***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

2 minutes ago, bg5 said:

WDE I really enjoy reading your post and I appreciate you incite but your dislike of Gus is a little much. I don't see you give him much credit when things go right but you are very quick to criticize anytime something goes wrong.

How is this a criticism of Gus? From what I'm told Stidham visited A&M over the weekend and the visit went very good for A&M. Very good. 

But you are right about my dislike for Gus. Guy is a joke. But I've come to the realization that Auburn will always be a 8-5 school in football. With a good season thrown in every 4 to 5 years. AU people seem to like and be OK with this. Is what it is. AU will be lucky to win 7 next year with the returning talent on the offense. Going to be bad when Pettway goes to the NFL early. Which he will. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

How is this a criticism of Gus? From what I'm told Stidham visited A&M over the weekend and the visit went very good for A&M. Very good. 

But you are right about my dislike for Gus. Guy is a joke. But I've come to the realization that Auburn will always be a 8-5 school in football. With a good season thrown in every 4 to 5 years. AU people seem to like and be OK with this. Is what it is. AU will be lucky to win 7 next year with the returning talent on the offense. Going to be bad when Pettway goes to the NFL early. Which he will. 

I think he is referring to the "lol gus" part of your comment which wasn't even really that relevant to the rest of your post.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I think he is referring to the "lol gus" part of your comment which wasn't even really that relevant to the rest of your post.

Stidham has been "in", "silent" or what ever with AU for a couple months. A&M ramps up their recruitment of Stidham within the last week or so. Stidham take a "secret" visit and now A&M is in the drivers seat. So yea lol Gus. Mond all over again. 

• Like 1

It makes it seem like your happy we might not get Stidham. If you want the program to be better you would think you would want us to get the best players possible rather than sounding happy that something didn't work out for Gus. As I said I enjoy your comments and incites I just disagree on Gus. And I am not satisfied with 8-5 by the way. I honestly didn't mean to get anything started I just wish you didn't post so much Anti-Gus stuff.  

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Stidham has been "in", "silent" or what ever with AU for a couple months. A&M ramps up their recruitment of Stidham within the last week or so. Stidham take a "secret" visit and now A&M is in the drivers seat. So yea lol Gus. Mond all over again. 

In the driver seat? Off of one visit? So, they lied to Mond then? I am going to just keep having hope that we get Stidham on the plains. I have no problem with him visiting other schools.

3 minutes ago, bg5 said:

It makes it seem like your happy we might not get Stidham. If you want the program to be better you would think you would want us to get the best players possible rather than sounding happy that something didn't work out for Gus. As I said I enjoy your comments and incites I just disagree on Gus. And I am not satisfied with 8-5 by the way. I honestly didn't mean to get anything started I just wish you didn't post so much Anti-Gus stuff.  

Oh I'm not happy at all about Stidham. Has been a must get since spring. Must get. Now it's a dogfight with A&M. And Summlin, like him or not, is a much much better recruiter than Gus or Rhett. Just is. Sucks. I want to win 10 games a year. At least 10 back to back one time before I die. I'd say I'm more upset than 95% of the people here because 8-5 sucks. The same 8-5 that most of the folks here are OK with.     

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

In the driver seat? Off of one visit? So, they lied to Mond then? I am going to just keep having hope that we get Stidham on the plains. I have no problem with him visiting other schools.

TIFWIW but yes. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Good question. I'd say no. Bet Mond gave his blessing on Stidham. IMO anyways. 

I know this is all hypothetical, but why can't Gus close the deal on the QB's he wants in recruiting?  Depending on how Woody turns out, we may not end up with a SEC caliber QB again next year.  I love SW's guts and determination, but he hasn't remained healthy for an entire season yet.

Does Stidham plan on being on a campus in January? and what went so well for his visit to College Station? I kind of thought that this one was already done from what I have been reading on this board.

10 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Does Stidham plan on being on a campus in January? and what went so well for his visit to College Station? I kind of thought that this one was already done from what I have been reading on this board.

1.Yes. 2.  Don't know. Details on why a visit went well do not come out sometimes.

