2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

All appearances are that the guy will commit to Auburn unless or until his "dream school" (bammer) offers. I'd tell him he's our third or fourth choice and if we can't do better by signing day he may get an offer from us then. That puts everybody on the same page. He'll sign with us unless he can do better and we'll sign him unless we can do better.

So far, as IronMan said, the guy is playing Auburn. We should simply play him in like manner.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You people here are clueless. Kid embarrassed AU after going to AU's biggest recruiting event on the advice of the uat staff. Yep just the type of guy I want back at AU.

And I'm told, no matter what the AU beat writers say, AU isn't in no hurry to take him back. If at all. Thank God Gus does not think like most here. Gus was not amused by Marshall's action. And he has the final say.

You people here are clueless. Kid embarrassed AU after going to AU's biggest recruiting event on the advice of the uat staff. Yep just the type of guy I want back at AU.

And I'm told, no matter what the AU beat writers say, AU isn't in no hurry to take him back. If at all. Thank God Gus does not think like most here. Gus was not amused by Marshall's action. And he has the final say.

boom

Good.

Bow down to the all knowing lol

boom

Hurray as well! Maybe he can use UAB as his holla' back school instead of AU. That way he can play on Saturdays and still drive down to Tuskaloser and watch his dream school play on Saturday night. Auburn is too far away for him to do that, sooooo.

boom

Hurray as well! Maybe he can use UAB as his holla' back school instead of AU. That way he can play on Saturdays and still drive down to Tuskaloser and watch his dream school play on Saturday night. Auburn is too far away for him to do that, sooooo.

I agree with this 1000%. See my post in the Wilson thread. I'm glad that we are taking out the trash early.

You people here are clueless.

Exactly. Those who think maybe the kid got played and those who are automatically assuming that he played Auburn- all clueless. Which is why ellitor was merely encouraging folks to consider all the possibilities. No need to make it personal.

Tend to agree.

Don't know the situation and do not know the recruit or his family, but they way his decommit was handled, something seems amiss.

Other commits have shopped around while committed without having to publicly decommit. Why was this so important that he felt he had to decommit in order to take other visits?

Could have been a teenage bonehead moment, but if he spoke to the coaching staff first, I am sure he would have received better instruction to look before you leap. Of course if he told them he was not sure he wanted to be at Auburn, they may have informed him if he is not 100%, Auburn would not be 100% committed to him. I have not heard either way and doubt I would, even with connections. Not the way Gus' staff operates.

Tend to agree.

Don't know the situation and do not know the recruit or his family, but they way his decommit was handled, something seems amiss.

Other commits have shopped around while committed without having to publicly decommit. Why was this so important that he felt he had to decommit in order to take other visits?

Could have been a teenage bonehead moment, but if he spoke to the coaching staff first, I am sure he would have received better instruction to look before you leap. Of course if he told them he was not sure he wanted to be at Auburn, they may have informed him if he is not 100%, Auburn would not be 100% committed to him. I have not heard either way and doubt I would, even with connections. Not the way Gus' staff operates.

Marshall family was not pleased with David. Hence the long visit to AU. Don't think the family is very impressed with the uat staff.

You people here are clueless.

Exactly. Those who think maybe the kid got played and those who are automatically assuming that he played Auburn- all clueless. Which is why ellitor was merely encouraging folks to consider all the possibilities. No need to make it personal.

I don't think calling people clueless is that personal. Jmo.

I agree with this statement completely. Kid was trying to embarrass AU

He should not have been dumb enough to decommit from AU without a commitable offer from bammer. I say let him go to Southern Miss. AU does not need someone with one foot in and one foot out.

I'm VERY glad to see this.

I'm VERY glad to see this.

Amen!!! As I've said before, these kids needs to check their history. Whenever AU offers a kid with some talent u best believe bama is coming to make u de commit out of hate and spite. It's a bear Bryan tactic that has been upgraded by the little one.

snapback.pngIronMan70, on Today, 12:08 PM, said:

Sorry guys but I'm going to have to disagree with y'all here. This has AU getting played written all over it imho.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snapback.pngellitor, on Today, 12:43 PM, said:

I could be wrong but I don't think our staff would be that gullible

==================================================

I don't think they are, or will be. My meaning is, the acknowledgment of getting played (by someone) and allowing it are two different things.

Just out of curiosity, is that your preference for addressing other people's quotes, or do you not know how to use the quote feature?

@ Jeff,

No, that's not it, lol. The quote function on my AUF has mysteriously stopped working and the PTB can't figure it out. If I want to quote I have to copy and paste. Quite frankly it's a pain in the keester.

@ Jeff

After experimenting with different options on my own, as you can see I have caused the quote function to be used, albeit in a round about way.

I go to the reply window at the bottom of the page, click the toggle edit mode button in the upper left corner (the 2 rows of edit functions are now deactivated in the reply window).

Then scroll up and find the post I want to quote, click the quote button and only then will it paste into the reply window. Click the toggle button again and it puts the quote in the original window (with the 2 rows of edit options activated) the way it should have been in the first place.

If anybody else is having the same problem maybe that will help.

Sorry guys but I'm going to have to disagree with y'all here. This has AU getting played written all over it imho.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think they are, or will be. My meaning is, the acknowledgment of getting played (by someone) and allowing it are two different things.

Just out of curiosity, is that your preference for addressing other people's quotes, or do you not know how to use the quote feature?

@ Jeff,

No, that's not it, lol. The quote function on my AUF has mysteriously stopped working and the PTB can't figure it out. If I want to quote I have to copy and paste. Quite frankly it's a pain in the keester.

@ Jeff

After experimenting with different options on my own, as you can see I have caused the quote function to be used, albeit in a round about way.

I go to the reply window at the bottom of the page, click the toggle edit mode button in the upper left corner (the 2 rows of edit functions are now deactivated in the reply window).

Then scroll up and find the post I want to quote, click the quote button and only then will it paste into the reply window. Click the toggle button again and it puts the quote in the original window (with the 2 rows of edit options activated) the way it should have been in the first place.

Thanks, IronMan. Now all we need is a 'bookmark' function so we can refer back to this post.

:big:

Tend to agree.

Marshall family was not pleased with David. Hence the long visit to AU. Don't think the family is very impressed with the uat staff.

Maybe his parents get it....we shall see.

Cool. My bad for misunderstanding

You are in a position to know more than any of us but there are reports of him being externally forced to do what he did and not by Bama staff. if true I am not going to judge the kid harshly yet.

And btw Marshall is on campus for a 4 day trip with his family. It does not look like he will commit anywhere again til NSD.

@ Jeff,

@ Jeff

Thanks, IronMan. Now all we need is a 'bookmark' function so we can refer back to this post.

:big:/>

If that works for you, go for it. I thought the way you was doing it before was pretty cool and much easier to follow.

If that works for you, go for it. I thought the way you was doing it before was pretty cool and much easier to follow.

I was kinda getting use to it. Who knows, maybe I will post like that every once in awhile just for old times sake. ;D

Archived