2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

I'm told AU wants Gibson at safety. If he wants to be part of AU then it will be on AU terms. FWIW.

Wow! I thought we were done at safety?

This is another example of a school never being "done" at any position. If the right player comes along and wants to sign, room will be made to accommodate him. It is always thus, with every school.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm told AU wants Gibson at safety. If he wants to be part of AU then it will be on AU terms. FWIW.

Wow! I thought we were done at safety?

Not if we lose a recruit at star and Colbert moves up, right?

AU does not think they lose any of the 2015 guys.

And I should have put a big IF AU takes Gibson. Which I think they still would at safety.

Good to hear.

Indeed.

JMO, but Gibson is not coming to AU and that is fine with me.

I wish he would go to AU myself. He is an elite talent that needs some guidance. He would get that guidance from AU.

Me too, but if we are only offering him at safety, that's nonsense.

I'm definitely all for Gibson too. We have JJ and Sean White that should lock down the QB position for the next 4-5 years. If Gibson does not develop into a starting QB, then we use his elite talent elsewhere.

I'm still all for Gibson. We will work the position part out later. He is damn good athlete.

My thoughts exactly. If he's supposedly a take at safety, then off the field rumors can't be scaring our staff all that bad. And if we end up signing him, I struggle to believe he doesn't get a look at QB, especially with us missing on DF.

I say bring the kid in as safety. Let Mr. Russell have him for a redshirt year ... If he has been humbled and is a team player, move him to what "may" be his best position -WR- and hopefully he blossoms.

I know we just got Craig for 2016, but if we're taking TG I can't believe it isn't at WR. It almost feels like to me that by telling him we only want him at safety, we're either trying to tell him to politely move on without burning any bridges, or the staff is testing to see how much he's willing to do to end up at AU.

I'm not sold he's a take as of right now regardless.

I'm still all for Gibson. We will work the position part out later. He is a damn good athlete.

It is not going to happen. We need to move on. If any other school, say Ohio St, Tennessee, and Miami offer him as a QB, then he will go there. Someone is going to offer Gibson as a QB and apparently we are not. It is time to focus on the great 2016 QB's.

I liked this kid a lot, to begin with, and now it seems his biggest problem is the space between his ears. This kid seems to have an attitude that says "it is all about me". Unless he changes that he will be a problem for someone. I admit i don't really know the kid, i'm just going by what i hear out in the public, and i could and probably am wrong about him. I hope for his sake, i am. :dunno:

TG is not totally to blame for his view of the world. The term "product of his environment" has never been more appropriate. As I understand things, TG has mostly raised himself, but people have been willing to help him because of his athletic prowess. I would imagine some of those "helpers" have hurt more than they helped. WDEWDE nailed it when he said he needs the guidance he could get at AU. I hope for his sake wherever he goes they steer him towards humility and personal responsibility. Lest I fear we end up watching a long, drawn out train wreck.

TG is not totally to blame for his view of the world. The term "product of his environment" has never been more appropriate. As I understand things, TG has mostly raised himself, but people have been willing to help him because of his athletic prowess. I would imagine some of those "helpers" have hurt more than they helped. WDEWDE nailed it when he said he needs the guidance he could get at AU. I hope for his sake wherever he goes they steer him towards humility and personal responsibility. Lest I fear we end up watching a long, drawn out train wreck.

Well said.

Well said.

Yup. And it could be applied to soooooo many of these kids that fans paint as horrible human beings without taking even a second to pause and consider their circumstances.

I'm still all for Gibson. We will work the position part out later. He is damn good athlete.

My thoughts exactly. If he's supposedly a take at safety, then off the field rumors can't be scaring our staff all that bad. And if we end up signing him, I struggle to believe he doesn't get a look at QB, especially with us missing on DF.

He may or may not be a take at Safety. I don't know. When WDE said we were recruiting him at safety he never used the word "take" FWIW. Also there are numerous reports that we are barely recruiting TG at all now. WDE may know different there.

JFDTiger80, why don't you want us to sign Gibson?

I like his talent level as an elite level football talent. That being said, I am reading the signs. Gibson wants to play QB, we want him to be a safety. Some good D1 school will offer Gibson the chance to play D1 QB and we are not doing this. I doubt he comes to AU to play safety. He most likely will end up at Miami, UT or Ohio State if they offer the chance of him playing QB.

I like his talent level as an elite level football talent. That being said, I am reading the signs. Gibson wants to play QB, we want him to be a safety. Some good D1 school will offer Gibson the chance to play D1 QB and we are not doing this. I doubt he comes to AU to play safety. He most likely will end up at Miami, UT or Ohio State if they offer the chance of him playing QB.

Yes, but where is his future position if his talent helps him to get to the NFL? Wide Reciever...Safety? Maybe in the next 6 or 7 months he will figure out that his opportunity is greater in another area besides QB. I think our coaching staff could sell him on that if he is still even a take for us. Of course my knowledge of the situation is very limited.

Yes, but where is his future position if his talent helps him to get to the NFL? Wide Reciever...Safety? Maybe in the next 6 or 7 months he will figure out that his opportunity is greater in another area besides QB. I think our coaching staff could sell him on that if he is still even a take for us. Of course my knowledge of the situation is very limited.

To add to what I said before, our staff is not recruiting him hard anymore. He is getting way more attention elsewhere. Kids go to places that show them attention. Unless our staff decides to really pick up the pace a lot with Gibson, I can tell you we will not get him.

He can still change positions at whatever schools tells him they will take him as a QB, if need be. Happens all the time. If he wants to play QB, which he appears to want, then he will go try doing that somewhere.

To add to what I said before, our staff is not recruiting him hard anymore. He is getting way more attention elsewhere. Kids go to places that show them attention. Unless our staff decides to really pick up the pace a lot with Gibson, I can tell you we will not get him.

Well, someone tell Lashlee to get on it! I want Gibson on our side whether it be offensively or defensively.

This was only TG's first year ever playing QB. Don't be surprised if he sticks with it and commits to a school recruiting him as a QB.

Well, someone tell Lashlee to get on it! I want Gibson on our side whether it be offensively or defensively.

Yup. Lashlee and Craig will go after TG hard because that's what you want instead of what they want.

Don't take the post personally. It's a comical jab.

Archived