***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

Basically if we get Kendall Briles that will be our saving grace. And that is kind of sketchy since he's now implicated in recruiting violations as of a few days ago

54 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

bg5, was your use of incites, instead of insights, Freudian on your part?

Sorry just a bad speller.

I agree Gus has not been a magnet for top QB's. But Sumlin had not one, but two 5* QB's pack it up last year. So while Gus has trouble getting them to come Sumlin has trouble getting them to stay.

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

Basically if we get Kendall Briles that will be our saving grace. And that is kind of sketchy since he's now implicated in recruiting violations as of a few days ago

You do know that KB has less than two full seasons as an OC?.....Can't see how a guy with even less OC experience than RL is considered to be a saving grace....we know almost nothing about HIS game calling skills.  JMO

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

You do know that KB has less than two full seasons as an OC?.....Can't see how a guy with even less OC experience than RL is considered to be a saving grace....we know almost nothing about HIS game calling skills.  JMO

saving grace just to insure AU gets Stidham is what I think he means by savior. I agree to with the above poster.

54 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

If we lose Stidham to A&M, I may go punch Lashlee & Gus in the face myself!

:fish: 

oh its a big possibility.

Can we expect him to visit us again? And if Sumlin gets fired from A&M would that help our chances?

Edited by AUwent

9 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

If we lose Stidham to A&M, I may go punch Lashlee & Gus in the face myself!

Start stretching

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

Can we expect him to visit us again? And if Sumlin gets fired from A&M would that help our chances?

Before last weekend he was expected to visit Auburn officially one time and maybe also come another time. I don't know about now though. And Sumlin is not getting fired this year.

Edited by ellitor

12 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Briles will do wonders with AU. if Gus will let him. especially with Stidham .  We need this kid

After this I don't see Kendal coaching at AU.

http://deadspin.com/baylor-confirms-art-briles-knew-about-alleged-gang-rape-1788902498

17 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I've been saying the whole situation was sketchy since the very beginning. People need to start recognizing.

15 hours ago, AU64 said:

@GwillMac6clarified for me right below your post

6 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

This is from Kendal's twitter page. Not sure if it was a report published internally but it contradicts the deadspin report.

CwdgKLaVIAEQijj.jpg:large

Let's see.....was this just before or just after TCU and Oklahoma wiped the field with Baylor?   

JMO but none of the guys signing on to this helped themselves or their school.   Maybe these guys ought to be thinking about football and not doing CYA posts.....

38 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I find it weird that KB is still even employed at Baylor. Not because I expect him complicit in any wrongdoing, although that may very well be the case, but the issue of the university going after his dad hardbody. Why would you want to work for them under these scenarios and why would Baylor even want to have a Briles on the sideline?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I find it weird that KB is still even employed at Baylor. Not because I expect him complicit in any wrongdoing, although that may very well be the case, but the issue of the university going after his dad hardbody. Why would you want to work for them under these scenarios and why would Baylor even want to have a Briles on the sideline?

I can imagine success pushed Baylor into renovating its program which included borrowing money. I'm speculating that they were desperate to not go back to the Baylor football of the past so they could maintain the revenue. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

I imagine there's probably some sort of contract buy-out clauses to deal with. In Baylor's case, they want to finish out the football season on as high of a note as possible.  They both know that, once the season is over, they are going to start with a clean slate with a new head coach.

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I can imagine success pushed Baylor into renovating its program which included borrowing money. I'm speculating that they were desperate to not go back to the Baylor football of the past so they could maintain the revenue. 

Likely so....but what I read is that everyone is gone after this year.  Grobe is / was a place-holder but probably not permanent.....and that tweet with signatures that did not include his name ? not a good thing for certain. 

Re Lion:   usually assistants are on short contracts....probably not much to buy out....just send those guys on their way at the end of the year and start over.....which will be a huge task.... hard times ahead for the program IMO.   

Edited by AU64

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Before last weekend he was expected to visit Auburn officially one time and maybe also come another time. I don't know about now though. And Summon is not getting fired this year.

Jesus. You said that we would probably sign one more QB regardless. Who is most likely (if you're able to disclose it)?

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Jesus. You said that we would probably sign one more QB regardless. Who is most likely (if you're able to disclose it)?

I have no clue. The staff has made sure all connections are silent about QB recruiting outside of Stidham right now. All that is known is they do plan to sign a true QB. Knowing Gus and Rhett though  they could be completely lost on the situation and not know what to do.

59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I have no clue. The staff has made sure all connections are silent about QB recruiting outside of Stidham right now. All that is known is they do plan to sign a true QB. Knowing Gus and Rhett though  they could be completely lost on the situation and not know what to do.

This is the most likely scenario.