4 star OG/OT Braden Smith

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right E!! Didn't know you were a Math major or did get that from Stat Tiger?

I'm a poker player and completely bust the curve on the probability part of Business Cal 2 with a 105 average. Many in the class hated me.

You're right E!! Didn't know you were a Math major or did get that from Stat Tiger?

I'm a poker player and completely bust the curve on the probability part of Business Cal 2 with a 105 average. Many in the class hated me.

No, say it ain't so E! :)

E, that is pretty close to what I am saying.

Odds are we will get two out of the three. Getting all three is about 60%.

If we look at the 247 Crystal Balls, that is pretty close to what the so called experts are predicting.

Evans = 95%

Smith =38%

Andrews=88%

Average these predictions up, and rounding up, 60% is pretty darn close.

That was you!?!? :)

Could be a good morning for auburn!!!

Oh it will be. It will be!

R Evans, B Smith, and A Williams will all three be signing with Auburn you can bank on it. There should also be one or two more surprises in store.

Don't bank on anything in recruiting...but the odds look good.

See, I would just quote Han and say "never tell me the odds" and leave it alone. And now I feel like a dumb as* because there was much bigger thinking going on in this thread.

If we look at the 247 Crystal Balls, that is pretty close to what the so called experts are predicting.

Evans = 95%

Smith =38%

Andrews=88%

Averaging is not the correct method for finding probability of 3 independent events. The simplest accurate method for determining prob of independent events occurring is multiplying the %s together if you have %s. In this case 95% * 88% * 38%=31.768%

Evans = 95%

Smith =38%

Andrews=88%

Averaging is not the correct method for finding probability of 3 independent events. The simplest accurate method for determining prob of independent events occurring is multiplying the %s together if you have %s. In this case 95% * 88% * 38%=31.768%

Burn! ;D

Everything's 50/50 according to gospel of Pat Dye. Seriously I feel a little better now that KN has flipped his Crystal Ball to AU. I thought Keith would probably wait until after the TCU visit, say on Sunday or Mon..

Evans = 95%

Smith =38%

Andrews=88%

Ok, I'm impressed now. Can somebody fire up a quadratic equation for us please? :)

Evans = 95%

Smith =38%

Andrews=88%

Ok, I'm impressed now. Can somebody fire up a quadratic equation for us please? :)

Lin Dif EQ FTW!

Evans = 95%

Smith =38%

Andrews=88%

Lin Dif EQ FTW!

Evans = 95%

Williams = 85%

Smith = 75%

There, now the 60% thing works (or roughly 60.5%, rather)

Evans = 95%

Smith =38%

Andrews=88%

Lin Dif EQ FTW!

Evans = 95%

Williams = 85%

Smith = 75%

Yes, but with independent events, how are you accounting for standard deviation and to what are you normalizing the numbers to? jk :)

nerds..............................

and I love math. just don't recall ever talking about it over football. lol

Evans = 95%

Smith =38%

Andrews=88%

Lin Dif EQ FTW!

Evans = 95%

Williams = 85%

Smith = 75%

Yes, but with independent events, how are you accounting for standard deviation and to what are you normalizing the numbers to? jk :)

Lol. Honestly at this point in the game, percentages are even more dubious than they normally are as I am pretty sure all three of these kids have all but made up their minds at this point. We just don't know the outcome yet, a la Schrodinger's cat.

Braden Smith is a curious case as he is so tight lipped. Obviously there are the reports about his HS coach riding Gus/Auburn's jock but most of the positive AU feeling stems from the relationship Grimes has with Smith and his family as well as how he acted on the trip to Auburn. People truly felt that if NSD was the Monday after he left, he would have signed with Auburn.

I read that he initially contacted Auburn to express his interest. Also that he's declined over 50 schools. Says a lot about AU and our coaches.

We are looking good to sign Smith Wednesday.

Good to hear it! I'm pretty sure about Evans, so Smith was the one I was worried out since our whole OL will be leaving in a year or 2

Evans = 95%

Smith =38%

Andrews=88%

Lin Dif EQ FTW!

Evans = 95%

Williams = 85%

Smith = 75%

Lol. Honestly at this point in the game, percentages are even more dubious than they normally are as I am pretty sure all three of these kids have all but made up their minds at this point. We just don't know the outcome yet, a la Schrodinger's cat.

E's equation assumes that the trio of changes/calculations are all equal. Since the odds are showing that we get 2 or the 3. we get two thirds. 2/3 =66%.

Using E's formula, he is equating all of the candidates as having an equal chance of committing. He applies this overall summation to all of the candidates equally. Mathematically, he is correct in his summations, but if we get two of the three using his calculations, we had achieved a 62% (dropping the decimal point). That is pretty close to my original 60% (allowing for some variance).

I firmly believe we get two out of the three. If we get all three (which I would love), moot point. However, I stand by my belief that we will get at least two out of the three or 60-66% change of getting them all.

Archived