2015 4* ATH Torrance Gibson (Ohio State signee)

ellitor

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we pursuing solely as a QB or a similar stanc as Jason smith. You get a little time at QB then off to WR-ville?

He will not go somewhere if they even mention putting him at receiver. he is dead set on playing QB

This one is going to be close. AU is VERY much in it.

WDE, r we recruiting him as an athlete or a QB. R we recruiting Francois too?

I personally don't think we have a chance with this guy. Too much ego to come in and be the third string QB.

Not like Ohio St. has any clearer of a depth chart then we do. Barrett is a redshirt freshman. Jones is a sophomore. Heck, they've got a former Heisman candidate in Miller looking to transfer out of that log jam.

I personally don't think we have a chance with this guy. Too much ego to come in and be the third string QB.

Not like Ohio St. has any clearer of a depth chart then we do. Barrett is a redshirt freshman. Jones is a sophomore. Heck, they've got a former Heisman candidate in Miller looking to transfer out of that log jam.

I know what you mean. I would love to get the guy, there's just no way to tell.

QB but WM thinks he can be an elite safety. One of those get him to sign kids and work out where he plays later kid.

Not WDEWDE but my understanding is the same way as Jason Smith was recruited. First shot at QB to see what he can do but Athlete overall.

Not WDEWDE but my understanding is the same way as Jason Smith was recruited. First shot at QB to see what he can do but Athlete overall.

Which is a trait of this staff....and it works.

I'll be shocked if he signs with Auburn.

Knowing you feel this way makes me feel that much better about our chances of signing him.

Dumb question but since all of a sudden we are getting a ton of top D players visiting and if we are able to pull a major haul if we had to decide between him and one of the top D players which way would it go? By the way I would love to see us put in that position. My take is the D player because we are deeper at QB.

Dumb question but since all of a sudden we are getting a ton of top D players visiting and if we are able to pull a major haul if we had to decide between him and one of the top D players which way would it go? By the way I would love to see us put in that position. My take is the D player because we are deeper at QB.

Probably depends on who the D player is. Keep in mind that it's possible Gibson could wind up on D despite getting a shot at QB.

We ARE recruiting Francois now.

What happened that made us think Francois was back in the picture as an option? When he announced for Fsu, they already had 2 other QBs committed, but he liked them still more than AU. I was not in love with the way we were sort of played IMO when he committed. He is a talent though.

What happened that made us think Francois was back in the picture as an option? When he announced for Fsu, they already had 2 other QBs committed, but he liked them still more than AU. I was not in love with the way we were sort of played IMO when he committed. He is a talent though.

Don't know if anything specific happened. Not sure we ever really stopped recruiting him. Also think that the fact that FSU already has 2 other QB commits makes this a no-brainer.

Don't know if anything specific happened. Not sure we ever really stopped recruiting him. Also think that the fact that FSU already has 2 other QB commits makes this a no-brainer.

FWIW, one of those QBs (Kai Locksley) played WR in the Under Armour game.

He seems to really like Auburn and seems to always have

I see us getting this commit, we survived through Tenn being his leader then tOSU being his school of choice

Wonder if we are selling him an Athlete/Receiver Role... I hope we get this ultra talented kid.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/dual-threat_qb_torrance_gibson.html

Excerpts:

The dual-threat quarterback prospect from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., returned to Auburn for the first time in months this weekend for his official visit, and came away with plenty of positive things to say about the Plains.

"I sat in Gus Malzahn's office and he told me I'm his guy," Gibson said Sunday. "He wants me to come in and get a fair opportunity at playing quarterback. That's what he told me, and I believe him. Look what he did with Cam Newton in one year and Nick Marshall in two. Imagine what he could do with me in three."

"I would have no problem redshirting, but sitting two or three years -- that's not what I have to do. I want to come in, get a fair opportunity to play quarterback. I have a home visit with Coach Rhett Lashlee, Coach Gus Malzahn and Coach Urban Meyer in a few weeks, so we'll see what happens."

Archived