2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bleacher Report is now saying that Ohio State is out of the picture for Torrance Gibson and that they are looking elsewhere.

http://bleacherrepor...ey-look-to-next

If you listen to the video, the guy from Bleacher reports says it will still come down to Tennessee and Ohio State for Gibson. He did not mention AU. The interviewer said Gibson was a heavy Tennessee lean.

Looks like it's time to jump ship guys. Go ahead and move this thread to the Rivals forum.

Bleacher Report is now saying that Ohio State is out of the picture for Torrance Gibson and that they are looking elsewhere.

http://bleacherrepor...ey-look-to-next

If you listeen to the video, the guy from Bleacher reports says it will still come down to Tennessee and Ohio State for Gibson. He did not mention AU. The interviewer said Gibson was a heavy Tennessee lean.

I dont see how it will come down to tennessee and ohio state when auburn was above ohio state in TG's list.

Looks like it's time to jump ship guys. Go ahead and move this thread to the Rivals forum.

Not sure if serious......

I think it was not serious, I think he was responding to my reply. I was only repeating what Bleacher Report interview said, which was that Gibson would com down between Tennessee and Ohio State, and that Ohio State does not lead, that Tennessee had a big lead for Gibson.

That said, WDE thinks we are in goode shape fro Gibson, and the bottom line might be that how accurate and up to dat is Bleacher Report.

I think it was not serious, I think he was responding to my reply. I was only repeating what Bleacher Report interview said, which was that Gibson would com down between Tennessee and Ohio State, and that Ohio State does not lead, that Tennessee had a big lead for Gibson.

That said, WDE thinks we are in goode shape fro Gibson, and the bottom line might be that how accurate and up to dat is Bleacher Report.

Not serious at all. Also not trying to be an A$$ JFD. Just joking. I have no worries at all in this staff. High school football players across the country love the offense that AU runs, if we want a player that badly, this staff will do everything they can to get him. TG could very well be an Auburn Tiger come February... In 8 months.

Out of curiosity, when is the last time that Auburn signed to highly rated QB's ou of high school in the same class to in theory compete with one another for the job? Seems like its been something that's been talked about in a couple of years, but hasn't really happened that I can remember?

Out of curiosity, when is the last time that Auburn signed to highly rated QB's ou of high school in the same class to in theory compete with one another for the job? Seems like its been something that's been talked about in a couple of years, but hasn't really happened that I can remember?

Within the last 5 recruiting classes, 2012 and 2013 were the only two classes that had two QBs sign with AU. 2012 being Zeke Pike and Jonathan Wallace, Zeke was semi highly rated, while JWall was a 3 star. 2013 had Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson. JJ was a 4 star, while NM was a 3 star. If we can pull TG to Auburn or Lamar Jackson to Auburn, the 2015 class will be the first class to feature two highly rated QBs in the same class. Tyler Queen being the other QB.

Bleacher Report is garbage. It's like the TMZ of sports journalism. That was its m.o. in getting jumpstarted, and it's become popular almost solely based on the fact that it purports to scoop everyone.

Since it seems we're going after 2 QB's for the 2015 class, who do have the best shot of getting to go with Tyler Queen.

Torrance Gibson or Kai Locksley?

Very important to get Gibson to Auburn for Big Cat Weekend. He was scheduled for A-Day, but he didn't make it. Two "no-shows" in a row wouldn't be a good sign. I think next weekend will make a huge impact on Gibson if he visits.

Just read where he didn't get to play in his schools spring game for disciplinary reasons. I'm on my phone and don't know how to paste a link.

Just read where he didn't get to play in his schools spring game for disciplinary reasons. I'm on my phone and don't know how to paste a link.

Here ya go!

“@Safid_Deen: Five-star QB Torrance Gibson misses Plantation American Heritage spring game for disciplinary reasons http://bit.ly/1niej1i”

Here ya go!

"@Safid_Deen: Five-star QB Torrance Gibson misses Plantation American Heritage spring game for disciplinary reasons http://bit.ly/1niej1i"

red flag numero uno

Any odds he loses offers from this?

Think it obviously depends on details of the "altercation" (if that's indeed the reasoning), but my guess is he'll still keep a lot of the offers.

Only similar situation I can think of is Nathan Starks who got kicked from his high school for stealing (was debating ND/OU at the time from those inside the program) and had to transfer outside of NV to play his senior year. Those schools backed off for a little while, but came back later and he ended up signing with UCLA by the time it was all said and done.

Any odds he loses offers from this?

Think it obviously depends on details of the "altercation" (if that's indeed the reasoning), but my guess is he'll still keep a lot of the offers.

Only similar situation I can think of is Nathan Starks who got kicked from his high school for stealing (was debating ND/OU at the time from those inside the program) and had to transfer outside of NV to play his senior year. Those schools backed off for a little while, but came back later and he ended up signing with UCLA by the time it was all said and done.

All kinds of stuff coming out on this in the last couple of days. People on other sites are saying he will be transferring schools. Wait for BAMA to place him at Auburn High. JK

Ezekiel Pike? Is that you?

Lol, not exactly but these red flags are alarming

I'm sure Torrence is a great talent. I have sat backed and read many of the opinions written about him. Here is my opinion. I am young thereforeI use stuff like twitter on an everyday basis, and to me his antics have an air of "look at me, look at me." The problem with seeking attention usually means you get the attention, just not the way you want it. If you do the right things you will get the attention you want. I hope this situation works out for the best of everyone involved. Personally I like other QB's a bit more than TG.

Archived