4 star OG/OT Braden Smith

EagleDamnWar

Just wanted to make a note for anyone that hasn't seen it that his announcement time has moved to 10:20AM CT. That's gonna be a busy hour.

@jeremycrabtree: Because of the snow storm in KC, #ESPN300 OL Braden Smith's decision on @ESPNU has moved to 11:20 ET. #TCU, #Auburn, #Aggies. #SigningDay

So 10am Evans announcement and 10:20am Smith Announcement? Yowza!!

Evans is 10:45. I don't know why so many other sites are not correcting themselves after ESPNU posted times.

IMHO there's a reason when recruits change their announcement time, it's rarely arbitrary, and it frequently means they're looking to see what happens at a particular school. With the "Evans not signing w/ Bama if they sign 2" ultimatum we can guess that's why he's waiting. But I'm struggling to see what Braden's looking at that might make up his mind this morning. Thoughts? Any word re Treon?

Evans time was never changed. He was always announcing at 10:45. The ceremony just starts around 10 and people were incorrectly reporting that as his announcement time. Braden's was changed to 10:20 because of a bad snow storm.

Are you sure about this....45 minute announcement ceremony seems unusual?

Probably for all the recruits at Auburn High not just Evans.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to make a note for anyone that hasn't seen it that his announcement time has moved to 10:20AM CT. That's gonna be a busy hour.

@jeremycrabtree: Because of the snow storm in KC, #ESPN300 OL Braden Smith's decision on @ESPNU has moved to 11:20 ET. #TCU, #Auburn, #Aggies. #SigningDay

So 10am Evans announcement and 10:20am Smith Announcement? Yowza!!

Evans is 10:45. I don't know why so many other sites are not correcting themselves after ESPNU posted times.

IMHO there's a reason when recruits change their announcement time, it's rarely arbitrary, and it frequently means they're looking to see what happens at a particular school. With the "Evans not signing w/ Bama if they sign 2" ultimatum we can guess that's why he's waiting. But I'm struggling to see what Braden's looking at that might make up his mind this morning. Thoughts? Any word re Treon?

Evans time was never changed. He was always announcing at 10:45. The ceremony just starts around 10 and people were incorrectly reporting that as his announcement time. Braden's was changed to 10:20 because of a bad snow storm.

Are you sure about this....45 minute announcement ceremony seems unusual?

Not really. Some of these ceremonies seem to go on forever, especially if others from his school are signing as well. A lot of times the "lesser" recruits will go in order and announce first, followed by whoever the big dog is announcing last. I have no idea if Smith alone is signing from his school or others are as well, but regardless, 45 minutes isn't necessarily unusual. Some of these kids just like to enjoy their minute in the spotlight as long as they can.

Update from Kansas...

Roads are pretty decent, once you get out of neighborhoods. Sun is out, which will help things a lot. I don't anticipate another delay. Also, per an email I got this morning, from a teammate's mom, because school is out, they opened the signing to the general public. Hopefully we will have an Auburn presence to cheer for Braden's decision.

Update from Kansas...

Roads are pretty decent, once you get out of neighborhoods. Sun is out, which will help things a lot. I don't anticipate another delay. Also, per an email I got this morning, from a teammate's mom, because school is out, they opened the signing to the general public. Hopefully we will have an Auburn presence to cheer for Braden's decision.

Appreciate the update.

Archived