New Braves Ball Park

RunInRed

I love the design/layout they are going for and the idea of using the area for mixed-spaced purposes bodes well for the area. With the majority of ticket buyers being from North Atlanta I think we'll see increased attendance and increased revenues. I'm really excited about this development although I know there are quite a few people hating this move.

Traffic is gonna be out of control, it is already bad at that area without 25K people converging for a game. I used to live about a mile from this spot, hopefully they can come up with some creative ideas to keep the area from slowing to a crawl.

Moving out of a major metropolitan downtown and from a stadium that's not that old, makes little sense to me.

I love the design/layout they are going for and the idea of using the area for mixed-spaced purposes bodes well for the area. With the majority of ticket buyers being from North Atlanta I think we'll see increased attendance and increased revenues. I'm really excited about this development although I know there are quite a few people hating this move.

Traffic is gonna be out of control, it is already bad at that area without 25K people converging for a game. I used to live about a mile from this spot, hopefully they can come up with some creative ideas to keep the area from slowing to a crawl.

Well if you've been to any Braves games within the last couple of years, you'll know that the parking is absolutely atrocious. Hoping that this move will help with parking and traffic.

Braves New World?

They are going to have to change the the orientation of the field. Looks to be pointing Southwest. The batters have to look into the afternoon sun.

"It is desirable that the line from home base through the pitchers plate to second base shall run East Northeast." - Official Baseball Rules, section 1.04.

http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/general/facts/diamonds/index.htm

n030.gif

Moving out of a major metropolitan downtown and from a stadium that's not that old, makes little sense to me.

Here is the map showing where the majority of ticket buyers live, look at the red in North Atlanta. I think it makes complete sense, move closer to your ticket buying fan base to increase ticket sales.

And, the area that Turner Field is at is a dump. The new stadium is next to Smyrna & Sandy Springs and is a nice part of town, a place you would feel comfortable taking your kids to a game.

heat-map_1.jpg

• 1 year later...

I drive by that place every drill weekend. The place is going to be massive. I don't see how they will fix the traffic problems that will arise because that area already has traffic problems on the weekend.

Archived