2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

And btw Marshall is on campus for a 4 day trip with his family. It does not look like he will commit anywhere again til NSD.

Good. That way if we can line up a replacement who is an ethical person we don't have to be concerned with Marshall's BS.....How does some unknown third party make a person lie in such a manner? I'm not buying it.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You people here are clueless.

Exactly. Those who think maybe the kid got played and those who are automatically assuming that he played Auburn- all clueless. Which is why ellitor was merely encouraging folks to consider all the possibilities. No need to make it personal.

I don't think calling people clueless is that personal. Jmo.

Well, that's pretty clueless. ;)

And btw Marshall is on campus for a 4 day trip with his family. It does not look like he will commit anywhere again til NSD.

Good. That way if we can line up a replacement who is an ethical person we don't have to be concerned with Marshall's BS.....How does some unknown third party make a person lie in such a manner? I'm not buying it.

theoretically his guardians (ie parents) who cosign his LOI are the only ones who could conceivably "make" him do anything.

Of course like I always point out ... He can always pay his own way to any college of his choice ... Don't need anyone to sign for you to do that.

theoretically his guardians (ie parents) who cosign his LOI are the only ones who could conceivably "make" him do anything.

Of course like I always point out ... He can always pay his own way to any college of his choice ... Don't need anyone to sign for you to do that.

He will get a scholly somewhere. Doubt his parents are going to pay when they do not have to.

If he has learned his lesson, then Gus and Will will probably welcome him back in. If not, well you know what they say about burning bridges.

Unless they're feeling salty about prospects they like better. If that's the case, I'm good with Auburn waiting. I don't like making him wait just to make the kid feel badly. I don't think that's a good way to start a long-term relationship. If we reevaluated him and/or his position, cool. This is a great chance to reassess the recruiting board without having to feel badly about a guy that was already committed.

Keith had a thread on 247 titled: despite decommit, AU leads by "a lot" for Marshall. I didn't read the contents bc I don't have VIP access but I think that tells you all you need to know right there about how things went down. WDE knows what he's talking about

This could be another Kris Frost situation.

I thought the same thing

explain?

Weren't there a bunch of hoops he had to jump through to prove to the coaches he really wanted to be a tiger after some issues?

I thought the same thing

explain?

Weren't there a bunch of hoops he had to jump through to prove to the coaches he really wanted to be a tiger after some issues?

I don't think so. from what I remember the staff expected him to pick Michigan at the Army game so they promised his spot to someone else. He had to wait for a week or so for things to shake out. I could be wrong but that's how I remember it.

I thought the same thing

explain?

Frost committed to AU at the all-star game without informing our coaches first. He had to have a face-to-face sit down before they'd accept his commitment.

You people here are clueless. Kid embarrassed AU after going to AU's biggest recruiting event on the advice of the uat staff. Yep just the type of guy I want back at AU.

And I'm told, no matter what the AU beat writers say, AU isn't in no hurry to take him back. If at all. Thank God Gus does not think like most here. Gus was not amused by Marshall's action. And he has the final say.

You are in a position to know more than any of us but there are reports of him being externally forced to do what he did and not by Bama staff. if true I am not going to judge the kid harshly yet.

Trust me on this one. Tosh Lupio, or how ever you spell his name, got into his ear. This was all uat. And it is going to backfire on uat in the end.

You people here are clueless. Kid embarrassed AU after going to AU's biggest recruiting event on the advice of the uat staff. Yep just the type of guy I want back at AU.

And I'm told, no matter what the AU beat writers say, AU isn't in no hurry to take him back. If at all. Thank God Gus does not think like most here. Gus was not amused by Marshall's action. And he has the final say.

You are in a position to know more than any of us but there are reports of him being externally forced to do what he did and not by Bama staff. if true I am not going to judge the kid harshly yet.

Trust me on this one. Tosh Lupio, or how ever you spell his name, got into his ear. This was all uat. And it is going to backfire on uat in the end.

Cool & FTR I did not take any replies personally.

Cool & FTR I did not take any replies personally.

I know. AU is going to use this against uat on some other prospects. May end up doing the opposite of what uat wanted.

Its been done in the pass Shug had some of his asst. coaches use certain ways to reverse things on the bear. Most of it included alcohol consumption by said bear while recruiting

Its been done in the pass Shug had some of his asst. coaches use certain ways to reverse things on the bear. Most of it included alcohol consumption by said bear while recruiting

Say it isn't so...

You got a link to back up that information, bruh?

You got a link, bruh?

I'm expecting a ban any minute now.

That would be par for the course.

You got a link to back up that information, bruh?

No, he has first hand information. Auburn assistant Sam Mitchell was the best at the tactic.

Archived