2016 JUCO LB Lorenzo Fields (Jacksonville State commit)

bigbird

Opposing running backs may learn a new meaning to getting the "ball stripped" when they come through a hole and meet Slap Nuts.

I really hope we get him so that nickname sticks...

Sounds like the sort of guy you want on Kickoff coverage...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would he be a walk on

Certain people that should know are saying that if he scores high enough on the ACT and qualifies he'll be signed and be a part of the '14 class. If he doesn't score high enough he won't qualify at any D-1 school and will have to go the JUCO route.

I don't see walk on anywhere in there. He has until May 29 to sign and be a part of this class so he does have some time.

Any clue on a timeline?

Would he be a walk on

Certain people that should know are saying that if he scores high enough on the ACT and qualifies he'll be signed and be a part of the '14 class. If he doesn't score high enough he won't qualify at any D-1 school and will have to go the JUCO route.

I don't see walk on anywhere in there. He has until May 29 to sign and be a part of this class so he does have some time.

Any clue on a timeline?

I've heard he takes the test this Saturday

This would make a fantastic story. I hope this kid rallies, makes his grades and becomes a star for Auburn. Best of luck slapnuts, this is one Auburn fan who is really pulling for ya!

I thought we were looking at him at LB, not star... Jk jk, someone had to make the joke.

I don't know if anyone has but maybe send him a message on twitter saying good luck and hope he becomes a part of the Auburn family...stuff like that may go a long way with this kid...well it would with me if i were in his situation

He is taking the ACT tomorrow . He only needs a seventeen ..

auburn requires more than a 17 I thought. Are you sure your not talking about bammer

He is taking the ACT tomorrow . He only needs a seventeen ..

auburn requires more than a 17 I thought. Are you sure your not talking about bammer

I did a little research and found that 17 is the NCAA requirement. A player has to score a total of 68 across all four subjects which is an averge of 17. There is a sliding scale that shows the higher the core GPA is then the lower the required ACT score. He may not necessarily need a 17 per NCAA guidelines but AU may still require a minimum of 17 for scholarship athletes.

Sorry, if I'm wrong about the ACT score . I did wish him luck on the test on twitter !! WDE ! I would love to see this kid in an Auburn uniform . He is a beast !!

as for nicknames, I LOVE SLAPNUTS! it is hilarious! that said, we could also play with his name he could be LOFI, instead of WIFI. incorporates his name, a play on words with WIFI ,and in a roundabout way infers the SLAPNUTS name as well. I don't know. May be reaching, but I thought it was funny, and maybe a little more family friendly, but would still get a chuckle from those that see the connection. :-)

Anyone know the timetable we are looking at for his scores to come through?

He has until May 29 as far as I know.

Was talking about his ACT scores. Believe he tested today, so the thread says and just wanted to know when the scores will be available.

Was talking about his ACT scores. Believe he tested today, so the thread says and just wanted to know when the scores will be available.

Im sure as soon as they're available someone on Twitter will relay them.

That will be private information. The person taking the test or his parents might make that public but anyone else that does will be breaking the law.

I guess our best indicator of his test scores will be if he gets signed to an AU scholarship before the end of May. If we read that he signed with a JUCO, we'll know he didn't test high enough.

Test scores may be posted by February 24th.

Posted, but available to whom? I think the Privacy Act prevents test scores from being made public. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Test scores may be posted by February 24th.

Posted, but available to whom? I think the Privacy Act prevents test scores from being made public. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Available to him.

if he makes the necessary score is he assured a place with Auburn and a scholarship? Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread. I would love to see this story work out for the kid.

That will be private information. The person taking the test or his parents might make that public but anyone else that does will be breaking the law.

If I find out, Im going to post it. If I have to go down, I think its worth it.

if he makes the necessary score is he assured a place with Auburn and a scholarship? Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread. I would love to see this story work out for the kid.

I don't think we "know" more than what he has claimed on twitter.

I don't think we "know" more than what he has claimed on twitter.

I see, thanks

Archived