The ACC

auburn4ever

I hard on EPN that the ACC wants to play an OOC schedule of other ACC members. How can they do that and how could the NCAA ever go along with that?

I hard on EPN that the ACC wants to play an OOC schedule of other ACC members. How can they do that and how could the NCAA ever go along with that?

I think that post didn't get far past the forming stage. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

If I were Fl state I would be all for this. Except the hard on part. Even tho the thought of playing nothing but ACC teams does kind of put me in a sexy mood.

It's been done before. Bear Bryant play an extra SEC game. It gave him the advantage of having more SEC wins than any other team could get.

Sounds like a way to cut travel costs and avoid playing the SEC. The have 5 games a year with ND too

Let the soft, weak ACC play each other for all 12 games of the year. Nobody will even notice.

Yeah, yeah FSU beat AU in the last minute when everybody expected them to pound AU into the ground. Doesn't mean the conference isn't weak.

This is their schedule

8 conference games

Have to play 1 power 5 conference opponent

Have to play one more cross division ACC opponent (the new scheduling of the SEC wouldn't work for the ACC, they'd only see cross division teams once in an 11 year span)

What if the SEC re-aligned the divisions to protect the inter-division rivalries (for example, having UGA, Tenn, AU, and Bama in the same division) Wasn't the big deal that UT-Bama and AU-UGA wouldn't get to play every year if they got rid of protected rivalries?

On second thought that might ruin some of the rivalries within divisions like UF-UGA. I dunno hahah

Did somebody actually write that the ACC gets no credit for their schedule? One of the most hyped games of the year...and the one that vaulted FSU up the rankings...was FSU vs Miami. Followed closely by FSU vs Clemson. Then top 15 Duke (ultimately final poll 3d in the ACC) ALMOST beating top 15 Texas A &M (ultimately final poll 6th in the SEC) was trumpeted as proof the ACC as a whole is competitive with the best of the SEC. Why would teams in the ACC...or Notre Dame, Texas, USC, etc play multiple tough teams when they shoot up the polls so arbitrarily?

Let the soft, weak ACC play each other for all 12 games of the year. Nobody will even notice.

Clemson and FSU was one of the highest grossing games of all last year.

It's been done before. Bear Bryant play an extra SEC game. It gave him the advantage of having more SEC wins than any other team could get.

He also got the SEC to ok his playing a cupcake like La Tech and counting it as a conference game once.

I heard this on ESPN last night. My question is how can the ACC play a none conference schedule with ACC teams. The guys on ESPN thought this was crazy and would not fly. I don't think the OOC "ACC" schedule would count as an ACC win or loss. How could it?

At some point, I beleve we'll see Auburn moved to the eastern division.

I don't. If that was going to happen they would have done it back in 1992.

At some point, I beleve we'll see Auburn moved to the eastern division.

I don't. If that was going to happen they would have done it back in 1992.

Or when they added aTm and Mizzou.

If the ACC is allowed to do that, then we should play Vandy and Kentucky for 2 of our OOC games.

The SEC would t have moved Auburn to the east in 1992. I don't think the SEC knew they would be adding Teas A&M and Missouri 21 years after they added Arkansas and South Carolina in 92.

Archived