Pass hard in the last few months. This is not a bad thing for us. We will take 1 QB this year and hopefully 2 next. It would be crazy good to get both Lowell N and Jake B.

^^This^^ imo

Almost choked when I read his quote. I don't worry when an AU target decides to go elsewhere....but my gosh, at least show a little class and try to refrain from dissing the other schools in the process. But....guess that's what you get out of 18 year olds sometimes.

Wish him well at UL...and JMO but did not see him stepping in front of any one of our current QB crop.

Petrino is really turning out pro QBs too ... ha. He did well in getting Campbell back on track as sophomore, but Borges propelled him to the NFL. The only other pro QB I can think of from Petrino is Mallett.

Long time before February, and, if JJ has a breakout season and ends up entering the draft, then Pass may reconsider how well Auburn prepares QBs.

Bottomline is Pass is a long-way from being field-ready in the SEC. Probably a 3-year project before he would see serious action no matter where he went in the SEC. I think that was a major factor in his decision.

By the time Pass is a junior or senior though, he could be one of the better QBs in the country. Not sure about the situation at UL, but he probably has a clearer route to PT there.

Now, if we could only get Jacobs to tie up Louisville for that 2018 opening, things would really get interesting.

yeah no kidding. That's a really dumb comment by him. I mean if that's a reason then sitting on Alabama's bench was not going to help him, hence the UL pick. Koach Kiffins Korner hasn't done much outside of one and it's really about even across that draft board if you want to analyze it. However, UL may give him the best shot to be a playmaker but don't say it's to get you to the pros

don't we open with UL this year? I would love to see us hang 500+ passing yards on them..................... with finesse. LOL

I will say that I would like to have had him because by the time any of these guys play at Auburn (behind Jeremy, and probably Sean) he may be the best of the players we are looking at. But I am happy with who we have and love this next class. Best of luck to him. I think he made the right choice.

Petrino is really turning out pro QBs too ... ha. He did well in getting Campbell back on track as sophomore, but Borges propelled him to the NFL. The only other pro QB I can think of from Petrino is Mallett.

Bridgewater was pretty good too...

Sounds like a guy who is either listening to the wrong voices or not pleased we backed off of him.

Evidence proves Gus makes QBs.

Bridgewater was pretty good too...

Charlie strong was coach then right?

Archived