2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

Jones has been recruiting well pitching the opportunity of playing time. That being said, seeing as OSU appears to be at #4 and us and UT seem to be #1&2, I like our chances at this point. Would love to wrap up TQ and TG, along with Kerryon Johnson and Jovon Robsinson and be done at QB and RB for this cycle

it appears that we won't be wrapping up TG for at least several months, and as for KJ and JR we will still have to be careful until they sign not to let nicky poison their minds, since I seriously doubt anything less than a restraining order could keep him from trying to flip those guys

Thats what he does.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he starts this kid as a true freshmen, I don't see that ending well. He can recruit, but he is still selling a dream, where as we have moved beyond that stage ATP. That said, who else is he going to put at QB in 2015 as it stands now?

If he starts this kid as a true freshmen, I don't see that ending well. He can recruit, but he is still selling a dream, where as we have moved beyond that stage ATP. That said, who else is he going to put at QB in 2015 as it stands now?

I mentioned this in another thread recently. Our coaches are now pushing quality downs to the recruits. They know we play several people at each position. It is not about getting all the plays, and being worn down to nothing at the end of your college career, it is about receiving opportunities to play, knowing that others will be playing too. I like this.

If Gibson is brought in to start at UT immediately, I agree with Dixie, it most likely will not end well. He needs to spend a lot of quality time with a good QB coach on getting throwing skills down. He has excellent potential, but he still needs a lot of coaching.

Tennessee picked up a 4 star dt quarterback last month, jauan Jennings. Tennessee recruited him as qb even though he is listed at athlete now. They seem to be looking for the next cam or manziel that will put life back in their offense. If only it was that easy

Is Butch Jones himself a good recruiter or does he have good recruiters on his staff?

last i checked they were trying to figure out if peyton would be eligible again if he retires

I don't get why so many recruits are looking at UT now. They have 6 straight seasons with 6+ losses. Simply not the program that they used to be.

Early playing time. That's a good sell esp. in the SEC.

I know one season does not make much of a base to make an opinion on; but maybe Jones recruits so well because he does not coach anyone on the field. I mean did you see his team last season? With the exception of the SCAR game they were terrible.

I know one season does not make much of a base to make an opinion on; but maybe Jones recruits so well because he does not coach anyone on the field. I mean did you see his team last season? With the exception of the SCAR game they were terrible.

Not sure that's fair to put on him yet. Remember the talent he inherited from Dooley was completely pathetic.

* Well isn't that special- my reaction to a high school player putting out a Top 15 list (even if AU is #2).

* Starting a True Freshman at QB in the SEC- a disservice to the player.

* Butch Jones and UT getting their act together- good for AU since they are the permanent cross division rival of the dark side.

* Well isn't that special- my reaction to a high school player putting out a Top 15 list (even if AU is #2).

* Starting a True Freshman at QB in the SEC- a disservice to the player.

* Butch Jones and UT getting their act together- good for AU since they are the permanent cross division rival of the dark side.

I did not think of the AL problem if UT got good again. I lived in Knoxville for 10 years shortly after I graduated so I do not normally think UT getting good is a great idea. I see your point though.

I believe Tennessee is on the up swing. I also see them winning the east in 2 or 3 years.

I believe Tennessee is on the up swing. I also see them winning the east in 2 or 3 years.

I don't see it, but for once, you said something that's not absurd. Georgia and USCe will be the favorites, with Florida in a coaching hot seat scenario, but no one expected Missouri to win it last year. If Jones keeps recruiting the way he is, UT could absolutely contend for the East. However, a guaranteed loss to UAT each year doesn't do them any favors.

They are in the upswing. Jones has been impressive. I think they will be competitive in the near future.

They are in the upswing. Jones has been impressive. I think they will be competitive in the near future.

They HAVE TO get a good QB in order to be competitive. Jones is a very good coach and has good assistants. But his future rides on having a good QB. And the same can be said at every SEC school.

TG tweeted today his fastest hand timed 40 is 4.37....I really want this kid

I don't see it, but for once, you said something that's not absurd. Georgia and USCe will be the favorites, with Florida in a coaching hot seat scenario, but no one expected Missouri to win it last year. If Jones keeps recruiting the way he is, UT could absolutely contend for the East. However, a guaranteed loss to UAT each year doesn't do them any favors.

Are you the same person who got SO offended by an Aggie joke last year?

Are you the same person who got SO offended by an Aggie joke last year?

I don't think so, but feel free to refresh my memory.

To be perfectly honest, I agree with A4E somewhat. I believe UT is on the rise and will contend in the East. Over the past few seasons they have gotten some pretty good athletes. I'm not claiming UT to win a NC or the SEC championship but the program is on the rise IMO

Anything is up from where UT has been these past couple years.

yup

i will say that i think they have a good coach. going to be interesting to see how he does over the next couple of years.

UT has a lot to offer a kid, it's not a stretch to see them landing some big recruits at this point. They are obviously not on the level as the big boys right now but let's not pretend they are UK or something. They will be back at some point.

Archived