2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

UT has a lot to offer a kid, it's not a stretch to see them landing some big recruits at this point. They are obviously not on the level as the big boys right now but let's not pretend they are UK or something. They will be back at some point.

I agree with this. Although the kids looking at colleges now don't know anything more about Tennessee than the Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley eras.

Definitely not complaining, especially if we are going to be matched up head to head with them in recruiting battles.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UT has a lot to offer a kid, it's not a stretch to see them landing some big recruits at this point. They are obviously not on the level as the big boys right now but let's not pretend they are UK or something. They will be back at some point.

I agree with this. Although the kids looking at colleges now don't know anything more about Tennessee than the Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley eras.

Definitely not complaining, especially if we are going to be matched up head to head with them in recruiting battles.

If Phil Fulmer could go out and recruit nationally 4 and 5 star players then so can Jones. Within the next 3 years TN will be at the top of the east & will be competing for SEC championships each & every year. GA, USCe & FL are all trending down IMO.

If we're head-to-head with them in recruiting, that should tell you they will be back among the SEC elite soon (unless the only thing Butch Jones can do is recruit). I can see them pushing Bama in the next couple of years.

If Phil Fulmer could go out and recruit nationally 4 and 5 star players then so can Jones. Within the next 3 years TN will be at the top of the east & will be competing for SEC championships each & every year. GA, USCe & FL are all trending down IMO.

With the in state recruiting bases they have, Georgia and Florida won't trend down for long, barring coaching incompetence.

First, I enjoy watching Tennessee writhe in the mud, but if I'm being rational we need them to be a very good program so they at least threaten Bama and Georgia. Right now Tennessee isn't helping us at all in the great war against Sauro... I mean Saban.

Second, we need to do away with the "they will be back because they were once great" rhetoric. That's not great analysis, and it is entirely possible for a great program to have their foundation destroyed. It's clear that the TN recruiting pipelines were compromised in the early 2000's for various reasons and to compound the issue their AD was a mess (may still be). They seem to be working out their recruiting issues as they will have to do if they ever want to be relevant again, but it's not a given they will right the ship. Yes, they have a lot of fans and that is probably enough for any program to have a fighting chance at greatness, but the other great program catalyst is revenue, and I have heard they are struggling in that department.

To be perfectly honest, I agree with A4E somewhat. I believe UT is on the rise and will contend in the East. Over the past few seasons they have gotten some pretty good athletes. I'm not claiming UT to win a NC or the SEC championship but the program is on the rise IMO

Well I'll be damn I've seen everything now. My life is complete

Guest jojo1515

Finally, someone agreed with me about something.

I whole heartedly disagree with every aspect of this statement.

To be perfectly honest, I agree with A4E somewhat. I believe UT is on the rise and will contend in the East. Over the past few seasons they have gotten some pretty good athletes. I'm not claiming UT to win a NC or the SEC championship but the program is on the rise IMO

Well I'll be damn I've seen everything now. My life is complete

Funny Guy ^^^^

Tenn will struggle until they get a legit QB. Gibson doesn't fit their system and will be a mistake if he ends up there.

How does TG not fit their run/pass QB/ spread system when Butch Jones has the players he wants in place? From an athletic QB stand point it's not much different than tOSU's.

Finally, someone agreed with me about something.

So I am nobody? Thanks for nothing!

:Insertgifoftonguestickingout:

I have to agree with A4E as well.....sigh..... =)

If TG doesn't go to AU I would not mind seeing him at UT - if for no other reason than UT needs a QB like this to be legit and force uat to play another quality opponent each season. Its not like we would have to face TG outside of the SECCG.

Noticed a coupld of CB predictions to TN over on 247 today. Wonder what's up with that.

Noticed a coupld of CB predictions to TN over on 247 today. Wonder what's up with that.

Tennessee is after Gibson hard. They are telling him he is the QB to bring their program back to the limelight. This is going to be a interesting race with UT and Ohio State, along with the University of Auburn (Ha ha).

Some friends of mine in Ft. Lauderdale told me that Torrance reminds them of Cam.

they might be on to something... Any of your friends ever do any scouting? I don't believe I have ever heard that comparison..

I expect a few ups and downs in his recruitment, but in the end I think he signs with AU.

No link, just an opinion.

I think some require a link to an opinion. In that case always quote "the missing link".

Way too early to even have a feeling with this recruitment IMO. Pure speculation at best which serves no real purpose. This will just have to play out a bit before I would venture even a semi-educated guess. Gotta love the off season.

To be honest, I don't understand why we're not number one on his list. I know it's early in the cycle and blah blah blah, but he fits the mold perfectly for our offense. His talent would shine in the offense that AU runs!

To be fair, Ohio State looks for basically the same exact type of QBs that AU does. He would be used in essentially the same way at Ohio State as he would at Auburn. And put up comparable stats. In fact, his stats at Ohio State could even end up better because they play such weak competition.

Archived