4 star OG/OT Braden Smith

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent job by the coaches getting this guy from the edges of the Earth to Auburn. Apparently Kansas is an easier recruiting venue than Auburn High?

Excellent job by the coaches getting this guy from the edges of the Earth to Auburn. Apparently Kansas is an easier recruiting venue than Auburn High?

Future farmers are easier to recruit than Rashaan Evanses.

That said, it's poor form to try to turn a celebratory thread into yet another one whining about the fish we didn't catch. Do that elsewhere.

Braden Smith will knock many bama LBs on their butts before he's done on the Plains. I am very much looking forward to witnessing that.

Future farmers are easier to recruit than Rashaan Evanses.

That said, it's poor form to try to turn a celebratory thread into yet another one whining about the fish we didn't catch. Do that elsewhere.

Braden Smith will knock many bama LBs on their butts before he's done on the Plains. I am very much looking forward to witnessing that.

+1 to laying out linebackers across the SEC!

I'm not saying I would not like to have had Evans but for me this is a bigger get than Evans was a miss. 2010 and 2013 were about exceptional QB play, exceptional RB play and exceptional O line play. Gus=Offense=Big-good O-Line=Wins. I was a lineman and I love Linemen.

WAR EAGLE BRADEN - YOU ARE MY BOY!!!!

This guy looks like my kind of kid. I understand his sister is a thrower for TCU track. Hard work is in his genetics. Glad to have him on board

Top100 OL Braden Smith commits to #Auburn: College coaches have told me he's the top OL in the country

@SWiltfong247

I believe it! He is so MOBILE! You read about his weight lifting and strength, but you look at the film and this kid is agile, mobile and hostile. Great get!

6'6", 300lbs with less than 5% body fat. Is that right? Dayum, what has this kid been eating? There aren't many physical specimen like this anywhere but this kid is only 17 or 18 years old and already benches 515 3x. From purely a physical stand point, I don't recall Auburn signing a kid like this....ever!

Reminds me a lot of Westerman. Big gym-rat of an OL with almost no body fat coming across the country to play at AU. The similarities are striking...

Am I the only one who really wants him to gain about 20 lbs and turn into the nastiest pulling guard you've ever seen? Think about the holes this guy could open up come his junior year...

Will he also continue his track career?

He and the coaches are still "working out the details" on that. Historically, AU isn't too fond of football players playing another sport...

6'6", 300lbs with less than 5% body fat. Is that right? Dayum, what has this kid been eating? There aren't many physical specimen like this anywhere but this kid is only 17 or 18 years old and already benches 515 3x. From purely a physical stand point, I don't recall Auburn signing a kid like this....ever!

I have a friend who works for the City of Olathe, and once his measurables came out in the news, he was literally the talk of the town. A kid like this is rare, but even more so in KC, which isn't known as a bastion of fitness. Once more, I hear that his character is top notch. Auburn got a great recruit. I can't wait to get to know his family at the local club events.

I have a friend who works for the City of Olathe, and once his measurables came out in the news, he was literally the talk of the town. A kid like this is rare, but even more so in KC, which isn't known as a bastion of fitness. Once more, I hear that his character is top notch. Auburn got a great recruit. I can't wait to get to know his family at the local club events.

Definitely got a great recruit who, based on what Gus said about him, is exactly the kind of guy they want in the program. That's pretty high praise IMO. Incredible measurables.

This is the kind of kid that will certainly raise the bar of competition in the weight room. He will challenge his team mates to work out just like he does and that is a great thing.

Archived