***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Unlikely also. He still plans to move on.

Agree and will be interesting to see where he ends up.  Just seems to me that our coaches and assistants are more highly regarded by the world at large than by AU fans..

Matthew 13:57

Just now, AU64 said:

Agree and will be interesting to see where he ends up.  Just seems to me that our coaches and assistants are more highly regarded by the world at large than by AU fans..

How so? 

2 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

WOW! With that being said, I'm thinking Herb Hand or maybe Tim Horton.?

I would hope TH...

13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

HH. 

interesting....a line coach as OC...kind of unusual ?   

45 minutes ago, AU64 said:

"Turns out, Notre Dame’s principles are every bit as malleable as the Miamis, the Auburns and all those other schools it’s looked down upon over the years." 

Not one word about Bama.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/11/22/brian-kelly-notre-dame-ncaa-violations-21-wins/94292314/

44 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

HH. 

Hate to hear that... If that comes to fruition, I sadly predict that Gus's time at Auburn will not be much longer. That's just doubling down on the same thing... unless he gets a rock star QB coach.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Hate to hear that... If that comes to fruition, I sadly predict that Gus's time at Auburn will not be much longer. That's just doubling down on the same thing... unless he gets a rock star QB coach.

A new QB coach would be exactly what we need.  A coaching slot would open up and Auburn might be able to get an up and coming QB coach, say Stidham's QB coach, on the payroll.  

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

A new QB coach would be exactly what we need.  A coaching slot would open up and Auburn might be able to get an up and coming QB coach, say Stidham's QB coach, on the payroll.  

Stidham's QB coach is KB. 

58 minutes ago, AU64 said:

interesting....a line coach as OC...kind of unusual ?   

Hand and Gus did alright at as co-OCs at Tulsa.

Genuine question for the board: Wasn't this the plan all along---CHH as a de facto co-OC/run-game coordinator and a QB coach to replace CLL?

WDE!

I wouldn't hate Herb Hand as the OC or co-OC. He's handled that role before, and honestly, the offenses he was a co-OC for had a better feel for the passing game than most of Gus' offenses.

The interesting question is who would come as QB coach.

53 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Stidham's QB coach is KB. 

Ok, who is Mond's QB coach?  It doesn't matter to me.

31 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I wouldn't hate Herb Hand as the OC or co-OC. He's handled that role before, and honestly, the offenses he was a co-OC for had a better feel for the passing game than most of Gus' offenses.

The interesting question is who would come as QB coach.

Tony Peterson, OC/QB Coach at East Carolina would be a good candidate. Their previous OC/QB Coach, is Lincoln Riley, now the OC at Oklahoma.

This is starting to sound like CTT round two...and I see no way the outcome will be better.:dunno:

• Like 1

i am not convinced Rhett is just leaving no matter what. if he does i welcome hand plus a qb coach as long as it isn't DC or Ensminger or Leoffler.

Edited by alexava

Herb is a awesome recruiter so I am fine with him being the OC. But yes the single most important thing if lashlee leaves is hiring a dynamic QB coach who is a great recruiter. this will be the single most important hire gus has had to make up to this point. We have got to stop the bleeding at qb recruiting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

i am not convinced Rhett is just leaving no matter what. if he does i welcome hand plus a qb coach as long as it isn't DC or Ensminger or Leoffler.

That is an interesting thought.  I don't know that he would come back under Malzahn, but odds are, Craig is going to need a job and I think he would actually be very good coaching QBs.  Wouldn't hurt to have him recruiting them either. Imagine the buzz if, a week or so after the season ends, Rhett leaves, Gus promotes Hand to OC and announced Craig is coming back... then a few days later Narcisse flips back to AU.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

That is an interesting thought.  I don't know that he would come back under Malzahn, but odds are, Craig is going to need a job and I think he would actually be very good coaching QBs.  Wouldn't hurt to have him recruiting them either. Imagine the buzz if, a week or so after the season ends, Rhett leaves, Gus promotes Hand to OC and announced Craig is coming back... then a few days later Narcisse flips back to AU.

@aujeff11 yuuuup this offseason is starting to turn in to 2015 all over again around this time. People have said the same thing about rhett leaving but I do not see it. It only took a couple of weeks for his star to completely diminish. I do not see a landing spot for him that he would want.

• Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

@aujeff11 yuuuup this offseason is starting to turn in to 2015 all over again around this time. People have said the same thing about rhett leaving but I do not see it. It only took a couple of weeks for his star to completely diminish. I do not see a landing spot for him that he would want.

I honestly don't know that he's going to have a choice... I also don't think his star has diminished outside of the Auburn faithful. The turn-around after game 3 is going to look very good to the mid-majors and lesser teams looking for an infusion of new talent, as is 55-0 with an offense decimated by injuries.