4 star OG/OT Braden Smith

EagleDamnWar

if ellitor, WDE, 23, ect, stop posting recruiting info, then I am outa' here....there will be no reason to come to this board any longer

I'm down with what Tom said. The incessant yammering against those that bring quality info to this board is unacceptable. Warn them and if they keep it up, BAN 'EM!!!!!

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something that allows them to post their recruiting information but solves the problem Bird and WDE are expressing. I was thinking of just a thread reserved for them, that only they could post in. Seems like a lot of work for you to move posts around. Maybe RiR has an idea.

Not at all. I check their post histories every day anyway and insider info is not posted that often. It's really simple to keep up with and would actually save me a lot of time in the long run because I would not have to remind people what the latest is when they ask about a recruit. See the pinned and locked The Inside Word thread at the top. There is up to date summed info in the OP but future posts will be quote and pastes from me or another Mod or the Mod Insiders putting in their own stuff

That looks good. It's good for the insiders to post info unfettered and good for us to get a quick look at their latest info on a recruit. excellent

"The Rumor" is that Smith's sister is on the track team at TCU and is interested in transferring to Auburn. Like all internet rumors believe it at your own risk.

Also, why anybody would be reluctant to post this as a rumor puzzles me. Why not just go ahead and say stuff like this? It's not like you're leaking info that concerns national security.

LOL, totally agree. Sports message board posters that play the covert, black ops, super secret info card are pathetically hilarious.

wde

I'll just keep the info private and pm the recruiting info to people now on.

When you put real info on here it is greatly appreciated. When you (or anyone else) posts something like "and there is something else working in AU's favor" without continuing and explaining what it is that is working in AU's favor then that is irritating. If it really is info that shouldn't be posted on a message board, then why the tease?

wde

I like the idea of the locked thread at the top. Just don't go and disappear on us like you did a while back, E. You know we love ya.

I like the idea of the locked thread at the top. Just don't go and disappear on us like you did a while back, E. You know we love ya.

Totally agree. I very much like that idea as well. No jokes, no *itch sessions, just info.

wde

I like the idea of the locked thread at the top.

x1000

Fantastic idea, long overdue. I hope it becomes a staple for the forum like WEAU's Recruiting Board threads. Thank you very much for doing this.

Lol @ this stuff. I'm confused, I still don't even know what was said to make people mad? The thought pming everybody is hilarious though. It's the internet ALL info will get out eventually anyway.

And how would you become an insider? Application? What if you're a very good scout and you catch guys under the radar, section for that?

This is about the only site I go to for AU info and I appreciate the inside info provided by some. What I don't understand is why the 'insiders' are mad or whatever it is they are, that makes them appear to be saying they may very well take their ball and go home. Jeez! Really?

My 2 cents says post what you got and ignore whoever or whatever is bothering you(s).

This is about the only site I go to for AU info and I appreciate the inside info provided by some. What I don't understand is why the 'insiders' are mad or whatever it is they are, that makes them appear to be saying they may very well take their ball and go home. Jeez! Really?

My 2 cents says post what you got and ignore whoever or whatever is bothering you(s).

I guess I missed the whole issue, but this is a message board. If people don't post info because their "sources" are being questioned then there wouldn't be much to talk about. The isn't the New York Times, it's a semi-public forum, read what people have to say and take it or leave it. If you want sources then go find them yourself, but there are posters on here who know what they are talking about. Maybe that is not at all the issue....but can we just talk about Smith now?

"The Rumor" is that Smith's sister is on the track team at TCU and is interested in transferring to Auburn. Like all internet rumors believe it at your own risk.

Also, why anybody would be reluctant to post this as a rumor puzzles me. Why not just go ahead and say stuff like this? It's not like you're leaking info that concerns national security.

LOL, totally agree. Sports message board posters that play the covert, black ops, super secret info card are pathetically hilarious.

wde

I'll just keep the info private and pm the recruiting info to people now on.

When you put real info on here it is greatly appreciated. When you (or anyone else) posts something like "and there is something else working in AU's favor" without continuing and explaining what it is that is working in AU's favor then that is irritating. If it really is info that shouldn't be posted on a message board, then why the tease?

wde

Because, some info that is given to those in the know, cannot be given in full without violating the trust of that source, and thus losing them. I for one would much rather hear from WDEWDE or aus23 that we are in good shape with recruit x, but they can't tell us why, then hear nothing at all. Most info worth hearing comes out in due time, but I like knowing what to expect, even if I don't know exactly why yet.

And if you can't handle the "tease", then leave.

War Damn Braden Smith!

wde

Well that is something you will just have to learn to get over. WDEWDE or any other insider can only say what their sources say they can. Do you know what happens if they say more than sources want? No more insider info fore them or for us to read. I understand the feel teased part but with credible insiders best thing is to just trust them at their word. They have earned that much from us.

wde

Well that is something you will just have to learn to get over. WDEWDE or any other insider can only say what their sources say they can. Do you know what happens if they say more than sources want? No more insider info fore them or for us to read. I understand the feel teased part but with credible insiders best thing is to just trust them at their word. They have earned that much from us.

Yep.

I have an idea but I will let Pops, Bird, and WDEWDE answer that if they choose to since they're providing the info and know how they see things.

So is he visiting anywhere this weekend? Rivals thinks we are 3rd behind both the Texas schools....

TCU this weekend but the thought is they are slipping. Also I would not generalize Rivals as a whole from Mike Farrell's picks. He is not very good there.

wde

Actually I am "over it", but I have no problem calling out anyone who I feel is being foolish/silly. I totally understand they can only say what their sources tell them and I am fine with that, but the teasing part makes them less credible because it is a "look at me, I know something you don't know and I am not going to tell you" game that should be beneath a "true insider" or Mod.

wde

Did somebody call somebody else a liar or something? I missed it

Nope. I just know WDEWDE in particular is just tired of the neverending portion hysteria of our fanbase. And to be honest continuing this derailing for the last few pages since he posted probably does not help matters at all.

wde

Actually I am "over it", but I have no problem calling out anyone who I feel is being foolish/silly. I totally understand they can only say what their sources tell them and I am fine with that, but the teasing part makes them less credible because it is a "look at me, I know something you don't know and I am not going to tell you" game that should be beneath a "true insider" or Mod.

wde

So you'd rather hear nothing? Because that's easy to do. There is an "x" at the top right corner of your browser that will be able to assist you.

wde

wde

You have a right to your opinion but as a whole it is illogical to assume that everyone who has info and gives hints or teases as you call it is doing so as a look at me thing. Not everybody posts with an everybody look at me mentality. If you look at WDEWDE's post history in particular you should see fairly easily his only motives have been to help the readers and members of this message board. As I said above it's probably best this topic stops here or it may push him to leave for good.

Now let's get back to Brandon Smith people.

the best thing for everyone to do is subcribe to a pay site so they will know if info is premium or not before they post. i just pass on what i read here and their or hear from someone else. then post on the site if its not been posted. just try to contribute when i can.whats wrong with trying to contribute thats what built these sites up with alot of people following it.

Better yet. I am locking this thread til there is new development on Braden Smith or a day which ever comes first. People need to time to chill.

almost as funny as those that beg for it and then criticize the manner in which it comes.

Reason why I don't put but maybe a 1/4 of the info on here. This place is lucky people do put info here. I for one am getting a little tired of this nonsense. Just might pm the info for now on.

I wish they would have a locked thread at the top, reserved for only insiders, where you could pass certain recruiting information along.

I've been thinking that very thing for a week or two. And I think it could and should be done.

Archived