Texas A&M for the third straight year started hot and then fell on their face. So much to love there, Stidham. It was a joy watching Moo state spank that ass. 

We're 100% sure Kevin Sumlin is keeping his job? I don't feel like that's 100%. He's about to go 1-3 down the stretch... again.

2013:  started 8-2, finished 1-2 (9-4)
2014:  started 5-0, finished 3-5 (8-5)
2015:  started 5-0, finished 3-5 (8-5)
2016:  started 6-0, 1-3 in his last four with a likely loss to LSU coming... looking at a 2-4 finish with a bowl game coming. (8-4 headed to the bowl game)

I mean, seriously, we're positive Kevin Sumlin is coaching at A&M next year? WDE loves bashing Gus for mediocrity, but Kevin Sumlin defines it. If he loses to LSU and loses the bowl game, that feels like a break up 8-5.

23 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

We're 100% sure Kevin Sumlin is keeping his job? I don't feel like that's 100%. He's about to go 1-3 down the stretch... again.

2013:  started 8-2, finished 1-2 (9-4)
2014:  started 5-0, finished 3-5 (8-5)
2015:  started 5-0, finished 3-5 (8-5)
2016:  started 6-0, 1-3 in his last four with a likely loss to LSU coming... looking at a 2-4 finish with a bowl game coming. (8-4 headed to the bowl game)

I mean, seriously, we're positive Kevin Sumlin is coaching at A&M next year? WDE loves bashing Gus for mediocrity, but Kevin Sumlin defines it. If he loses to LSU and loses the bowl game, that feels like a break up 8-5.

I could care less about Sumlin and A&M. I do care about the man who is in charge of AU. 

And the coach you say defines mediocrity is schooling the so called offensive guru with QB recruiting. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And the coach you say defines mediocrity is schooling the so called offensive guru with QB recruiting. 

Yes he is. But he always gets the top five star QBs. 

• Like 1

Dang getting stidham was the only bit of excitement I would have going in to next year. Seems like this always happens with Gus and QB recruiting. AU "leads" until the school the qb really wants to go to pushes. Gus has landed some really good big time players and closed well throughout his time at Auburn... at every other position but QB.

Edited by GwillMac6

If we only come out of this cycle with tray bishop at QB we will continue to have QB problems down the road. Its that simple. This group of coaches have failed time and time again at qb recruiting.

Has it be confirmed he is leaning aTm? Its just strange that he has been to Auburn practices and one weekend he goes to college station and all the sudden the sky is falling. i agree that Sumlin HAS recruited QBs in the past but what happened in 2 days that makes everyone think he is already gone?

Just now, Harp_AU2013 said:

Has it be confirmed he is leaning aTm? Its just strange that he has been to Auburn practices and one weekend he goes to college station and all the sudden the sky is falling. i agree that Sumlin HAS recruited QBs in the past but what happened in 2 days that makes everyone think he is already gone?

This will have been his second trip to TAMU. He went for the vols game as well. Just think with him being a texas kid this is where he really wants to be. Well for awhile they were "not recruiting" him. Now all of sudden they are again and the week that comes out he is at their game and are supposedly leading for him. I can buy it. We have seen this movie before many times in QB recruiting. Remember he has not been at Auburn since the clemson game.

3 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Perhaps he's been waiting for aTm to offer all along. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Perhaps he's been waiting for aTm to offer all along. 

yup. I was really hoping they would not push for him and recruit him. Knew this would happen.

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we only come out of this cycle with tray bishop at QB we will continue to have QB problems down the road. Its that simple. This group of coaches have failed time and time again at qb recruiting.

Bishop will not be the only QB we sign this class. The question is whoever the other guy is if it's not Sridham will he be another dud or will he be a quality QB?

15 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Read the past few pages. They likely lead and did so before this weekend's visit per Keith.  Also this past weekend wasn't the first time this year he has gone to a Texas A&M game. He's been there 3 or 4 times this season and it's where his girlfriend would like to go.

3 hours ago, bg5 said:

....As I said I enjoy your comments and incites I just disagree on Gus 

bg5, was your use of incites, instead of insights, Freudian on your part?

• Like 1