Bryan Matthews leaving 24/7 (Update: going to Rivals)

ellitor

Hmmm ... a bit of a surprise. Any inklings where he's heading ... or getting out of the business all together?

Hmmm ... a bit of a surprise. Any inklings where he's heading ... or getting out of the business all together?

Nothing yet.

Sad news; he was always very nice and professional over the phone on sports call! I hope the move is a big career promotion for him!

He will be missed.

Well, wonder what the huge news is that was mentioned. Maybe bringing E in as Senior Recruiting reporter? :) Think I'm gonna go ahead and start that rumor.

Well, wonder what the huge news is that was mentioned. Maybe bringing E in as Senior Recruiting reporter? :) Think I'm gonna go ahead and start that rumor.

1 problem with that rumor. AUC has the best team recruiting reporter in the nation in Keith Niebuhr.

He will surely be missed, I know that much...best of luck to you in the future, Bryan!

Wow. I hope he's not going into any enemy territory...I don't know much about him or his background. Is he a product of an Auburn education?

Pretty sure he is but can't confirm it.

He's an Auburn Alum. Surprised to say the least.

His last post on 247 regarding Sunny Galloway ...

The program is in as bad a shape as I've ever seen it.

Deleted his twitter account ...

It's still there. https://twitter.com/BMattAU He added the au on the end of his twitter name just like Phillip Marshall did when he starting writing for the official athletic site. I think Bryan is going to start writing for the University. 5 hours ago he tweeted he will be in New York to see Greg Robinson so he is still covering Auburn.

I I am editing the title.

Deleted his twitter account ...

It's still there. https://twitter.com/BMattAU He added the au on the end of his twitter name just like Phillip Marshall did when he starting writing for the official athletic site. I think Bryan is going to start writing for the University. 5 hours ago he tweeted he will be in New York to see Greg Robinson so he is still covering Auburn.

I I am editing the title.

I hope that to be true. AU is in his blood IMO.

1 problem with that rumor. AUC has the best team recruiting reporter in the nation in Keith Niebuhr.

You're entirely too modest E, but I agree that KN is very good. You probably just couldn't afford the pay cut :bow:

Wonder if it's part of expanded SEC Network coverage with each Univ? Can't imagine they need more than 2 "beat writers" and by NCAA laws they can't touch recruiting news so ...

Wonder if it's part of expanded SEC Network coverage with each Univ? Can't imagine they need more than 2 "beat writers" and by NCAA laws they can't touch recruiting news so ...

Bryan has barely touched recruiting since Phillip left AUC. He's mostly been a team reporter guy. I could also see Phillip retiring if he wanted at any time.

I'm not surprised he's leaving. Everyone moves if they can make more $ at a new job. Bryan is no different.

I wonder how much money people make in these College site roles. It would be fun but I wonder if the pay is good enough.

I think Bryan did a great job. He will be missed. I hope he still covers AU in some way.

He will still be on The Drive according to Rich Perkins.

Allie's tweet - https://twitter.com/...968382862069760

@Allie_Davison: Couldn't be more excited to work alongside one of Auburn's best - Bryan Matthews! Welcome back! https://t.co/SpalmzWk15

Eric Winter ‏@elwinter

Wanna officially welcome Bryan Matthews (@BMattAU) back to the @Rivals network

Archived