Congrats to Dee Ford

AU-24

Not sure where to put this but Dee Ford is the #1 pick of the KC Chiefs! Dee was the 23rd pick overall!

BSPN could find little positive to say about him but he is a #1 pick none-the-less!!

The criticism on Robinson is well warranted. I noticed the entire 2013 season that Greg Robinson was good for at least one hold during the game. And seeing that we didn't pass very often, those aren't good numbers. Still a great OL, but it is warranted. I felt like he could've used another year to develop more. But it's hard to argue that with the #2 overall pick. Odd because Tre Mason looks complete and ready for the NFL but who knows when he'll get picked (I know, it's the position, not the player), but odd that Tre will go so late and Greg went #2.

The problem with making statements, like "Greg ... was good for at least one hold during the game", is that we actually have game logs, and people actually keep up with stuff like this.

According to play-by-play logs, Greg was flagged for holding four times last year. (1) On the final play of the first half of the Arkansas State game; (2) on the first series of the third quarter of the Ole Miss game; (3) on the second drive of the first quarter of the Missouri game; and (4) on the first drive of the third quarter of the FSU game.

There are unattributed holding calls in the ASU (one on the first drive of the ASU game and another on the final drive of the first quarter) and Alabama games (on Auburn's second drive in the first quarter) as well. Even assuming all three of those were on Robinson, unlikely but let's assume, that makes seven. In other words, he was good for one holding call every other or every third game. Any criticism of his game is exaggerated.

In this case, Robinson is both a better player AND playing a more important position. I love Tre, but they aren't comparable talents.

The criticism on Robinson is well warranted. I noticed the entire 2013 season that Greg Robinson was good for at least one hold during the game. And seeing that we didn't pass very often, those aren't good numbers. Still a great OL, but it is warranted. I felt like he could've used another year to develop more. But it's hard to argue that with the #2 overall pick. Odd because Tre Mason looks complete and ready for the NFL but who knows when he'll get picked (I know, it's the position, not the player), but odd that Tre will go so late and Greg went #2.

Do you realize how idiotic your words sound to others? Needs a year to develop some? Obviously, paid professionals and everyone else with half a clue or more highly disagree with you.

Do you realize how idiotic your words sound to others? Needs a year to develop some? Obviously, paid professionals and everyone else with half a clue or more highly disagree with you.

Well, Jon Gruden did say that his technique was sloppy at times, and the NFL refs would throw more flags. His size and measurables were great though. No one comes to the NFL one hundred percent perfect. He has a little work to do, but holds weren't terrible with Auburn (only four last year per above post), He was great and only needs some work, that is why he is a two pick. I think professionals agreed with him (minus the tre going before him).

Well, Jon Gruden did say that his technique was sloppy at times, and the NFL refs would throw more flags. His size and measurables were great though. No one comes to the NFL one hundred percent perfect. He has a little work to do, but holds weren't terrible with Auburn (only four last year per above post), He was great and only needs some work, that is why he is a two pick. I think professionals agreed with him (minus the tre going before him).

Greg is going to be a beast, but he will more than likely start out at LG and then switch to LT in the next year or two so he can work on pass blocking. He could start at LT next year, but right now that's up in the air.

I was mainly referring to saying GR needed another year to develop. When you can be the 2nd pick in the draft you go pro and develop there. I'm sure he needs some work. Obviously, the experts felt he was ready enough. That's my point.

I do not post much, but check the site often, I have an observation. Since merging sites, the AU family is more dysfunctional.

When you post asking someone if they realize they sound idiotic, it makes you sound like a judgemental pr###.

If you challenge another's self awareness, you might consider doing the same. The tone in written messages is easily overlooked.

Thanks!

I do not post much, but check the site often, I have an observation. Since merging sites, the AU family is more dysfunctional.

When you post asking someone if they realize they sound idiotic, it makes you sound like a judgemental pr###.

If you challenge another's self awareness, you might consider doing the same. The tone in written messages is easily overlooked.

Thanks!

Seriously? I'm sure you realize that everything you said applies to your response as well. My post was at least on topic and not a direct personal attack off topic like yours. Not to mention you ratcheted up the name calling a notch.

This is not your father's AE site. We have always been blunt with our criticisms/constructive feedback around here. I called it like I saw it and referenced what he said not him as a person.

The irony in your response is deafening. If I sounded like a judgmental prick, I must have been having a good day.

Thanks!

Thanks!

AUguy85, you are not the only one to make this observation. There are a few who post here with similar manners with those you find in Turd Town.

Loved hearing how he was playing piano at his draft party while his family sang gospel songs. And that was as picks were being announced. Dude has his priorities in order.

Thanks!

Seriously? I'm sure you realize that everything you said applies to your response as well. My post was at least on topic and not a direct personal attack off topic like yours. Not to mention you ratcheted up the name calling a notch.

This is not your father's AE site. We have always been blunt with our criticisms/constructive feedback around here. I called it like I saw it and referenced what he said not him as a person.

The irony in your response is deafening. If I sounded like a judgmental prick, I must have been having a good day.

Thanks!

That is my point exactly. You were offended by my response enough to come back at me. However your attacks on others is okay. "Do you realize how idiotic you sound" is not

"blunt constructive feedback" it is your rationalizing rudeness. I suppose you are a great judge of irony in your own eyes, but not mine. The irony is your mean spirited tone with a very thin skin when someone calls you on it.

Dee's draft party sounded... odd? Maybe a little boring? Maybe a little unorthodox? As long as he and his family enjoyed it, that's all that really matters!

Thanks!

Thanks!

That is my point exactly. You were offended by my response enough to come back at me. However your attacks on others is okay. "Do you realize how idiotic you sound" is not

"blunt constructive feedback" it is your rationalizing rudeness. I suppose you are a great judge of irony in your own eyes, but not mine. The irony is your mean spirited tone with a very thin skin when someone calls you on it.

As much as I would love to continue, the mods frown on this stuff. Your opinion is meaningless to me, so unless you just want to waste some more breath, let it go as I have. Cry someone else a river.

... So how about we congratulate Dee Ford?

It was awesome to see him go as early as he did!

That I can totally agree with.

Very Proud of the way Dee improved his draft stock.

I agree. GR has some issues and needs improvements. But, I think he was the best OL in the class. Matthews was good too, but they are at a similar level right now, and I think GR has the much higher upside.

Archived