***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

30 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Nope because bird keeps liking ANY post that defends White with inaccurate info and/or injury excuses in the TWO of 13 P5 games played. i.e. he's out of ammo.

:popcorn:

• Like 1

Thanks for letting us have our thread back, E. :)

So can you give us a rundown of where things stand with Stidham and any timetable you might know? Facts have been buried in this thread.

• Like 1

There's a good interview with Stidham by Recruitniks on War Eagle Sports Radio.  It doesn't sound as though he's getting much play from Texas A&M right now.  He talked about his visit to Florida and how he has know Coach Nussmeier since high school.  He talked about his visit to Auburn and said that he's talking to the Auburn coaches daily.  Still planning to decide by mid-December. Sounded pretty positive for us, but not a done deal.

Edited by triangletiger
  • Like 2

For what it's worth, no one I've seen on any of the free UF boards seems particularly confident that they even get a visit. Feels to me like a our biggest threat may still be Kendall Briles getting some OC position like LSU in the 11th hour.

11 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

For what it's worth, no one I've seen on any of the free UF boards seems particularly confident that they even get a visit. Feels to me like a our biggest threat may still be Kendall Briles getting some OC position like LSU in the 11th hour.

There was some talk on one of the Florida message boards that Kendal to UF is a possibility, which could change things for them. 

59 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

There's a good interview with Stidham by Recruitniks on War Eagle Sports Radio.  It doesn't sound as though he's getting much play from Texas A&M right now.  He talked about his visit to Florida and how he has know Coach Nussmeier since high school.  He talked about his visit to Auburn and said that he's talking to the Auburn coaches daily.  Still planning to decide by mid-December. Sounded pretty positive for us, but not a done deal.

Thanks for the update. Here's the interview link:

https://www.wareaglesportsradio.com/episode/17243/recruitniks-exclusive-jarrett-stidhams-decision-is-nearly-here/

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, boomstick said:

There was some talk on one of the Florida message boards that Kendal to UF is a possibility, which could change things for them. 

Yeah, I imagine that would pose a problem for us, but I just can't imagine that's a tremendously likely scenario. Kendal definitely isn't a toxic as Art is right now from a PR standpoint, but I have a hard time envisioning many AD's or presidents signing off on that hire as long as there are other viable options out there. I think that particularly in Florida's case, with the memory of the Treon Harris hullabaloo in the not too distant past, the administration would be hesitant to invite that spotlight again.

It seems like the scenarios in which we don't get Stidham seem to be getting less and less threatening by the day. Hopefully this is a trend that will continue for another week.

14 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Kendal as what? I havn't heard anything about Doug Nussmeier leaving.

Exactly. If Kendal were to be hired by a SEC school, IMO at this point, he'd be brought in as a QB coach. REALLY wish it was AU. But IMO, Kendal wants to be an OC.

8 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Exactly. If Kendal were to be hired by a SEC school, IMO at this point, he'd be brought in as a QB coach. REALLY wish it was AU. But IMO, Kendal wants to be an OC.

Since last season, I've been saying Auburn needs a QB coach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

Since last season, I've been saying Auburn needs a QB coach.

Could AU bring in Briles as the new OF coach or even in capacity as a "advisor" and have him help QBs?  If we could do that then I feel like JS would be almost a lock!

Ok couple of points. 

1st, I've said it since the day they were hired.  I have never believed in Lashlee. At all. Granted he made me eat some crow earlier in the year,  but the entire qb situation was/is entirely on him.  He is the OC/QB Coach. He is also the one (not)teaching the QBs what they (don't)do. 

2nd, it doesn't matter if someone has a witness or not, as we have seen in this very thread I believe. 

On the JS front,  I truly hope we can land this young man

Looks like Baylor has just hired Temple coach Matt Rhule as their new HC. So we should soon get a better idea of what their staff should look like next year. Personally, I doubt he keeps much of anyone, which could ramp up the KB landing spot rumormill, if and when he is confirmed to be out of a job. 

11 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Looks like Baylor has just hired Temple coach Matt Rhule as their new HC. So we should soon get a better idea of what their staff should look like next year. Personally, I doubt he keeps much of anyone, which could ramp up the KB landing spot rumormill, if and when he is confirmed to be out of a job. 

That might be the best hire this year.. I don't know why more schools were not looking at him. 

Everyone wants to complain about Lashlee but bottom line is if we get JS, it will be because of Lashlee. I am not sure the QB coaching is Lashlee yet, Gus may have not let him loose yet to coach the way he sees fit. I agree we need to beef up the passing game options but im not sure bringing in a new QB coach will do anything if Gus doesn't let him do it..

• Like 5

9 hours ago, AUTUmike said:

Thanks for letting us have our thread back, E. :)

So can you give us a rundown of where things stand with Stidham and any timetable you might know? Facts have been buried in this thread.

We lead but watch out for Kendal Briles. If he lands a quallity P5 OC job that could throw a major monkey wrench into things. Plans to commit after the dead period starts on December 12th. It would be nice if he goes ahead and signs then too.

4 hours ago, triangletiger said:

3 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Thank you both.

Edited by ellitor

47 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Could AU bring in Briles as the new OF coach or even in capacity as a "advisor" and have him help QBs?  If we could do that then I feel like JS would be almost a lock!

They could but as of now it looks like K. Briles to AU is not happening.

25 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Ok couple of points. 

1st, I've said it since the day they were hired.  I have never believed in Lashlee. At all. Granted he made me eat some crow earlier in the year,  but the entire qb situation was/is entirely on him.  He is the OC/QB Coach. He is also the one (not)teaching the QBs what they (don't)do. 

2nd, it doesn't matter if someone has a witness or not, as we have seen in this very thread I believe. 

On the JS front,  I truly hope we can land this young man

Bird was just trying to infuse some humor like he often does.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

They could but as of now it looks like K. Briles to AU is not happening.

Is this because of Stidham having faith in Lashlee?  Or is on Kendall's side?

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is this because of Stidham having faith in Lashlee?  Or is on Kendall's side?

I can't say for sure but piecing together the tea leaves I have gotten it looks to be from the legal stuff that has popped up the past month in lue of the Baylor scandal.

• Like 1