***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

1 minute ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Then why debate any if's on a forum? Why have a recruiting forum? We should save all comments until the first Wednesday of February.

Bottom line...our staff has Stidham leaning heavily to AU. That's as good as it gets at QB right now.

That was a good try, but unless somebody was debating you that js shouldn't play for Auburn you're having pointless arguments....I could come on and start saying how Tom Brady would be awesome in this offense. Now if/when js gets here and when the groupies come out saying how much better sw is than js (which would absolutely happen) then argue. But right now wtf are you even debating?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It really is quite a unique situation, I literally can't remember anything like it. You can't say sw hasn't showed promise, but at the same time so far he has been injured in just about every game he's played bad in.....so theoretically even though he's three years in the program it still comes down to if you just personally like him or not because both sides can post various stats/facts and still be correct

I ,for one, am sick and tired of the injury excuse. He is always injured. Being injured for the rivalry games every year isn't going to quiet the naysayers. Rivalry games are where legends are born. For Sean, it is where he is noticeably missing.  Dependability is way more important than a pass completion percentage( which is already highly overrated in Gus's offense btw.) 

Also, if he isn't feeling well, don't play. Don't throw for a grand total of 29 yards and then after the game claim that you were injured but wanted to stay in. That's not helping anybody. I'd rather play a damn healthy WR at QB than go through that. If this dude is always injured, then its obvious why Gus is searching for his replacement. With that said, Sean wasn't very effective even when he was healthy and playing decent against elite defenses (which was rare). 0 TDs against LSU and he played pretty well. That suggests he doesn't have a far-reaching impact on the game except for turnovers.

If that is because Gus handcuffed him, then I say we need a new QB. Gus isn't going anywhere so we need a QB that he actually wants to use as a weapon. Against A&M, their cornerbacks left their assignments way early just because they didn't respect the pass. That's the kind of fear that SW has been putting into great defenses for the past two years

MAKE OUR QBs GREAT AGAIN DAMMIT

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

He's played hurt, and pretty badly hurt in both UGA games the past 2 years, he hasn't played against Alabama the past 2 years. 

MSU 2015: 1st SEC start

Memphis: First game back from injury

Clemson: Pretty sure we can attribute this to the offensive staff not SW...

A&M: Not that great of a game here

LSU: 19-26 234 yards...

UGA: Shouldn't have been playing in the first place in either game

4 out of the 6 games viper listed had very legit reasons for lack of success

1 of the 6 games listed he was very effecient, just no TD's but good lord our OL in the red zone turned atrocious. Had what should of been at least 1-2 TDs that were dropped

Does Sean have his flaws? Dang right, but the amount of hate he gets from members of this board is ridiculous.

All I see is excuses for failure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

He's played hurt, and pretty badly hurt in both UGA games the past 2 years, he hasn't played against Alabama the past 2 years. 

1 of the 6 games listed he was very effecient, just no TD's but good lord our OL in the red zone turned atrocious. Had what should of been at least 1-2 TDs that were dropped

Does Sean have his flaws? Dang right, but the amount of hate he gets from members of this board is ridiculous.

Now I don't agree with the last sentence on this and probably not some of the games and excuses but my comment was MOST of his bad games were when he was injured.

As far as the hate stuff, there hasn't been a player more protected of criticism at least the last ten years. I just didn't know football that well when I was little but I want to say pretty much that I've seen my entire life

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I ,for one, am sick and tired of the injury excuse. He is always injured. Being injured for the rivalry games every year isn't going to quiet the naysayers. Rivalry games are where legends are born. For Sean, it is where he is noticeably missing.  Dependability is way more important than a pass completion percentage( which is already highly overrated in Gus's offense btw.) 

Also, if he isn't feeling well, don't play. Don't throw for a grand total of 29 yards and then after the game claim that you were injured but wanted to stay in. That's not helping anybody. I'd rather play a damn healthy WR at QB than go through that. If this dude is always injured, then its obvious why Gus is searching for his replacement. With that said, Sean wasn't very effective even when he was healthy and playing decent against elite defenses (which was rare). 0 TDs against LSU and he played pretty well. That suggests he doesn't have a far-reaching impact on the game except for turnovers.

If that is because Gus handcuffed him, then I say we need a new QB. Gus isn't going anywhere so we need a QB that he actually wants to use as a weapon. Against A&M, their cornerbacks left their assignments way early just because they didn't respect the pass. That's the kind of fear that SW has been putting into great defenses for the past two years

MAKE OUR QBs GREAT AGAIN DAMMIT

I agree with alot of that but I can't agree just because he didn't throw a td he played bad. So even I said Kentucky and arky sucked, but I couldn't say he played bad against them. He didn't play bad those games at all

Just now, Bigbens42 said:

61822-stay-on-topic-stay-on-topic-stay-o

That was my original point. Really no reason to debate sw/js before js has even chosen a school yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

All I see is excuses for failure.

I knew going in that I wasn't going to change your opinion on this lol so really wasn't trying. You'll always view anything regarding SW as an excuse and that's your opinion. I have mine

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

agree with alot of that but I can't agree just because he didn't throw a td he played bad

I said he played well but ineffective. He put up the same amount of TDs then than he did against UGA.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I knew going in that I wasn't going to change your opinion on this lol so really wasn't trying. You'll always view anything regarding SW as an excuse and that's your opinion. I have mine

Sean can change my opinion starting against Oklahoma or whenever he likes. I've seen a lot of s***ty offenses in the biggest games for the past two seasons and I'm ready for a change. 

