***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

I think we can make the pitch...

"Well you can play in Aggie Stadium next year.... when you lead Auburn to a victory over Texas A&M as our qb. "

That would be a sight to see. 

WDE. 

So ... waiting to announce commitment right after Bama wins SEC? That will be nice. 

:outtahere:

35 minutes ago, ClarkGriswold said:

You mean positivity like this? (sorry if paste is messed up)

Can't wait for you to hand me the ball ... Texas Speed ??????

Indeed 

• Like 3

I think with Stidham, we could have a really good season next year and the next.  Without him, I think we have a season similar to this one.  No knock on SW, but he is what he is.  Average to good QB.  We need a QB that can be a game changer.  I think Stidham could be that.  Really hoping he pulls the trigger for the good guys soon.  Best case scenario if we miss out on Stidham to Texas A&M is that Mond decides to come here, Barrett blows everyone away in spring drills and takes the QB spot for 2017 with Sean as his back up.  You at least have two good qb's in the wings with Mond and Gatewood.  Would just have to wait a couple of more years.  Who knows, Barrett could turn out to be an awesome qb.  We just do not know yet.  Too many unknowns at this point.  If Stidham does commit to AU, you then have to see what the ripple effects are with the other qb's.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ClarkGriswold said:

You mean positivity like this? (sorry if paste is messed up)

Can't wait for you to hand me the ball ... Texas Speed ??????

That is some weird encryption. 

My understanding at this point is that he was scheduled to have a phone call with Mazonne and Sumlin.  Depending on whether A&M really wanted him, think he is leading that way and would likely become an Aggie.  If no commitment from Aggies, is scheduled to have an in home visit with Malzahn next week.  Will know more when we hear (if we do), how the phone call went with A&M.  Who really knows at this point.  Hoping they want Mond more and are banking on him becoming the next thing at A&M.  Seems things rarely turn out good for AU in situations like this, but I am hoping for the best.  Come on Stidham....come to the good guys.

6 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Given they are not a P5 school and the tweets of JS saying he wants to play on Championship Saturday next year I don't think Houston would have been a threat to us with Briles. JMO.

6 hours ago, AUTiger2012 said:

To me that interview was a bit disheartening.  I mean assuming that was all accurate, the minute TAMU wants him, they will have him.  And AU is just banking on TAMU wanting mond more.

As of now Sumlin appears all in on wanting Mond & not JS. Let's just hope that does not change.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bg5 said:

So if we do get JS are there any other recruits out there that it would help us get knowing that for the next two years ( I assume if he is really good he won't be here all three years) we will be very good on Off.?

It will help with any skill players AU is recruiting. If he does pick AU I would hope his first call would be to Tarik Black.

5 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

I imagine that kind of thing is pretty common in recruiting.

WDE!

Yep. With only 25 schollies to go around each year for a school many recruits end up somewhere that was not initially their 1st choice.

2 hours ago, roe4christ said:

My understanding at this point is that he was scheduled to have a phone call with Mazonne and Sumlin.  Depending on whether A&M really wanted him, think he is leading that way and would likely become an Aggie.  If no commitment from Aggies, is scheduled to have an in home visit with Malzahn next week.  Will know more when we hear (if we do), how the phone call went with A&M.  Who really knows at this point.  Hoping they want Mond more and are banking on him becoming the next thing at A&M.  Seems things rarely turn out good for AU in situations like this, but I am hoping for the best.  Come on Stidham....come to the good guys.

That was Thursday. He never got the call.

I may be cautiously optimistic but unless something crazy changes I see him coming to us soon. Since he was wanting to be able to participate in bowl prep practices I don't see him taking very long to decide. Speaking of, do bowl practices start right after you know which bowl you're going to? 

2 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

I may be cautiously optimistic but unless something crazy changes I see him coming to us soon. Since he was wanting to be able to participate in bowl prep practices I don't see him taking very long to decide. Speaking of, do bowl practices start right after you know which bowl you're going to? 

Plans to commit after the dead period for mid year enrollies starts, which is December 12th. On your 2nd question it depends on the bowl and teams and academic calendar. Some start immediately. Some wait a week or 2. With AU having finals through the 9th I don't expect bowl prep to start til around the 12th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Plans to commit after the dead period for mid year enrollies starts, which is December 12th. On your 2nd question it depends on the bowl and teams and academic calendar. Some start immediately. Some wait a week or 2. With AU having finals through the 9th I don't expect bowl prep to start til around the 12th.

If that's the case, then I would love for him to skip the pomp and circumstance of an announcement and just enroll and show up at practice. That would be more epic than the hat game or tweet. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jared52 said:

If that's the case, then I would love for him to skip the pomp and circumstance of an announcement and just enroll and show up at practice. That would be more epic than the hat game or tweet. 

IDK. I'm really liking the Bleacher Report commit videos that have been going on the past couple of months.

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

IDK. I'm really liking the Bleacher Report commit videos that have been going on the past couple of months.

Not meaning to derail, but if you have not seen the bleacher report gridiron heights, it's worth a glance. 

This guy is exactly what we need to win the west. To beat Bama you gotta have an elite QB who can stretch the field vertically. This is the man to do that.

• Like 1