2016 JUCO LB Lorenzo Fields (Jacksonville State commit)

bigbird

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MGCCC

MGCCC IF he doesn't pass the ACT. If he passes, AU!

Do we know if this is a guarantee that he will be part of the '14 class if he passes the ACT or is it just mere speculation and wishes?

According to a poster on another site who is close to the Daphne football program he will be in the '14 class.

Looks like he is coming to the plains if he gets a good act score on Saturday per his twitter @slapnuts33

Concerns me if that is really his twitter handle. Don't know if I'd feel very safe in the locker room next to "slap nuts" lol

that is hillarious

Concerns me more if there were 32 people before him that wanted the "slapnuts" handle.

Would he be a walk on

Certain people that should know are saying that if he scores high enough on the ACT and qualifies he'll be signed and be a part of the '14 class. If he doesn't score high enough he won't qualify at any D-1 school and will have to go the JUCO route.

I don't see walk on anywhere in there. He has until May 29 to sign and be a part of this class so he does have some time.

Would love to see this kid get his ACT scores up so he can come here.

He has good size and good speed with a nose for the ball. Also takes good angles to the ball carrier. Only thing lacking in his film was dropping back into pass coverage. I didn't see him drop back into pass coverage even once. Either he is not that great at it, or teams didn't throw much at them, or his coach wanted him rushing most of the time so didn't get many opportunities to drop back into coverage.

With his size and speed and nose for the ball I would think he could cover but would have liked to see him doing it a few times. Even without seeing it if he gets his scores up I think he is worth a scholly.

Would he be a walk on

Certain people that should know are saying that if he scores high enough on the ACT and qualifies he'll be signed and be a part of the '14 class. If he doesn't score high enough he won't qualify at any D-1 school and will have to go the JUCO route.

I don't see walk on anywhere in there. He has until May 29 to sign and be a part of this class so he does have some time.

Appreciate the clarification Mikey.

What I see from his film is a player with a great motor and one who likes hitting folks. Probably lower rated due to techniques. Needs to use his hands better and need better angles. Good part is you can't teach motor it has to be a trait, but the rest is something that EJ and company can teach him in short order. Bring him on. WDE

Not related to him but I think Tre Williams is talented enough to play all three linebacker spots. It could open up options if this kid were better in the middle or weak side.

What I see from his film is a player with a great motor and one who likes hitting folks. Probably lower rated due to techniques. Needs to use his hands better and need better angles. Good part is you can't teach motor it has to be a trait, but the rest is something that EJ and company can teach him in short order. Bring him on. WDE

I have looked all over the place and I can't find anywhere that he is rated at all....as good as he looks on film, I don't think that is a good sign that he is up to par in the classroom

I have looked all over the place and I can't find anywhere that he is rated at all....as good as he looks on film, I don't think that is a good sign that he is up to par in the classroom

Someone posted earlier that he moved last year and missed all the camps, causing him to get low exposure. His tape definitely looks better than a not rated recruit.

I'm pretty sure our coaches wouldn't be spending time with him if he were a dead certain lock to not make the grades. Sometimes kids that move get lost in the shuffle. The last one we signed like this was safety turned LB Darren Bates. Somebody finally gave Bates a 2* rating, right before he earned freshman All-SEC honors.

I'm pretty sure our coaches wouldn't be spending time with him if he were a dead certain lock to not make the grades.

They could simply be setting a good early image in case this kid ends up being a top player out of JUCO. Thats all Tuberville was doing when he was "signing" all those kids who had no chance of qualifying.

I'm pretty sure our coaches wouldn't be spending time with him if he were a dead certain lock to not make the grades. Sometimes kids that move get lost in the shuffle. The last one we signed like this was safety turned LB Darren Bates. Somebody finally gave Bates a 2* rating, right before he earned freshman All-SEC honors.

Great example. As thorough as media is and as easy as it is to get exposure other ways in this age, there are guys that move and if no one really takes a huge interest in you, you get lost. Maybe that is what we got in this kid. It would be a great story. Bates is still one of my favorite players.

Okay, i just watched his film and this one seems to love contact. The thing that I enjoyed was the fact that he does appear to rely on his size to just knock people down like many high school kids do. I didn't see many times at all where he didn't attempt to wrap up and I'd like to see him after a year with our training staff. Kid could be a beast.

Great example. As thorough as media is and as easy as it is to get exposure other ways in this age, there are guys that move and if no one really takes a huge interest in you, you get lost. Maybe that is what we got in this kid. It would be a great story. Bates is still one of my favorite players.

Not to get off topic, but just wanted to say that Bates still loves Auburn too. I ran into him in Pasadena (played high school football with him) and while he loves the Rams, he was still able to make it back for games this year and had great things to say about the guys still on the team. Think he'll have no problem making us proud in the NFL (already cracked the top 53 and had a special teams TD this year against Houston in case anyone missed it).

Opposing running backs may learn a new meaning to getting the "ball stripped" when they come through a hole and meet Slap Nuts.

I really hope we get him so that nickname sticks...

Looks like he is coming to the plains if he gets a good act score on Saturday per his twitter @slapnuts33

Concerns me if that is really his twitter handle. Don't know if I'd feel very safe in the locker room next to "slap nuts" lol

Well, I'd rather be call "slapnuts" than what nick saban's wife calls him......."swiftnuts". :Sing:

This would make a fantastic story. I hope this kid rallies, makes his grades and becomes a star for Auburn. Best of luck slapnuts, this is one Auburn fan who is really pulling for ya!

Archived