Ive seen the drops excuse, OL play, the playbook, our HC, our OC, and injuries all used in conjunction at times to defend Sean White. Maybe it's time for his play to do the talking.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now I don't agree with the last sentence on this and probably not some of the games and excuses but my comment was MOST of his bad games were when he was injured.

As far as the hate stuff, there hasn't been a player more protected of criticism at least the last ten years. I just didn't know football that well when I was little but I want to say pretty much that I've seen my entire life

Really don't get what there is to not agree on with the games listed... 

First start, any other QB not named SW gets a break here

First game back from injury after a month off, again any other QB not named SW gets a break here

if SW is blamed for the Clemson game then I've lost faith in the fan base 

A&M I agree not a good game

No TDs against LSU but had 1-2 dropped, but 19-26 234 yards is pretty efficient.

its also pretty obvious that Sean shouldn't have been playing either UGA game due to injuries and about 90%+ of this board said the same thing during . Really do not get what is to disagree with here

While Sean is injury prone and I absolutely hate the falling away crap he does. He's a gamer and has my respect as a football player.

Edited by Maverick.AU

21 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Why not? We're another 8-win team next season if we don't land Stidham.

We're a bonfide SEC Championship contender if we do.

It is THAT drastic.

History says yes (to an 8 win season) b/c Sean gets injured every year.  That's really the only reason, though.

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Sean can change my opinion starting against Oklahoma or whenever he likes. I've seen a lot of s***ty offenses in the biggest games for the past two seasons and I'm ready for a change. 

Ive seen the drops excuse, OL play, the playbook, our HC, our OC, and injuries all used in conjunction at times to defend Sean White. Maybe it's time for his play to do the talking.

Do I think SW is the best fit for this offense? No I do not, do we need change on offense? Yes we do, but honestly outside of Cam and Nick, Malzhans O has been a dumpster for 3 out of the last 6 seasons. I start to put more blame on the offensive staff for this than the players.

Edited by Maverick.AU

18 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

You're mistaking "hate" for "a position in drastic need of improvement."

Anyone that wants White to start next season over Stidham, then they simply are satisfied with 8-win seasons.

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

First game back from injury after a month off, again any other QB not named SW gets a break here

No TDs against LSU but had 1-2 dropped, but 19-26 234 yards is pretty efficient.

its also pretty obvious that Sean shouldn't have been playing either UGA game due to injuries and about 90%+ of this board said the same thing during . Really do not get what is to disagree with here

While Sean is injury prone and I absolutely hate the falling away crap he does. He's a gamer and has my respect as a football player.

With the relationship he has with Lashlee, it's possible that Malzahn plays the BBQ Gang card and tells Jacobs he won't fire anybody.  If Jacobs wants Lashlee gone he will have to fire him also.  

25 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

You're mistaking "hate" for "a position in drastic need of improvement."

Anyone that wants White to start next season over Stidham, then they simply are satisfied with 8-win seasons.

I would not consider it hate if the posts were worded differently.  I am also not saying white over Stidham at all, if Stidham comes he i think he is the man. 

Edited by Maverick.AU

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The same fan base that went crazy about jf3 the vandy and bammer games can't possibly be the same people that says oh it's his first game back....saying any other qb not named sw as if other qb's on this roster has gotten passes sw didn't is completely made up. But I really don't do "games" I watch the plays and if there is a problem within the game I talk about the plays but the Memphis game and really that pick against uga there aren't any excuses. But every qb makes mistakes and throw bad passes so I'm not going to kill him for it, but no I'm not going to say it happened because of an injury or he shouldn't be out there either...

Also so you know how many players that have probably played hurt and we didn't know about? How many dropped passes or fumbles because they probably couldn't feel their fingers and so on? So we probably owe alot of people apologies if we shouldn't blame sw for playing

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That was a good try, but unless somebody was debating you that js shouldn't play for Auburn you're having pointless arguments....I could come on and start saying how Tom Brady would be awesome in this offense. Now if/when js gets here and when the groupies come out saying how much better sw is than js (which would absolutely happen) then argue. But right now wtf are you even debating?

Just because I obliterated your "White has been injured in just about every game he's played bad in" argument doesn't mean we can't have discussions on how much improvement Stidham will bring to this offense. Same as the other 99 recruiting threads on this forum that have yet to sign with AU.

Offensive scheme and play calling were responsible for all four losses.  It doesn't matter who was playing QB.  We were destined to fail in those games.  UGA may be the only exception to that. 

• Like 1

Just now, VipersStrike1 said:

Just because I obliterated your "White has been injured in just about every game he's played bad in" argument doesn't mean we can't have discussions on how much improvement Stidham will bring to this offense. Same as the other 99 recruiting threads on this forum that have yet to sign with AU.

If I ever let myself present an argument that you could obliterate I'd ban myself off this board. Lol. Obliterate. I'm wouldn't even waste my time trying to explain to you that a 0 td/0int game couple actually be a very efficient game

• Like 1