***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I start to put more blame on the offensive staff for this than the players.

Trust me, Malzahn receives more than ten times the blame from me than Sean. Sean chose Auburn. Gus is a journeyman coach with huge pay days. Not only that, given that we hired him for his playcalling and offensive prowess, I am ☝️ Georgia clusterf*** away from calling him a fraud.

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Gus isn't going anywhere so we need a QB that he actually wants to use as a weapon. Against A&M, their cornerbacks left their assignments way early just because they didn't respect the pass. That's the kind of fear that SW has been putting into great defenses for the past two years

MAKE OUR QBs GREAT AGAIN DAMMIT

And THAT'S what being excited about Stidham brings to this discussion. We desperately need a game changer at QB, not a game manager.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The same fan base that went crazy about jf3 the vandy and bammer games can't possibly be the same people that says oh it's his first game back....saying any other qb not named sw as if other qb's on this roster has gotten passes sw didn't is completely made up. But I really don't do "games" I watch the plays and if there is a problem within the game I talk about the plays but the Memphis game and really that pick against uga there aren't any excuses. But every qb makes mistakes and throw bad passes so I'm not going to kill him for it, but no I'm not going to say it happened because of an injury or he shouldn't be out there either...

Also so you know how many players that have probably played hurt and we didn't know about? How many dropped passes or fumbles because they probably couldn't feel their fingers and so on? So we probably owe alot of people apologies if we shouldn't blame sw for playing

Nobody is saying not blame SW for anything, but a severe shoulder injury as a QB, come on now...

Also Im probably with you on that I blame a lot of JF3 on the staff since they are the ones that broughtt him in from juco. He should've been more prepared with what he got in mop up duty and his packages, so he'd be more prepared to come in when needed. However my point was, if JF3 was injured and he was not, he would've had most of the people saying "he was injured" as well.

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I agree with alot of that but I can't agree just because he didn't throw a td he played bad. So even I said Kentucky and arky sucked, but I couldn't say he played bad against them. He didn't play bad those games at all

You're supposed to play well against inferior defenses.

In 11 P5 games when he's been healthy, what good teams has he led a victory over?

Memphis at 9-4? 0 TDs and 2 INTs. Jeremy freaking Johnson did most of the scoring.

LSU at 7-4? 0 TDs and 0 INTs. Daniel Carlson did ALL of the scoring.

30 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Really don't get what there is to not agree on with the games listed... 

First start, any other QB not named SW gets a break here

First game back from injury after a month off, again any other QB not named SW gets a break here

if SW is blamed for the Clemson game then I've lost faith in the fan base 

A&M I agree not a good game

No TDs against LSU but had 1-2 dropped, but 19-26 234 yards is pretty efficient.

its also pretty obvious that Sean shouldn't have been playing either UGA game due to injuries and about 90%+ of this board said the same thing during . Really do not get what is to disagree with here

While Sean is injury prone and I absolutely hate the falling away crap he does. He's a gamer and has my respect as a football player.

So you're satisfied with 8-win seasons?

Just now, cole256 said:

Lol some of you DEFINITELY were the kids that cried and ran and told in school

I was the kid that said, "here have my snack money, just don't tell the teacher."

Just now, VipersStrike1 said:

So you're satisfied with 8-win seasons?

Absolutely not and nowhere did I say that, but notice I placed a lot of blame on the offensive staff. My point was I think SW gets a lot of blame that he doesn't deserve. We had 2 QBs behind him that didn't look prepared to run the full offense when they were in the game, do they get blamed or the staff? I am more so Frustrated with our offensive staff in terms of game planning, play calling, development, and adjustments than I am with any of the qbs. I also said that I think Stidham is the starter if he comes here which was the whole discussion here anyway.

29 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I would not consider it hate if the posts were worded differently.  I am also not saying white over Stidham at all, if Stidham comes he i think he is the man. 

How else do you word factual statistics? Truth hurts.

So you're agreeing Stidham is a better QB than White. Then why continue to defend White as our starting QB to get us to ATL in 2017?

30 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Mods must be in a meeting this morning. 

Nope because bird keeps liking ANY post that defends White with inaccurate info and/or injury excuses in the TWO of 13 P5 games played. i.e. he's out of ammo.

33 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Offensive scheme and play calling were responsible for all four losses.  It doesn't matter who was playing QB.  We were destined to fail in those games.  UGA may be the only exception to that. 

Completely disagreed. Clemson, A&M and Georgia were all winnable with Stidham.

Just now, VipersStrike1 said:

How else do you word factual statistics? Truth hurts.

So you're agreeing Stidham is a better QB than White. Then why continue to defend White as our starting QB to get us to ATL in 2017?

This is exactly what I am talking about... the way you word your posts. I didn't say SW would be the starter for 2017, I said the exact opposite. I defend SW because he gets more blame than he deserves, I feel we should be frustrated more with our offensive staff than we should with SW because in the last 6 seasons of Gus' offense only Cam and Nick have succeeded at QB.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If I ever let myself present an argument that you could obliterate I'd ban myself off this board. Lol. Obliterate. I'm wouldn't even waste my time trying to explain to you that a 0 td/0int game couple actually be a very efficient game

"White has been injured in just about every game he's played bad in"

ELEVEN P5 games he's played healthy in.

5 TDs and 6 INTs

You were proven WRONG

Bye

*proverbial lol inserted*

First it was who's better: Sean or JJ.  Now it Sean vs Stidham? After this kid graduates it'll possibly be "Yeah, Stidham and Gatewood are awesome...but how would Sean White compare?" This is the bottom line: Sean is a very skilled qb but lacks accuracy on the deep ball and apparently durability. He can be very efficient (you don't lead the SEC in completion percentage if you're not a good QB....VIPER), but needs work on his mechanics. The fact of the matter is if Stidham is accurate (especially on the deep ball), can run faster, and hold up longer, he will be an upgrade to Sean. But that does not mean Sean is a bad QB

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, selias said:

Back to JS, please. I'm sure there are plenty of other threads discussing SW

Laughs. It seems every thread, from DEs to the holder, White gets raked over the coals.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Absolutely not and nowhere did I say that, but notice I placed a lot of blame on the offensive staff. My point was I think SW gets a lot of blame that he doesn't deserve. We had 2 QBs behind him that didn't look prepared to run the full offense when they were in the game, do they get blamed or the staff? I am more so Frustrated with our offensive staff in terms of game planning, play calling, development, and adjustments than I am with any of the qbs. I also said that I think Stidham is the starter if he comes here which was the whole discussion here anyway.

We're on the same page here.

White was the backup plan to Johnson. Should have never happened. Neither was going to or will ever get us to the SECCG. Staff's fault.

And THAT'S why the staff is emptying the arsenal to get Stidham.

16 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Completely disagreed. Clemson, A&M and Georgia were all winnable with Stidham.

UGA may have been winnable with JJ or JF3 playing in their element.  Clemson, A&M and uat play calling and offensive schemes were terrible.  Multiple QB changes and using an HBack as your wildcat will not win games for you. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

False. In 11 P5 games played when healthy, he's 6-5.

So he plays all 11 positions and is responsible for all facets of the football program?

• Like 2

I think we have beat this derailment as much as we can.  Let's move the Sean White and HC/OC discussions to another thread and get this one back on the topic of Jarrett Stidham.  Thanks guys. 

• Like 5