Future Schedules

auburn4ever

How about Nebraska, UCLA, Stanford, and Florida St.

UCLA is playing a couple home-and-home series with LSU already. Not sure whether that makes them more or less likely to want to schedule a series with us.

By the way, LSU is being proactive in scheduling some attractive out of conference games. In addition to UCLA, they've got series scheduled with Arizona State, Wisconsin, and Syracuse. LINK

LSU has had one of -- if not the -- toughest SEC schedules recently (even harder than ours, though pretty close). I hope we join them in scheduling some competitive out of conference games, and that Bama keeps watering their schedule down. These differences will, I hope, make a big difference to the playoff committee.

Another thing I like about LSU's scheduling is the geographic spread: Arizona and California out West, Wisky from the Midwest, and Syracuse from the Northeast.

Here's a few teams that would work for me: Oregon or USCw out of the PAC13; Nebraska or Michigan out of the BIG10; Oklahoma or Texas or maybe Baylor out of the BIG12; FSU, Miami, UVA out of the ACC; others include Rutgers or Notre Dame.

I would love if Auburn followed this same scheduling model that LSU is going by,

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too like LSU's aggressive scheduling. It helps in recruiting and I think it will influence the playoff selection committee. Popularity polls will no longer be the sole criteria for selection. Strength of schedule will come into play much more than in the BCS scheme.

I'd like to see Auburn play a home-and-home with some teams that have national rep and high visibility

ACC - Florida State or Louisville

Big12 - Oklahoma or Texas

B1G - Ohio State, Michigan or Penn State

PAC12 - Stanford or Washington

Frankly, playing teams like Washington State and Kansas State just doesn't have the kind of national interest that playing the high-profile teams generates. Auburn deserves to be on the big stage with the traditional powers.

I too like LSU's aggressive scheduling. It helps in recruiting and I think it will influence the playoff selection committee. Popularity polls will no longer be the sole criteria for selection. Strength of schedule will come into play much more than in the BCS scheme.

I'd like to see Auburn play a home-and-home with some teams that have national rep and high visibility

Frankly, playing teams like Washington State and Kansas State just doesn't have the kind of national interest that playing the high-profile teams generates. Auburn deserves to be on the big stage with the traditional powers.

Agreed. The only teams on my list that don't meet those requirements are Baylor, Rutgers, and UVA (maybe Oregon). But Baylor and Oregon have been good recently; would be awesome offensive shows; we have a history with Oregon; and there's some history with UVA (in terms of the origins of Auburn football). I included Rutgers for the NYC exposure.

Agreed. The only teams on my list that don't meet those requirements are Baylor, Rutgers, and UVA (maybe Oregon). But Baylor and Oregon have been good recently; would be awesome offensive shows; we have a history with Oregon; and there's some history with UVA (in terms of the origins of Auburn football). I included Rutgers for the NYC exposure.

If playing the Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State types should play them early before the cold hits. Those teams tend to be built for cold weather football and are used to it.

I agree with idea of picking up at least one major name every year but the better teams are more physical and higher chance of injuries. Playing in SEC is already a tough schedule still need one healing game near end of season before Bama to allow more prep time for Bama and to get ready for the run to the BCS title.

If playing the Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State types should play them early before the cold hits. Those teams tend to be built for cold weather football and are used to it.

I agree with idea of picking up at least one major name every year but the better teams are more physical and higher chance of injuries. Playing in SEC is already a tough schedule still need one healing game near end of season before Bama to allow more prep time for Bama and to get ready for the run to the BCS title.

Generally the big intersectional games are played in September and October. By November everyone is playing the meat of their Conference schedule. I would figure Auburn would do the same.

You say that now but Kansas st is a great team. They dismantled Michigan last year. Always play well against good opponents usually upset teams The way. They may beat us this year.

You say that now but Kansas st is a great team. They dismantled Michigan last year. Always play well against good opponents usually upset teams The way. They may beat us this year.

K-State is a good team. We will need to play well to win.

An interesting LINK on K-State.

If your post is a response to AURex's post, with which I agreed, however, then I think we are talking about different things. I agree with you that K-State is a good team and all. But they are historically bad and will not boost our reputation as much as beating Oklahoma, for instance, would.

This works for all teams. In terms of perception, Oregon manhandling Tennessee is way better than them manhandling Vandy, say. And that's despite the fact that Vandy has been better the past few seasons.

You do realize that Michigan finished 7-6 last year, right? Dismantling Michigan didn't impress anybody. I would say Kansas State is a good team that on any given day could beat you, but they are very far from a "great" team. Kansas State also lost to North Dakota State last year. All the good/solid teams Kansas State played last year beat them: Texas, Oklahoma State, Baylor and Oklahoma.

KSU came on late in the year. They have a very good QB and one of the best receivers in the country coming back, which has to be a concern with our pass defense. The old guy has them playing very well. No, beating them does not look as good as beating a Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame or any of the other traditional powers, but it will be a tough game on their home field. I hope our guys will be ready and will take care of business.

If your post is a response to AURex's post, with which I agreed, however, then I think we are talking about different things. I agree with you that K-State is a good team and all. But they are historically bad and will not boost our reputation as much as beating Oklahoma, for instance, would.

This works for all teams. In terms of perception, Oregon manhandling Tennessee is way better than them manhandling Vandy, say. And that's despite the fact that Vandy has been better the past few seasons.

So Britt, are you telling us that perception = reality! :blink:

Not exactly, Dixie. But I am saying that perception influences reality.

Sounds like a Supertramp song "The Logical Song"

:laugh:

Watch what you say, golf, or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal.

:laugh:

Watch what you say, golf, or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal.

I am impressed britt.....you caught it...good job

KSU came on late in the year. They have a very good QB and one of the best receivers in the country coming back, which has to be a concern with our pass defense. The old guy has them playing very well. No, beating them does not look as good as beating a Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame or any of the other traditional powers, but it will be a tough game on their home field. I hope our guys will be ready and will take care of business.

I'd say that beating Kansas State on the road will look better than us beating Washington State at home last year.

I'd say that beating Kansas State on the road will look better than us beating Washington State at home last year.

Yep.

I like the thought of games with either Michigan or Notre Dame, especially ND since we have never played them. Texas in the Jerry Dome as a one time deal would also be cool.

Like the idea of playing in the jerry dome. It would be an exciting forum to play in. Wonder if we could play one of the California teams there. Since Auburn is America's team, bet it could be done.

I like the thought of games with either Michigan or Notre Dame, especially ND since we have never played them. Texas in the Jerry Dome as a one time deal would also be cool.

Like the idea of playing in the jerry dome. It would be an exciting forum to play in. Wonder if we could play one of the California teams there. Since Auburn is America's team, bet it could be done.

Not sure if sarcastic or not?

Archived